Home > Prednisone > Skin rash > Prednisone and Skin rash
Review: could Prednisone cause Skin rash (Rashes)?
We study 146,660 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 5,432 have Skin rash. Find out below who they are, when they have Skin rash and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Prednisone and have Skin rash >>>
Prednisone (latest outcomes from 149,968 users) has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Skin rash (redness) (latest reports from 970,465 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, depression.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 146,589 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 5,432 people (3.71%) have Skin Rash.
Time on Prednisone when people have Skin rash * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Skin rash||53.49%||20.35%||7.56%||5.81%||2.91%||5.23%||4.65% |
Gender of people who have Skin rash when taking Prednisone * :
|Skin rash||65.78%||34.22% |
Age of people who have Skin rash when taking Prednisone * :
|Skin rash||0.16%||0.94%||2.83%||3.97%||9.45%||15.79%||23.70%||43.15% |
Severity of Skin rash when taking Prednisone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Skin rash||4.55%||40.91%||31.82%||22.73% |
How people recovered from Skin rash ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Skin rash||13.33%||6.67%||80.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (1,533 people, 28.22%)
- Pain (523 people, 9.63%)
- Osteoporosis (446 people, 8.21%)
- Multiple myeloma (352 people, 6.48%)
- Hypertension (311 people, 5.73%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone tab (1,815 people, 33.41%)
- Humira (1,213 people, 22.33%)
- Methotrexate (968 people, 17.82%)
- Folic acid (954 people, 17.56%)
- Aspirin (939 people, 17.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Skin Rash while taking Prednisone?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prednisone and have Skin Rash
- support group for people who take Prednisone
- support group for people who have Skin Rash
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Prednisone, Skin rash
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Prednisone rx 3,3,2,2,1,1 plan suicidal haunts all day
I came home from the Hospitol with a 3,3,2,2,1,1 Rx.
I took (3) and spent the rest of the day contenplating Suicide.
The rest of the Rx went in the Toilet by 7:pm.
I wonder how many this Killed.
- Rash from eating kale
I ate kale for the first time on Monday. I only had a small bowl of fresh mixed green salad, so it wasn't entirely Kale. By Tuesday, I had a small rash on my left hip. I ignored it at first. Thursday evening, I decided to eat a large kale salad with other veggies and salmon, all of which I have ...
- Prednisone induced cushing's syndrome
Prescribed Prednisone 20mg twice daily. Took for six weeks and developed weaken muscles and swollen face. Was hospitalized and informed I had severe Cushing's Syndrome. Host of problems included glucose over 400, inflammed pancreas, triglycerides over 4,000 and vision problems. Muscles were wast ...
More reviews for: Prednisone, Skin rash
On eHealthMe, Prednisone (prednisone) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Prednisone is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Prednisone used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Ativan, Pristiq, Hydroxyzine for a patient with Autoimmune Disorder, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Allergic Respiratory Disease. The patient has Photosensitive Rash, Skin Redness Or Inflammation, High Blood Pressure, Tachycardia, Chest Pain, Differential White Blood Cell Count, Edema
- A study of drug interactions between Plaquenil, Prednisone for a patient with Sle Arthritis. The patient has Rash Generalised
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Kidney Transplant Rejection. The patient has Rash (redness)
More related studies for: Prednisone, Skin rash
Recent Prednisone related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Benicar, Warfarin Sodium, Metformin, Prednisone, Zytiga for a 80-year old man who has Cancer
- Comparions of Lumigan, Alphagan, Prednisone, Methotrexate, Diamox for a 24-year old woman who has Glaucoma
- Comparions of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Gabapentin, Prednisone, Methotrexate for a 53-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
More related comparison studies for: Prednisone, Skin rash
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Compare Allegra and Vitamin E for a 58-year old woman (33 minutes ago)
- Xarelto for a 68-year old man who has DVT (41 minutes ago)
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Lithium Carbonate and Vivid Nightmare
- Azathioprine and Total Knee Replacement
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (6 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (7 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (10 hours ago)
- Hepatamine 8
- Tuberculosis Reactivated
- Numbness And Tingling
- Iritic Melanoma
- Bromfed Dm