Home > Prednisone > Osteoarthritis > Prednisone and Osteoarthritis
Review: could Prednisone cause Osteoarthritis?
Summary: Osteoarthritis is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Zometa, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 146,660 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,876 have Osteoarthritis. Find out below who they are, when they have Osteoarthritis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Prednisone and have Osteoarthritis >>>
Prednisone (latest outcomes from 149,999 users) has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint) (latest reports from 246,324 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain.
On Nov, 13, 2014: 146,660 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 1,876 people (1.28%) have Osteoarthritis.
Time on Prednisone when people have Osteoarthritis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Osteoarthritis when taking Prednisone * :
Age of people who have Osteoarthritis when taking Prednisone * :
Severity of Osteoarthritis when taking Prednisone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Osteoarthritis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (605 people, 32.25%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (351 people, 18.71%)
- Multiple myeloma (297 people, 15.83%)
- Pain (213 people, 11.35%)
- Eosinophilic pneumonia (208 people, 11.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (842 people, 44.88%)
- Aredia (704 people, 37.53%)
- Fosamax (639 people, 34.06%)
- Aspirin (510 people, 27.19%)
- Prednisone tab (465 people, 24.79%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Osteoarthritis while taking Prednisone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prednisone and have Osteoarthritis
- support group for people who take Prednisone
- support group for people who have Osteoarthritis
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is there a support group in the us for people with insulinomas?
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Insulinoma, Pancreatic Abdominal Resection, Neuropathy - Facial, Neuropathy - Brachial Plexus, Neuropathy Peripheral, Muscle Cramps, Cataract Surgery, Strabismus, Aorto-duodenal Fistula, Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumour, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Lupus, Posterior Spinal Fusion, Bone Degeneration, Osteoarthritis, Bradycardia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Islets Of Langerhans)
SUPPORT GROUP IN UNITED STATES!!!
Hi, the only support group that I've been able to find for people with insulinomas is located in the UK... just wondering if there is one in the US. I had pancreatic surgery to remove my first insulinoma in 2012, we're thinking there's another because I'm stil ...
- Can i continue taking lysine while taking prednisone? (5 day prescription)
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Blocked Ear, and takes Prednisone, Lysine)
I am on a 5 day prescription of prednisone for my allergies/ear blockage. Is it safe for me during this time to continue taking my Lysine supplement?
- Does zoloft cause ringing in the ears, like tinnitus? i've been on it for a month and noticed the ringing in the ears about a week ago, and it's just constant ringing and it's driving me insane.
(Asked by a 24 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Benadryl, Tylenol, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft)
I've been on most of the medications for more than a year and it hasn't been that bad getting used to them. But I've been on Zoloft and ambien for about a month now, and I've been noticing a lot of side effects. The one I just recently noticed and that has been driving me completely insane, is the r ...
- Has anyone with autoimmune hepatitis tried alpha lipoic acid, milk thistle and selenium
(Asked by a 14 year old girl who has Autoimmune Hepatitis)
Has anyone tried alpha lipoic , selenium and silybum marianum? I read an article that synergically they have anti inflammatory impact on the liver.
- Can people with hypothyroidism take garcinia cambogia?
(Asked by a 15 year old girl who has Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura, Hypothyroidism, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease, and takes Nabumetone, Levothyroxine Sodium, Prednisone, Plaquenil)
I have hypothyroidism, ITP, and MCTD. With me having all of these issues and taking all these different medications, I was wondering if it would be safe for me to take a diet pill named garcinia cambogia.
More questions for: Prednisone, Osteoarthritis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Prednisone rx 3,3,2,2,1,1 plan suicidal haunts all day
(Posted by a 54 year old man who has COPD, Emphysema, and takes Prednisone)
I came home from the Hospitol with a 3,3,2,2,1,1 Rx.
I took (3) and spent the rest of the day contenplating Suicide.
The rest of the Rx went in the Toilet by 7:pm.
I wonder how many this Killed.
- Prednisone induced cushing's syndrome
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Steroid Myopathy, Osteopenia, Diabetes, Peripheral Neuropathy , Cushing's Syndrome - Steroid Induced, and takes Prednisone)
Prescribed Prednisone 20mg twice daily. Took for six weeks and developed weaken muscles and swollen face. Was hospitalized and informed I had severe Cushing's Syndrome. Host of problems included glucose over 400, inflammed pancreas, triglycerides over 4,000 and vision problems. Muscles were wast ...
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Sepsis hallucinations misdiagnosed
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has I, Osteoarthritis, Chronic Pain, Scar-tissue Adhesions, Bowel Blockage, Sepsis, Sepsis Hallucinations, and takes Clonazepam, Dilaudid)
I was admitted to the hospital at 10 p.m., with a total bowel blockage caused by scar-tissue adhesions. I had first gone to the ER at 3 a.m. that morning, but the ER doc misdiagnosed my condition as constipation. I was in extreme pain and also too weak to tell my husband when he first came home t ...
- Prednisone side effect: hiccups
(Posted by a 56 year old man who has Allergic Reaction To Bee Sting, and takes Prednisone)
I am taking prednisone for an allergic reaction to a bee sting. 20mg for 5 days, then 10mg for 5 days. Starting the second day, I have fairly consistent hiccups, which become more severe at night. I have also previously taken prednisone to tame a severe poison ivy rash and have had the same react ...
More reviews for: Prednisone, Osteoarthritis
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Joint Stiffness
Comments: Also multifocal cortitis
- A study of drug interactions between Famotidine, Prednisone, Vitamin D, B Complex Vitamin, Proair Hfa, Flonase, Acetaminophen, Mucinex, Loratadine, Carafate, Flovent, Ipratropium Bromide, Lovenox for a patient with Hiatal Hernia, Pulmonary Congestion, Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma Stage Iv, Deficiency Anaemia, Shortness Of Breath, Runny Nose, Pain, Lung/pulmonary Congestion, Esophagitis, Lung Cancer - Non-small Cell, Emphysema, Blood Clots. The patient has Runny Nose, Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion, Malignant Pleural Effusion
Comments: Not sure what to use & not use. Conflicting resources.congestion seems to all come from running nose.
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Myasthenia Gravis. The patient has Diarrhea
Comments: Stomach hurt all the time
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Cobalamin, Actonel, Vitamin D, Calcium, Omeprazole, Methotrexate, Prednisone for a patient with Methotrexate Use, Pernicious Anemia, Steroid Use, Gerd, Boop. The patient has
Comments: Also take Vitamin D, Actonel,Calcium, B-12, Folic acid
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Arava for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Headache
Comments: Blinding headache with nausea and facial swelling
More related studies for: Prednisone, Osteoarthritis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.