Review: could Prednisone cause Liver function test abnormal?
Summary: Liver function test abnormal is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prednisone tab, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 146,809 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 960 have Liver function test abnormal. Find out below who they are, when they have Liver function test abnormal and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Prednisone and have Liver function test abnormal >>>
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 150,135 Prednisone users)
Liver function test abnormal
Liver function test abnormal has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 20,149 Liver function test abnormal patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 146,792 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 960 people (0.65%) have Liver Function Test Abnormal.
Time on Prednisone when people have Liver function test abnormal * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Liver function test abnormal||35.90%||15.38%||2.56%||25.64%||8.97%||8.97%||2.56% |
Gender of people who have Liver function test abnormal when taking Prednisone * :
|Liver function test abnormal||61.44%||38.56% |
Age of people who have Liver function test abnormal when taking Prednisone * :
|Liver function test abnormal||0.34%||2.03%||3.49%||3.95%||8.12%||15.90%||20.07%||46.11% |
Severity of Liver function test abnormal when taking Prednisone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Liver function test abnormal||20.00%||60.00%||20.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Liver function test abnormal ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Liver function test abnormal||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (173 people, 18.02%)
- Pain (67 people, 6.98%)
- Osteoporosis (56 people, 5.83%)
- Pulmonary hypertension (51 people, 5.31%)
- Depression (44 people, 4.58%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone tab (260 people, 27.08%)
- Methotrexate (178 people, 18.54%)
- Aspirin (149 people, 15.52%)
- Folic acid (145 people, 15.10%)
- Lasix (111 people, 11.56%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of prednisone and liver function test abnormal on
Do you have Liver Function Test Abnormal while taking Prednisone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Prednisone and have Liver Function Test Abnormal
- support group for people who take Prednisone
- support group for people who have Liver Function Test Abnormal
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Lisinopril, Prednisone, Myfortic, Prograf for a 59-year old woman with Transplant - Kidney, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Weight Gain, Blood Creatinine Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Nicorette, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Adderall 10, Adderall Xr 25, Crestor, Pristiq for a 59-year old woman with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Stop Smoking, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Depression. The patient has Pain - Tooth Or Teeth
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a 40-year old woman with Tinnitus. The patient has Lightheadedness (a common and often unpleasant sensation of dizziness and/or feeling that one may be about to faint)
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a 18-year old girl with Ulcerative Colitis. The patient has Dizzy, Fast Heart Beat, Fast Heart Rate, Confused, Tired, Disoreinted,just Sick All Over.
- A study of side effects of Prednisone Intensol for a 47-year old woman with Cushing's Syndrome. The patient has Cushing's Syndrome (obesity, a rounded face, increased fat)
Recent Prednisone related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.