Review: could Prednisone cause Sleepiness?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 1, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.5/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 146,485 people who take Prednisone. Among them, 1,357 have Sleepiness. See who they are, when they have Sleepiness and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Prednisone (latest outcomes from 149,621 users) has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis, asthma. Commonly reported side effects of Prednisone include fever, nausea aggravated, nausea, weakness, dyspnoea exacerbated.
Sleepiness (excess sleeping) (latest reports from 481,863 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, quit smoking.
On Feb, 22, 2014: 140,480 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 1,305 people (0.93%) have Sleepiness.
Time on Prednisone when people have Sleepiness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Sleepiness when taking Prednisone * :
Age of people who have Sleepiness when taking Prednisone * :
Severity of Sleepiness when taking Prednisone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Sleepiness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (174 people, 13.33%)
- Pain (166 people, 12.72%)
- Hypertension (109 people, 8.35%)
- Multiple myeloma (94 people, 7.20%)
- Depression (85 people, 6.51%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone tab (424 people, 32.49%)
- Lasix (241 people, 18.47%)
- Aspirin (213 people, 16.32%)
- Folic acid (180 people, 13.79%)
- Methotrexate (180 people, 13.79%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Prednisone, Sleepiness
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Prednisone (prednisone) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Prednisone is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Prednisone used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Prednisone side effects from A to Z:
Browse Prednisone drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
Healed joint and soft tissue injuries (PID) return with increased pain and swelling. Pressure changes with position. Frequency and intensity of migraines increased with pressure symptoms. Genetic connective tissue disorder - Ehler Danlos Syndrome. Cardiac arrhythmia. History of rheumatic fever, pneumothorax, whooping cough, and severe allergic reactions.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Can you take garcinia cambogia while taking prednisone
On prednisone but want to start taking Garcinia Cambogia. Is it safe???
- How many doses can i take?
I have been using cyproheptadine for two months now, twice a week. I have just ordered a hair pill call hairfinity which consist of biotin and should be taken 2 times a day. Is it good to take both pills at the same time? If not when can I take both? And how many should take a day?
- What causes low oxygen blood level
Since retiring I have been experiencing the above conditions. It seems to be progressive. My physician monitored my oxygen level for a night's duration and the level was as far down as a 69 level.
More questions for: Prednisone, Sleepiness
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Breast tenderness and soreness
This medicine made my breast very sore and tender.
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
More reviews for: Prednisone, Sleepiness
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Retin-a, Silver, Nystatin, Clobetasol Propionate, Vanos, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Cardizem, Prednisone, Restasis, Lidocaine, Zyrtec, Flonase, Ipratropium Bromide, Xopenex HFA, Xopenex, Fioricet, Relpax, Botox, Lidoderm, Baclofen, Lansoprazole, Advair Diskus 500/50, Symbicort, Singulair, Oxycodone, Enbrel, Aygestin for a patient with Acne, Wound, Thrush, Eczema, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Vitamin D Deficiency, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Rheumatic Heart Disease, Dry Eye, Cervical Spondylosis, Allergies, Rhinitis Allergic, Asthma, Migraine With Aura, Musculoskeletal Pain, Muscle Spasms, Gerd, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Endometriosis. The patient has Urine Flow Decreased, Urine Output, Constipation, Shoulder Impingement Syndrome (Rotator cuff tendinitis), Frozen Shoulder, Early Morning Awakening, Palpitations Aggravated (Heart palpitations), Sleepy (Drowsiness), Sleep Paralysis - Isolated (Isolated sleep paralysis), Confusion, Sensitivity To The Cold (Cold intolerance), Drowsiness, Muscle Fatigue (Weakness), Cramps - Muscle (Muscle cramps), Pain - Muscles (Muscle aches), Muscular Weakness (Weakness), Eye Pain, Vision Blurred, Night Sweats, Pain - Joints (Joint pain), Joint Warmth, Pain - Neck (Neck pain), Blood Pressure Diastolic Increased, Increased Intracranial Pressure, Headache, Heart Rate Increased, Micturition Frequency Decreased, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Blood Pressure Increased (High blood pressure)
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Polymyalgia Rheumatica. The patient has Confusion, Sleepiness (excess sleeping)
More related studies for: Prednisone, Sleepiness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.