Prednisone and Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness - from FDA reports
Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness with Prednisone. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 247,408 people who have side effects when taking Prednisone from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
247,408 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone.
Among them, 13,174 people (5.32%) have Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Prednisone when people have Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness *:
- < 1 month: 42.43 %
- 1 - 6 months: 30.62 %
- 6 - 12 months: 12.31 %
- 1 - 2 years: 4.49 %
- 2 - 5 years: 6.49 %
- 5 - 10 years: 2.0 %
- 10+ years: 1.66 %
Gender of people who have Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness when taking Prednisone *:
- female: 61.36 %
- male: 38.64 %
Age of people who have Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness when taking Prednisone *:
- 0-1: 0.06 %
- 2-9: 0.38 %
- 10-19: 1.58 %
- 20-29: 3.3 %
- 30-39: 6.5 %
- 40-49: 11.96 %
- 50-59: 21.0 %
- 60+: 55.23 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (934 people, 7.09%)
- Osteoporosis (812 people, 6.16%)
- High Blood Pressure (758 people, 5.75%)
- Multiple Myeloma (644 people, 4.89%)
- Crohn's Disease (539 people, 4.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Methotrexate (1,579 people, 11.99%)
- Humira (1,405 people, 10.66%)
- Folic Acid (1,266 people, 9.61%)
- Lasix (1,222 people, 9.28%)
- Aspirin (1,200 people, 9.11%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (3,870 people, 29.38%)
- Nausea (2,669 people, 20.26%)
- Pain (2,505 people, 19.01%)
- Breathing Difficulty (2,271 people, 17.24%)
- Joint Pain (2,015 people, 15.30%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness when taking Prednisone?
- Check symptoms - is lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsLack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness and drugs with ingredients of prednisone.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeLack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness and Prednisone from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Prednisone 254,075 users)
Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 303,639 Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness patients).
Browse all side effects of Prednisonea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weaknessLack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
Could your condition cause Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weaknessLack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
- Pain and Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
- Osteoporosis and Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
- High blood pressure and Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
- Multiple myeloma and Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
- Crohn's disease and Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I'm 57 and had a bad case of shingles 7/4/17 for 3 days before we were to leave for a family vacation I had been having pain in my lower right leg on the outside of it that worsened overtime to the point I wasn't going to go, but my husband convinced me to go. To make it short I had to be ...
Hello. I've been taking Crestor for 4-6 months now and for the last 2 months I've had 3 fevers. My last one lasting for 7 days. Ive been masking my symptoms with Tylenol or Advil but the doctors can't seem to find anything wrong. Anyone else been through this?
My vision isn't the best to begin with but it seems like since I got on prednisone and lialda its gotten so much worse. Everything is so fuzzy. I cannot see anything. Should I consider switching medications?
User reviews to the study
In April 2017, I developed blood clots in my left leg which was discovered after I had been diagnosed with multiple pulmonary embolisms. I was encouraged by my Rheumatologist to take prednisone to decrease the pain & imflammation I was experiencing from spinal stenosis last Oct. 2016. I had had ...
Hi I was already using garcinia Cambogia and was then diagnosed with an auto immune disease that required me to take 50mg to start of prednisone or go blind. I will be gradually tapering my dosage to 20mgs in the next two mths. I'don't stopped taking garcinia for two weeks and I look like a ...
Do the stats suggest that is I stay on Tresiba for over a month the weakness will go away? I am 60+ female on metformin and have only been on Tresiba for 3 days.. I am totally sapped of energy. Hoping things will change Lynn
Hi! I just found this group and I am so happy. I have been taking tramadol for almost 7 years. For the last 8 or 9 months I have been losing the strength in my legs and hands. If I switch medications will I regain some of the strength or is it gone forever??