Prednisone and Petechiae - from FDA reports
Petechiae is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Nplate, and have Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura. This review analyzes which people have Petechiae with Prednisone. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 247,408 people who have side effects when taking Prednisone from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
247,408 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone.
Among them, 437 people (0.18%) have Petechiae
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Prednisone when people have Petechiae *:
- < 1 month: 56.52 %
- 1 - 6 months: 30.43 %
- 6 - 12 months: 4.35 %
- 1 - 2 years: 4.35 %
- 2 - 5 years: 4.35 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Petechiae when taking Prednisone *:
- female: 53.73 %
- male: 46.27 %
Age of people who have Petechiae when taking Prednisone *:
- 0-1: 2.41 %
- 2-9: 1.34 %
- 10-19: 6.97 %
- 20-29: 4.29 %
- 30-39: 6.7 %
- 40-49: 16.62 %
- 50-59: 17.43 %
- 60+: 44.24 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (55 people, 12.59%)
- High Blood Pressure (28 people, 6.41%)
- Osteoporosis (21 people, 4.81%)
- Preventive Health Care (15 people, 3.43%)
- Thrombocytopenia (13 people, 2.97%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Nplate (62 people, 14.19%)
- Folic Acid (46 people, 10.53%)
- Methotrexate (44 people, 10.07%)
- Lasix (44 people, 10.07%)
- Aspirin (36 people, 8.24%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Thrombocytopenia (157 people, 35.93%)
- Fatigue (77 people, 17.62%)
- Weakness (76 people, 17.39%)
- Joint Pain (72 people, 16.48%)
- Fever (70 people, 16.02%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Petechiae when taking Prednisone?
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Prednisone 246,223 users)
Petechiae (a small red or purple spot caused by bleeding into the skin) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, atrial fibrillation/flutter, depression (latest reports from 8,600 Petechiae patients).