Home > Prednisone > Nose bleed > Prednisone and Nose bleed
Review: could Prednisone cause Nose bleed (Nosebleed)?
We study 146,660 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 926 have Nose bleed. Find out below who they are, when they have Nose bleed and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Prednisone and have Nose bleed >>>
Prednisone (latest outcomes from 149,968 users) has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Nose bleed (bleeding from nose) (latest reports from 140,412 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, acne, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 146,589 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 926 people (0.63%) have Nose Bleed.
Time on Prednisone when people have Nose bleed * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Nose bleed||53.97%||34.92%||3.17%||4.76%||0.00%||0.00%||3.17% |
Gender of people who have Nose bleed when taking Prednisone * :
|Nose bleed||56.05%||43.95% |
Age of people who have Nose bleed when taking Prednisone * :
|Nose bleed||0.34%||1.83%||6.64%||7.21%||8.58%||8.70%||15.68%||51.03% |
Severity of Nose bleed when taking Prednisone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Nose bleed||28.57%||71.43%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Nose bleed ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Nose bleed||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (80 people, 8.64%)
- Multiple myeloma (68 people, 7.34%)
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (62 people, 6.70%)
- Hypertension (59 people, 6.37%)
- Osteoporosis (52 people, 5.62%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone tab (212 people, 22.89%)
- Aspirin (172 people, 18.57%)
- Lasix (170 people, 18.36%)
- Prilosec (159 people, 17.17%)
- Zometa (151 people, 16.31%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Nose Bleed while taking Prednisone?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prednisone and have Nose Bleed
- support group for people who take Prednisone
- support group for people who have Nose Bleed
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
taking prednisone for only 4 days, 20mg/3 times daily, have had nose bleed the last 2 days. have now stopped taking prednisone. the poison ivy has cleared up. will the nose bleeds now stop? anything I should continue to watch for?
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Prednisone, Nose bleed
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Prednisone side effect: hiccups
I am taking prednisone for an allergic reaction to a bee sting. 20mg for 5 days, then 10mg for 5 days. Starting the second day, I have fairly consistent hiccups, which become more severe at night. I have also previously taken prednisone to tame a severe poison ivy rash and have had the same react ...
- Prednisone mixed results-it lets me breath
have been on prednisone now for 3 years straight. Am taking 30mg a day just to breath. every time i have tried to taper off i have ended up in the emergency room unable to breath. That has been 7 times in the last year. I am 49 years old and was in good health 3-4 years ago. got a cough and it has b ...
- Prednisone side effects
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
More reviews for: Prednisone, Nose bleed
On eHealthMe, Prednisone (prednisone) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Prednisone is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Prednisone used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Zantac, Miralax for a 1-year old girl who has Reflux - Infants, Constipation (13 minutes ago)
- Myrbetriq, Estrace, Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole for a 67-year old woman who has Oab, Thinning Vaginal Walls, Hypothroidism, Barrett's Esophagus (55 minutes ago)
- Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Prazosin Hydrochloride for a 46-year old woman who has Depression, PTSD (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Bell'S Palsy and Zoloft
- Multiple Sclerosis and Alopecia Universalis
- Mirena and Coagulopathy
- Slapped Cheek
- Abdominal Pain and Premarin
Recent user comments
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Wondering if possible i could have candida. i have ce ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (4 hours ago)
- Terbinafine Hydrochloride
- Reversal Of Sedation
- Fo Ti
- Chronic Mitral Valve Regurgitation