Review: could Prednisone cause Neck pain?
Summary: Neck pain is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 146,686 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,002 have Neck pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Neck pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Prednisone and have Neck pain >>>
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (view latest outcomes from 150,015 users)
Neck pain has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis.(latest reports from Neck pain 23,791 patients)
On Dec, 14, 2014: 146,686 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 1,002 people (0.68%) have Neck Pain.
Time on Prednisone when people have Neck pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Neck pain||43.94%||10.61%||21.21%||3.03%||19.70%||0.00%||1.52% |
Gender of people who have Neck pain when taking Prednisone * :
|Neck pain||70.82%||29.18% |
Age of people who have Neck pain when taking Prednisone * :
|Neck pain||0.00%||0.39%||1.37%||2.45%||12.72%||13.89%||18.69%||50.49% |
Severity of Neck pain when taking Prednisone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Neck pain||7.14%||64.29%||21.43%||7.14% |
How people recovered from Neck pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Neck pain||0.00%||10.00%||90.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (207 people, 20.66%)
- Osteoporosis (178 people, 17.76%)
- Pain (173 people, 17.27%)
- Multiple myeloma (75 people, 7.49%)
- Arthritis (71 people, 7.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (279 people, 27.84%)
- Prednisone tab (254 people, 25.35%)
- Zometa (244 people, 24.35%)
- Folic acid (218 people, 21.76%)
- Aredia (204 people, 20.36%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Neck Pain while taking Prednisone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prednisone and have Neck Pain
- support group for people who take Prednisone
- support group for people who have Neck Pain
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anyone had neck paine after taking yervoy? my cancer doctor has said it has not relatin to my treatment but i'm not so sure.
I finished with yervoy treatment about 2 months ago. I have developed a lot of pain in my neck and head, especially in the morning. I seen a neurosurgeon and prescribed physical therapy but it doesn't seem to be helping. Has anyone else had neck pain after taking yervoy? My cancer doctor says its not related but I'm not so sure.
- Can i continue taking lysine while taking prednisone? (5 day prescription)
I am on a 5 day prescription of prednisone for my allergies/ear blockage. Is it safe for me during this time to continue taking my Lysine supplement?
- Does zoloft cause ringing in the ears, like tinnitus? i've been on it for a month and noticed the ringing in the ears about a week ago, and it's just constant ringing and it's driving me insane. (1 answer)
I've been on most of the medications for more than a year and it hasn't been that bad getting used to them. But I've been on Zoloft and ambien for about a month now, and I've been noticing a lot of side effects. The one I just recently noticed and that has been driving me completely insane, is the ringing in the ears. It's been about a week now and I just don't know what to do anymore. If it is the Zoloft then I can finally just stop taking it and make this stop. If anyone has an answer or knows what to do, PLEASE help. I'm at my wits end.
- Has anyone with autoimmune hepatitis tried alpha lipoic acid, milk thistle and selenium (1 answer)
Has anyone tried alpha lipoic , selenium and silybum marianum? I read an article that synergically they have anti inflammatory impact on the liver.
- Can people with hypothyroidism take garcinia cambogia? (1 answer)
I have hypothyroidism, ITP, and MCTD. With me having all of these issues and taking all these different medications, I was wondering if it would be safe for me to take a diet pill named garcinia cambogia.
More questions for: Prednisone, Neck pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Prednisone rx 3,3,2,2,1,1 plan suicidal haunts all day
I came home from the Hospitol with a 3,3,2,2,1,1 Rx.
I took (3) and spent the rest of the day contenplating Suicide.
The rest of the Rx went in the Toilet by 7:pm.
I wonder how many this Killed.
- Prednisone induced cushing's syndrome
Prescribed Prednisone 20mg twice daily. Took for six weeks and developed weaken muscles and swollen face. Was hospitalized and informed I had severe Cushing's Syndrome. Host of problems included glucose over 400, inflammed pancreas, triglycerides over 4,000 and vision problems. Muscles were wasted and weak so fell several times. Had to regain strength and learn to walk again with physical therapy. Left with foggy thinking, fatigue, muscle myopathy and peripheral neuropathy. Also developed osteopenia. Afterwards was placed on hydrocortisone and Lyrica for pain. Later found liver damage.
- Prednisone side effect: hiccups
I am taking prednisone for an allergic reaction to a bee sting. 20mg for 5 days, then 10mg for 5 days. Starting the second day, I have fairly consistent hiccups, which become more severe at night. I have also previously taken prednisone to tame a severe poison ivy rash and have had the same reaction.
Any remedies? All I found, that works sometimes, is a scoop of peanut butter, didn't work last night though...
- Prednisone mixed results-it lets me breath
have been on prednisone now for 3 years straight. Am taking 30mg a day just to breath. every time i have tried to taper off i have ended up in the emergency room unable to breath. That has been 7 times in the last year. I am 49 years old and was in good health 3-4 years ago. got a cough and it has been down hill.Prednisone worked great at first but then it starts to destroy the body.Had nasal passage surgery(waste of time)have broken many ribs from coughing.painful.when you are on prednisone your body takes 3-5 times longer to heal.craked tailbone from a slip. have seen over 12 doctors.reasonable gueswork. My best doc which is mine says do you want to suffocate to death or let your body try and fix itself if it can. im not for suffocation at all. Just a good medicine to counter the angriness of the steroid. Any ideas i am all ears. oh ya my eyes are starting to go and my joints as well
- Prednisone side effects (1 response)
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
More reviews for: Prednisone, Neck pain
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Swallowing Difficulty- Feels as though muscles may be uncoordinated on one side of the throat, or muscles are too tight and causing pressure on throat. Have had this problem on and off for about 3 years. It is a mild discomfort that can be temporarily relieved by stretch the muscles on the left side ...
- I am a 61 year old female, who, after taking DESYREL / TRAZADONE 100mg per day, for 19 days, (Oct 25-Nov 13, 2014), developed a complete psychosis and was institutionalized for 4 days. I had awoken at 1am, Friday November 14, 2014 and was acting and feeling very strange, upon which my husband wisely ...
- There is a pain in my neck as well as a pain under my jaw no swelling i only feel it when i touch a small aarea.there is pain in my muscles and around my left breast area only when touching or laying on my stomach each symtom lasted two days then switched to a new symptom it's been onne week since i ...
- I had a flu-like bout of unwellness approx 2 weeks before being diagnosed with Polymyalgia rheumatica. The onset was very sudden - went from being fully mobile, to developing neck/shoulder stiffness and then being fully immobile within 36 hours. Following two days of steroids, I felt much better but ...
- After a few weeks at 30mg/day of Prednisone I started to experience experience muscle fatigue and ache after only a short amount of walking. After a month later on 10mg of Prednisone I started to notice minor tingling and numbness in my feet, then ankles, and now further up my leg after about two we ...
More related studies for: Prednisone, Neck pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.