Home > Prednisone > Pyorrhea - gum disease > Prednisone and Pyorrhea - gum disease
Review: could Prednisone cause Pyorrhea - gum disease (Periodontitis)?
Summary: Pyorrhea - gum disease is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Fosamax, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 146,660 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 199 have Pyorrhea - gum disease. Find out below who they are, when they have Pyorrhea - gum disease and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Prednisone and have Pyorrhea - gum disease >>>
Prednisone (latest outcomes from 149,999 users) has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Pyorrhea - gum disease
Pyorrhea - gum disease (inflammation of the tissue around the teeth) (latest reports from 29,322 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, metastases to bone, osteopenia, breast cancer, high blood pressure.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 146,589 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 199 people (0.14%) have Pyorrhea - Gum Disease.
Time on Prednisone when people have Pyorrhea - gum disease * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Pyorrhea - gum disease||18.09%||26.60%||11.70%||35.64%||3.19%||0.53%||4.26% |
Gender of people who have Pyorrhea - gum disease when taking Prednisone * :
|Pyorrhea - gum disease||75.25%||24.75% |
Age of people who have Pyorrhea - gum disease when taking Prednisone * :
|Pyorrhea - gum disease||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.77%||0.00%||5.93%||71.91%||21.39% |
Severity of Pyorrhea - gum disease when taking Prednisone ** :
How people recovered from Pyorrhea - gum disease ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (199 people, 100.00%)
- Organising pneumonia (199 people, 100.00%)
- Eosinophilic pneumonia (199 people, 100.00%)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (35 people, 17.59%)
- Arthritis (28 people, 14.07%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fosamax (199 people, 100.00%)
- Ascorbic acid (199 people, 100.00%)
- Zometa (134 people, 67.34%)
- Vicodin (86 people, 43.22%)
- Ambien (71 people, 35.68%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pyorrhea - Gum Disease while taking Prednisone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prednisone and have Pyorrhea - Gum Disease
- support group for people who take Prednisone
- support group for people who have Pyorrhea - Gum Disease
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i continue taking lysine while taking prednisone? (5 day prescription)
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Blocked Ear, and takes Prednisone, Lysine)
I am on a 5 day prescription of prednisone for my allergies/ear blockage. Is it safe for me during this time to continue taking my Lysine supplement?
- Does zoloft cause ringing in the ears, like tinnitus? i've been on it for a month and noticed the ringing in the ears about a week ago, and it's just constant ringing and it's driving me insane.
(Asked by a 24 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Benadryl, Tylenol, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft)
I've been on most of the medications for more than a year and it hasn't been that bad getting used to them. But I've been on Zoloft and ambien for about a month now, and I've been noticing a lot of side effects. The one I just recently noticed and that has been driving me completely insane, is the r ...
- Has anyone with autoimmune hepatitis tried alpha lipoic acid, milk thistle and selenium
(Asked by a 14 year old girl who has Autoimmune Hepatitis)
Has anyone tried alpha lipoic , selenium and silybum marianum? I read an article that synergically they have anti inflammatory impact on the liver.
- Can people with hypothyroidism take garcinia cambogia?
(Asked by a 15 year old girl who has Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura, Hypothyroidism, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease, and takes Nabumetone, Levothyroxine Sodium, Prednisone, Plaquenil)
I have hypothyroidism, ITP, and MCTD. With me having all of these issues and taking all these different medications, I was wondering if it would be safe for me to take a diet pill named garcinia cambogia.
- Can r-chop chemotherapy cause aortic stenosis?
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Aortic Valve Stenosis, Lymphoma - Non-Hodgkin's, and takes Etoposide, Carboplatin , Ifosfamide, Vincristine Sulfate, Prednisone, Doxorubicin Hydrochloride, Cyclophosphamide , Rituxan)
Treated with 3 courses of R-CHOP plus radiotherapy for Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma of orbit of eye in 2010. In complete remission until 2014 then relapse of genetically identical tumor in maxillary sinus. Recently have received 3 courses of R-ICE. During the past week I have had a cardiac ECHO ...
More questions for: Prednisone, Pyorrhea - gum disease
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Prednisone rx 3,3,2,2,1,1 plan suicidal haunts all day
(Posted by a 54 year old man who has COPD, Emphysema, and takes Prednisone)
I came home from the Hospitol with a 3,3,2,2,1,1 Rx.
I took (3) and spent the rest of the day contenplating Suicide.
The rest of the Rx went in the Toilet by 7:pm.
I wonder how many this Killed.
- Prednisone induced cushing's syndrome
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Steroid Myopathy, Osteopenia, Diabetes, Peripheral Neuropathy , Cushing's Syndrome - Steroid Induced, and takes Prednisone)
Prescribed Prednisone 20mg twice daily. Took for six weeks and developed weaken muscles and swollen face. Was hospitalized and informed I had severe Cushing's Syndrome. Host of problems included glucose over 400, inflammed pancreas, triglycerides over 4,000 and vision problems. Muscles were wast ...
- Prednisone side effect: hiccups
(Posted by a 56 year old man who has Allergic Reaction To Bee Sting, and takes Prednisone)
I am taking prednisone for an allergic reaction to a bee sting. 20mg for 5 days, then 10mg for 5 days. Starting the second day, I have fairly consistent hiccups, which become more severe at night. I have also previously taken prednisone to tame a severe poison ivy rash and have had the same react ...
- Prednisone mixed results-it lets me breath
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Steroid Dependent Asthmatic, and takes Proair Hfa, Albuterol Sulfate, Norco, Omeprazole, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Zolpidem Tartrate, Prednisone)
have been on prednisone now for 3 years straight. Am taking 30mg a day just to breath. every time i have tried to taper off i have ended up in the emergency room unable to breath. That has been 7 times in the last year. I am 49 years old and was in good health 3-4 years ago. got a cough and it has b ...
- Which issue has caused my periodontitis, my fibromyalgia or spinal stenosis?
(Posted by a 45 year old woman who has Herniated Intervertebral Disk 7 Total, Spinal Stenosis, Fibromyalgia, Periodontitis, and takes Cymbalta, Percocet, Oxycontin)
At the age of 38 yrs old, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Spinal Stenosis. Obviously I had both of the disease for some years, and was struggling with the pain and symptoms for some time before I finally got checked, went through years being told they didn't find anything, told I had Herniated ...
More reviews for: Prednisone, Pyorrhea - gum disease
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Joint Stiffness
Comments: Also multifocal cortitis
- A study of drug interactions between Famotidine, Prednisone, Vitamin D, B Complex Vitamin, Proair Hfa, Flonase, Acetaminophen, Mucinex, Loratadine, Carafate, Flovent, Ipratropium Bromide, Lovenox for a patient with Hiatal Hernia, Pulmonary Congestion, Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma Stage Iv, Deficiency Anaemia, Shortness Of Breath, Runny Nose, Pain, Lung/pulmonary Congestion, Esophagitis, Lung Cancer - Non-small Cell, Emphysema, Blood Clots. The patient has Runny Nose, Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion, Malignant Pleural Effusion
Comments: Not sure what to use & not use. Conflicting resources.congestion seems to all come from running nose.
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Myasthenia Gravis. The patient has Diarrhea
Comments: Stomach hurt all the time
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Cobalamin, Actonel, Vitamin D, Calcium, Omeprazole, Methotrexate, Prednisone for a patient with Methotrexate Use, Pernicious Anemia, Steroid Use, Gerd, Boop. The patient has
Comments: Also take Vitamin D, Actonel,Calcium, B-12, Folic acid
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Arava for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Headache
Comments: Blinding headache with nausea and facial swelling
More related studies for: Prednisone, Pyorrhea - gum disease
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.