Home > Prednisone > Red face > Prednisone and Red face
Review: could Prednisone cause Red face (Skin blushing/flushing)?
We study 146,589 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 858 have Red face. Find out below who they are, when they have Red face and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Prednisone and have Red face >>>
Prednisone (latest outcomes from 149,937 users) has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Red face (a sudden reddening of the face, neck) (latest reports from 377,280 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high density lipoprotein decreased, low density lipoprotein increased, high blood pressure, hyperlipidaemia.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 146,589 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 857 people (0.58%) have Red Face.
Time on Prednisone when people have Red face * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Red face||65.00%||15.00%||3.33%||1.67%||3.33%||11.67%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Red face when taking Prednisone * :
|Red face||65.96%||34.04% |
Age of people who have Red face when taking Prednisone * :
|Red face||0.00%||1.05%||4.33%||7.47%||12.98%||19.00%||17.69%||37.48% |
Severity of Red face when taking Prednisone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Red face||0.00%||55.56%||44.44%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Red face ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Red face||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (126 people, 14.70%)
- Asthma (68 people, 7.93%)
- Crohn's disease (60 people, 7.00%)
- Hypertension (48 people, 5.60%)
- Osteoporosis (45 people, 5.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Remicade (260 people, 30.34%)
- Prednisone tab (195 people, 22.75%)
- Methotrexate (127 people, 14.82%)
- Folic acid (110 people, 12.84%)
- Aspirin (106 people, 12.37%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Red Face while taking Prednisone?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prednisone and have Red Face
- support group for people who take Prednisone
- support group for people who have Red Face
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 year ago):
took prednisone and azithromycin for 6 days and now have red face flare ups for no reason
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Prednisone, Red face
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Prednisone side effect: hiccups
I am taking prednisone for an allergic reaction to a bee sting. 20mg for 5 days, then 10mg for 5 days. Starting the second day, I have fairly consistent hiccups, which become more severe at night. I have also previously taken prednisone to tame a severe poison ivy rash and have had the same react ...
- Prednisone mixed results-it lets me breath
have been on prednisone now for 3 years straight. Am taking 30mg a day just to breath. every time i have tried to taper off i have ended up in the emergency room unable to breath. That has been 7 times in the last year. I am 49 years old and was in good health 3-4 years ago. got a cough and it has b ...
- Prednisone side effects
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
More reviews for: Prednisone, Red face
On eHealthMe, Prednisone (prednisone) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Prednisone is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Prednisone used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Aspirin And Dipyridamole, Aspirin, Alprazolam, Gabapentin, Guanfacine Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Abilify, Baclofen, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a 64-year old man who has Headache, Blood Thinner, Anxiety Disorder, Peripheral Neuropathy, Chloresterol, Depression, Thyroid Disorder (50 minutes ago)
- Benadryl for a 26-year old woman who has Allergies (59 minutes ago)
- Curcumin, Borage Oil, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Folic Acid, Amlodipine Besylate, Humira, Methotrexate, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a 60-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypertension (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Neurontin and Herba Ginkgo Biloba
- Metoprolol Tartrate and Tapazole
- Cromolyn Sodium and Angioedema
- Platelet Count Decreased and Avodart
Recent user comments
- "Esophagitis gastritis for years, scope every five yea ... " (2 hours ago)
- "hypertension difficult to control; toprol augmented w ... " (3 hours ago)
- "i have night chest tightness,,, cough,, seeded medica ... " (4 hours ago)
- Moxifloxacin Hydrochloride
- Urine Potassium Decreased
- Semen Volume Increased