Review: could Prednisone cause Prostate infection?
Summary: Prostate infection is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Levaquin, and have Dermatitis contact.
We study 146,827 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 13 have Prostate infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Prostate infection and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Prednisone and have Prostate infection >>>
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 150,145 Prednisone users)
Prostate infection has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, diabetes. (latest reports from 711 Prostate infection patients)
On Apr, 4, 2015: 146,809 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 13 people (0.01%) have Prostate Infection.
Time on Prednisone when people have Prostate infection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Prostate infection||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Prostate infection when taking Prednisone * :
|Prostate infection||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have Prostate infection when taking Prednisone * :
|Prostate infection||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||42.86%||42.86%||14.29% |
Severity of Prostate infection when taking Prednisone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Prostate infection||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Prostate infection ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Dermatitis contact (5 people, 38.46%)
- Prostate infection (5 people, 38.46%)
- Prostate cancer (4 people, 30.77%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (2 people, 15.38%)
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (2 people, 15.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Levaquin (7 people, 53.85%)
- Mitoxantrone hcl (4 people, 30.77%)
- Spiriva (3 people, 23.08%)
- Celebrex (2 people, 15.38%)
- Lactulose (2 people, 15.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of prednisone and prostate infection on
Do you have Prostate Infection while taking Prednisone?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Prednisone and have Prostate Infection
- support group for people who take Prednisone
- support group for people who have Prostate Infection
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a 22-year old woman with Inflammation. The patient has Weight Below Normal, Joint Pain, Diarrhea, Fatigue - Chronic, Rash Erythematous
- A study of drug interactions between Amoxicillin, Hydroxyzine, Prednisone, Ortho Cyclen-28, Suboxone, Zoloft for a 34-year old woman with Otitis Media Chronic, Anxiety, Pregnancy, Addiction, Depression. The patient has Panic Attacks, Confusion Aggravated, Unhappy, Body Tinea
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Cellcept, Prograf for a 39-year old man with Kidney Transplant Rejection. The patient has Tingling And Numbness In My Foot Every Time I Stand Up Across My Right Foot Just Started Is Getting Worse My Toes Feel Like Needles
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Losartan Potassium, Metoprolol Succinate, Furosemide, Prednisone, Neoral for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Thyroxine Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, Duretic, Anti Rejection, Suppress Immune System.
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a 62-year old woman with Sudden Hearing Loss. The patient has Headache
Recent Prednisone related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.