Home > Prednisone > Liver function test abnormal > Prednisone and Liver function test abnormal
Review: could Prednisone cause Liver function test abnormal?
We study 146,660 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 960 have Liver function test abnormal. Find out below who they are, when they have Liver function test abnormal and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Prednisone and have Liver function test abnormal >>>
Prednisone (latest outcomes from 149,968 users) has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Liver function test abnormal
Liver function test abnormal (latest reports from 120,981 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, depression.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 146,660 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 960 people (0.65%) have Liver Function Test Abnormal.
Time on Prednisone when people have Liver function test abnormal * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Liver function test abnormal||35.90%||15.38%||2.56%||25.64%||8.97%||8.97%||2.56% |
Gender of people who have Liver function test abnormal when taking Prednisone * :
|Liver function test abnormal||61.44%||38.56% |
Age of people who have Liver function test abnormal when taking Prednisone * :
|Liver function test abnormal||0.34%||2.03%||3.49%||3.95%||8.12%||15.90%||20.07%||46.11% |
Severity of Liver function test abnormal when taking Prednisone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Liver function test abnormal||20.00%||60.00%||20.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Liver function test abnormal ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Liver function test abnormal||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (173 people, 18.02%)
- Pain (67 people, 6.98%)
- Osteoporosis (56 people, 5.83%)
- Pulmonary hypertension (51 people, 5.31%)
- Depression (44 people, 4.58%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone tab (260 people, 27.08%)
- Methotrexate (178 people, 18.54%)
- Aspirin (149 people, 15.52%)
- Folic acid (145 people, 15.10%)
- Lasix (111 people, 11.56%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Liver Function Test Abnormal while taking Prednisone?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prednisone and have Liver Function Test Abnormal
- support group for people who take Prednisone
- support group for people who have Liver Function Test Abnormal
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Prednisone, Liver function test abnormal
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Prednisone rx 3,3,2,2,1,1 plan suicidal haunts all day
I came home from the Hospitol with a 3,3,2,2,1,1 Rx.
I took (3) and spent the rest of the day contenplating Suicide.
The rest of the Rx went in the Toilet by 7:pm.
I wonder how many this Killed.
- Prednisone induced cushing's syndrome
Prescribed Prednisone 20mg twice daily. Took for six weeks and developed weaken muscles and swollen face. Was hospitalized and informed I had severe Cushing's Syndrome. Host of problems included glucose over 400, inflammed pancreas, triglycerides over 4,000 and vision problems. Muscles were wast ...
- Prednisone side effect: hiccups
I am taking prednisone for an allergic reaction to a bee sting. 20mg for 5 days, then 10mg for 5 days. Starting the second day, I have fairly consistent hiccups, which become more severe at night. I have also previously taken prednisone to tame a severe poison ivy rash and have had the same react ...
More reviews for: Prednisone, Liver function test abnormal
On eHealthMe, Prednisone (prednisone) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Prednisone is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Prednisone used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Elavil, Prednisone for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Polymyalgia Rheumatica. The patient has Fever, Liver Function Test Abnormal
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium, Itraconazole, Prednisone, Advair Diskus 250/50, Lipitor, Celexa, Actonel for a patient with Gerd, Allergic Bronchopulmonary Aspergillosis, Cardiac Disorder, Depression, Osteoporosis. The patient has Lung Infection, Depression
- A study of drug interactions between Allopurinol, Prednisone for a patient with Colchicine, Antibiotic Level Therapeutic. The patient has Liver Function Test Abnormal, Spleen Pain
More related studies for: Prednisone, Liver function test abnormal
Recent Prednisone related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Benicar, Warfarin Sodium, Metformin, Prednisone, Zytiga for a 80-year old man who has Cancer
- Comparions of Lumigan, Alphagan, Prednisone, Methotrexate, Diamox for a 24-year old woman who has Glaucoma
- Comparions of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Gabapentin, Prednisone, Methotrexate for a 53-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
More related comparison studies for: Prednisone, Liver function test abnormal
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Abilify, Topiramate, Cymbalta, Adderall 30 for a 30-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Chronic Depression, Depression (6 seconds ago)
- Sprintec, Escitalopram, Vyvanse, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 41-year old woman who has Birth Control, Sleeping Difficulty, ADD, Blood Pressure (12 minutes ago)
- Compare Allegra and Vitamin E for a 58-year old woman (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Pelvic Pain and Birth Control
- Vomiting and Blood Pressure
- Vomiting and Vyvanse
- Vomiting and Add
- Vomiting and Escitalopram
Recent user comments
- "Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved ... " (14 minutes ago)
- "Edema of ankles and lower legs, blister-like or pimpl ... " (26 minutes ago)
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (7 hours ago)
- Theolair Sr
- Pseudomonas Pseudomallei Infection