Review: could Prednisone cause Restless legs syndrome (Restless leg syndrome)?
Summary: Restless legs syndrome is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 146,686 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 221 have Restless legs syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Restless legs syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Prednisone and have Restless legs syndrome >>>
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (view latest outcomes from 150,015 users)
Restless legs syndrome
Restless Legs Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs) has been reported by people with restless leg syndrome, osteoporosis, depression, high blood pressure, pain.(latest reports from Restless Legs Syndrome 16,008 patients)
On Dec, 12, 2014: 146,686 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 221 people (0.15%) have Restless Legs Syndrome.
Time on Prednisone when people have Restless legs syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Restless legs syndrome||37.50%||25.00%||0.00%||25.00%||12.50%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Restless legs syndrome when taking Prednisone * :
|Restless legs syndrome||59.62%||40.38% |
Age of people who have Restless legs syndrome when taking Prednisone * :
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.93%||3.74%||14.49%||35.51%||45.33% |
Severity of Restless legs syndrome when taking Prednisone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Restless legs syndrome||25.00%||50.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Restless legs syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (45 people, 20.36%)
- Pain (40 people, 18.10%)
- Restless legs syndrome (39 people, 17.65%)
- Muscle spasms (29 people, 13.12%)
- Fluid retention (26 people, 11.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (70 people, 31.67%)
- Neurontin (67 people, 30.32%)
- Prednisone tab (65 people, 29.41%)
- Aspirin (64 people, 28.96%)
- Prilosec (58 people, 26.24%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Restless Legs Syndrome while taking Prednisone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prednisone and have Restless Legs Syndrome
- support group for people who take Prednisone
- support group for people who have Restless Legs Syndrome
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Prednisone, Restless legs syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Prednisone rx 3,3,2,2,1,1 plan suicidal haunts all day
I came home from the Hospitol with a 3,3,2,2,1,1 Rx.
I took (3) and spent the rest of the day contenplating Suicide.
The rest of the Rx went in the Toilet by 7:pm.
I wonder how many this Killed.
- Prednisone induced cushing's syndrome
Prescribed Prednisone 20mg twice daily. Took for six weeks and developed weaken muscles and swollen face. Was hospitalized and informed I had severe Cushing's Syndrome. Host of problems included glucose over 400, inflammed pancreas, triglycerides over 4,000 and vision problems. Muscles were wasted and weak so fell several times. Had to regain strength and learn to walk again with physical therapy. Left with foggy thinking, fatigue, muscle myopathy and peripheral neuropathy. Also developed osteopenia. Afterwards was placed on hydrocortisone and Lyrica for pain. Later found liver damage.
- Prednisone side effect: hiccups
I am taking prednisone for an allergic reaction to a bee sting. 20mg for 5 days, then 10mg for 5 days. Starting the second day, I have fairly consistent hiccups, which become more severe at night. I have also previously taken prednisone to tame a severe poison ivy rash and have had the same reaction.
Any remedies? All I found, that works sometimes, is a scoop of peanut butter, didn't work last night though...
- Prednisone mixed results-it lets me breath
have been on prednisone now for 3 years straight. Am taking 30mg a day just to breath. every time i have tried to taper off i have ended up in the emergency room unable to breath. That has been 7 times in the last year. I am 49 years old and was in good health 3-4 years ago. got a cough and it has been down hill.Prednisone worked great at first but then it starts to destroy the body.Had nasal passage surgery(waste of time)have broken many ribs from coughing.painful.when you are on prednisone your body takes 3-5 times longer to heal.craked tailbone from a slip. have seen over 12 doctors.reasonable gueswork. My best doc which is mine says do you want to suffocate to death or let your body try and fix itself if it can. im not for suffocation at all. Just a good medicine to counter the angriness of the steroid. Any ideas i am all ears. oh ya my eyes are starting to go and my joints as well
- Prednisone side effects (1 response)
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
More reviews for: Prednisone, Restless legs syndrome
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Hands and feet always cold, even in hot weather. Smallest toe specifically gets numb. Feeling overwhelmed in large crowds or small spaces. Overthinking and anxiety all the time. Sweating even in cold weather. Panic attacks weekly. Get scared easily, jump when a loud sudden noise appears. Can't sleep ...
- I had a flu-like bout of unwellness approx 2 weeks before being diagnosed with Polymyalgia rheumatica. The onset was very sudden - went from being fully mobile, to developing neck/shoulder stiffness and then being fully immobile within 36 hours. Following two days of steroids, I felt much better but ...
- After a few weeks at 30mg/day of Prednisone I started to experience experience muscle fatigue and ache after only a short amount of walking. After a month later on 10mg of Prednisone I started to notice minor tingling and numbness in my feet, then ankles, and now further up my leg after about two we ...
- The nausea is persistent and debilitating as is the fatigue. Nothing relieves the nausea. I was transplanted for esld Chronic Hep B but developed de novo autoimmune hepatitis with a touch of graft v. host disease.
The emotional troubles became extremely exacerbated post-transplant.
3 yrs pos ...
- he was fine till he took prednizone 10 days died the next blood labs good before after sca ,v fib then vitals normal. angioplasty, good blood flow.pacemaker installed matched up then sca died 49 yrs old
More related studies for: Prednisone, Restless legs syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.