Home > Prednisone > Peripheral neuropathy > Prednisone and Peripheral neuropathy
Review: could Prednisone cause Peripheral neuropathy?
We study 146,660 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 457 have Peripheral neuropathy. Find out below who they are, when they have Peripheral neuropathy and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Prednisone and have Peripheral neuropathy >>>
Prednisone (latest outcomes from 149,968 users) has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Peripheral neuropathy (damage to nerves of the peripheral nervous system) (latest reports from 26,222 patients) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, high blood cholesterol, diabetes, high blood pressure, pain.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 146,589 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 457 people (0.31%) have Peripheral Neuropathy.
Time on Prednisone when people have Peripheral neuropathy * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Peripheral neuropathy||23.81%||28.57%||14.29%||19.05%||9.52%||0.00%||4.76% |
Gender of people who have Peripheral neuropathy when taking Prednisone * :
|Peripheral neuropathy||58.82%||41.18% |
Age of people who have Peripheral neuropathy when taking Prednisone * :
|Peripheral neuropathy||0.00%||2.15%||2.39%||2.87%||7.42%||21.05%||26.08%||38.04% |
Severity of Peripheral neuropathy when taking Prednisone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Peripheral neuropathy||25.00%||25.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Peripheral neuropathy ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Peripheral neuropathy||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (60 people, 13.13%)
- Multiple myeloma (31 people, 6.78%)
- Acute lymphocytic leukaemia (13 people, 2.84%)
- Neuropathy (11 people, 2.41%)
- Pain (9 people, 1.97%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone tab (90 people, 19.69%)
- Methotrexate (86 people, 18.82%)
- Folic acid (68 people, 14.88%)
- Arava (59 people, 12.91%)
- Remicade (59 people, 12.91%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Peripheral Neuropathy while taking Prednisone?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prednisone and have Peripheral Neuropathy
- support group for people who take Prednisone
- support group for people who have Peripheral Neuropathy
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Prednisone, Peripheral neuropathy
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Prednisone rx 3,3,2,2,1,1 plan suicidal haunts all day
I came home from the Hospitol with a 3,3,2,2,1,1 Rx.
I took (3) and spent the rest of the day contenplating Suicide.
The rest of the Rx went in the Toilet by 7:pm.
I wonder how many this Killed.
- Prednisone induced cushing's syndrome
Prescribed Prednisone 20mg twice daily. Took for six weeks and developed weaken muscles and swollen face. Was hospitalized and informed I had severe Cushing's Syndrome. Host of problems included glucose over 400, inflammed pancreas, triglycerides over 4,000 and vision problems. Muscles were wast ...
- Adderall xr 30 mg and peripheral neuropathy
I have been taking adderall xr 30 mg for the past five years, with some breaks. I started showing symptoms of peripheral neuropathy the second year. This year (my 5th year on adderall) has been the worst and most difficult for my peripheral neuropathy. I also suffer from major depressive disorder an ...
More reviews for: Prednisone, Peripheral neuropathy
On eHealthMe, Prednisone (prednisone) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Prednisone is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Prednisone used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Probiotics, Vitamin D, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Cozaar, Hydrochlorothiazide, Norvasc, Ibuprofen for a patient with Asthma, Preventive Health Care, Hypertension, Pain. The patient has Soft Tissue Inflammation, Chronic Sinus Infection, Eosinophil Count Abnormal, Asthma, Neuropathy
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Labyrinthitis. The patient has Neuropathy (damage to nerves)
- A study of drug interactions between Zolpidem Tartrate, Prednisone, Metoprolol Succinate, Rapamune, Tylenol for a patient with Sleeping Sickness, Transplant - Kidney, Kidney Transplant, Headache. The patient has Neuropathy, Night Sweats Fatigue Weakness When Not Using Drug, Nausea And Vomiting, Headaches, Ataxia
More related studies for: Prednisone, Peripheral neuropathy
Recent Prednisone related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Benicar, Warfarin Sodium, Metformin, Prednisone, Zytiga for a 80-year old man who has Cancer
- Comparions of Lumigan, Alphagan, Prednisone, Methotrexate, Diamox for a 24-year old woman who has Glaucoma
- Comparions of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Gabapentin, Prednisone, Methotrexate for a 53-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
More related comparison studies for: Prednisone, Peripheral neuropathy
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Zantac, Miralax for a 1-year old girl who has Reflux - Infants, Constipation (59 minutes ago)
- Myrbetriq, Estrace, Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole for a 67-year old woman who has Oab, Thinning Vaginal Walls, Hypothroidism, Barrett's Esophagus (2 hours ago)
- Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Prazosin Hydrochloride for a 46-year old woman who has Depression, PTSD (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Thorazine and Drug Screen False Positive
- Suicide Attempt
- Spironolactone and Junel Fe 1/20
- Bell'S Palsy and Zoloft
- Multiple Sclerosis and Alopecia Universalis
Recent user comments
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Wondering if possible i could have candida. i have ce ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (5 hours ago)
- Gonadal Dysgenesis Nos
- Gastric Ulcer Haemorrhage
- Postictal State