Home > Prednisone > Peripheral neuropathy > Prednisone and Peripheral neuropathy
Review: could Prednisone cause Peripheral neuropathy?
We study 146,589 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 168 have Peripheral neuropathy. Find out below who they are, when they have Peripheral neuropathy and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Prednisone and have Peripheral neuropathy >>>
Prednisone (latest outcomes from 149,937 users) has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Peripheral neuropathy (damage to nerves of the peripheral nervous system) (latest reports from 25,840 patients) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, high blood cholesterol, diabetes, high blood pressure, pain.
On Sep, 11, 2014: 146,589 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 457 people (0.31%) have Peripheral Neuropathy.
Time on Prednisone when people have Peripheral neuropathy * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Peripheral neuropathy||23.81%||28.57%||14.29%||19.05%||9.52%||0.00%||4.76% |
Gender of people who have Peripheral neuropathy when taking Prednisone * :
|Peripheral neuropathy||58.82%||41.18% |
Age of people who have Peripheral neuropathy when taking Prednisone * :
|Peripheral neuropathy||0.00%||2.15%||2.39%||2.87%||7.42%||21.05%||26.08%||38.04% |
Severity of Peripheral neuropathy when taking Prednisone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Peripheral neuropathy||25.00%||25.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Peripheral neuropathy ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Peripheral neuropathy||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (60 people, 13.13%)
- Multiple myeloma (31 people, 6.78%)
- Acute lymphocytic leukaemia (13 people, 2.84%)
- Neuropathy (11 people, 2.41%)
- Pain (9 people, 1.97%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone tab (90 people, 19.69%)
- Methotrexate (86 people, 18.82%)
- Folic acid (68 people, 14.88%)
- Arava (59 people, 12.91%)
- Remicade (59 people, 12.91%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Peripheral Neuropathy while taking Prednisone?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prednisone and have Peripheral Neuropathy
- support group for people who take Prednisone
- support group for people who have Peripheral Neuropathy
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 year ago):
low dose prednisone (20mg) for 7 to 14 days at a time. 1 to 2 times a year until recently. now 5-6 times a year. Used to treat asthma wheezing uncontrolled by conventional medications, inhalers, and breathing treatments (albuterol)
Numerous bacterial infections in sinuses. pseudomonas, bactroenterou, staph, (sorry about spelling) Just had a fourth sinus surgery. inflamed mucous lining
Eosinophil count high. IGG in the 600's, Low IGM
nueropathy in both legs. cold feeling in feet, no swelling
From this study (2 years ago):
Symptoms developed after 1 week of treatment. 3 weeks from first symptom of Labyrinthitis.
From this study (5 years ago):
Possible interaction between acetominophen and zolpidem? affects walking, nausea, night sweats, fever
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Prednisone, Peripheral neuropathy
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Lyrica varied widely
I was prescribed Lyrica for treatment of chronic pain. It was ineffective, but it knocked out the symptoms of interstitial. However, it also caused rapid weight gain (I went from 110 to 130 lbs. in just a few weeks) and my ankles started to swell. The pain doctor advised me to discontinue the dru ...
- Prednisone side effect: hiccups
I am taking prednisone for an allergic reaction to a bee sting. 20mg for 5 days, then 10mg for 5 days. Starting the second day, I have fairly consistent hiccups, which become more severe at night. I have also previously taken prednisone to tame a severe poison ivy rash and have had the same react ...
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
More reviews for: Prednisone, Peripheral neuropathy
On eHealthMe, Prednisone (prednisone) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Prednisone is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Prednisone used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Pravastatin Sodium for a 46-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (16 minutes ago)
- Cryselle, Sertraline for a 19-year old girl who has Birth Control, Panic Attacks (16 minutes ago)
- Probiotic, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, B-12, Potassium Gluconate, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Fish Oil, Singulair, Wellbutrin, Adderall, Biotin, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 67-year old woman who has Digestion, Sleep Aid, Energy, Osteoporosis, Hair Loss, Heart, Asthma, Depression, HDD , Artery Blockage (25 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Cephalexin and Xarelto
- Tarceva and Blood Bilirubin Increased
- Ubiquinol and High Blood Pressure
- Lightheadedness - Dizzy and Norvasc
- Celexa and Enuresis
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (28 minutes ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (41 minutes ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (3 hours ago)
- Vaso Occlusive Disease Of The Legs
- Study/meningoencephalitis Adenoviral
- Acute Pancreatitis
- Cluster Headache