Home > Prednisone > Spinal osteoarthritis > Prednisone and Spinal osteoarthritis
Review: could Prednisone cause Spinal osteoarthritis?
We study 146,589 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,098 have Spinal osteoarthritis. Find out below who they are, when they have Spinal osteoarthritis and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Prednisone and have Spinal osteoarthritis >>>
Prednisone (latest outcomes from 149,937 users) has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Spinal osteoarthritis (joint cartilage loss in spine) (latest reports from 121,628 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, multiple myeloma, high blood pressure, pain.
On Aug, 27, 2014: 146,581 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 1,098 people (0.75%) have Spinal Osteoarthritis. They amount to 0.91% of all the 121,266 people who have Spinal Osteoarthritis on eHealthMe.
Time on Prednisone when people have Spinal osteoarthritis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Spinal osteoarthritis||9.09%||3.64%||36.36%||1.82%||12.73%||23.64%||12.73% |
Gender of people who have Spinal osteoarthritis when taking Prednisone * :
|Spinal osteoarthritis||57.16%||42.84% |
Age of people who have Spinal osteoarthritis when taking Prednisone * :
|Spinal osteoarthritis||0.00%||0.00%||0.22%||0.00%||0.78%||9.66%||32.63%||56.71% |
Severity of Spinal osteoarthritis when taking Prednisone ** :
How people recovered from Spinal osteoarthritis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (291 people, 26.50%)
- Osteoporosis (219 people, 19.95%)
- Metastases to bone (72 people, 6.56%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (72 people, 6.56%)
- Pain (65 people, 5.92%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (750 people, 68.31%)
- Aredia (522 people, 47.54%)
- Aspirin (452 people, 41.17%)
- Neurontin (281 people, 25.59%)
- Prednisone tab (272 people, 24.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Spinal Osteoarthritis while taking Prednisone?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Prednisone and have Spinal Osteoarthritis
- group for people who take Prednisone
- group for people who have Spinal Osteoarthritis
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
K S Prakash on Apr, 6, 2011:
I used Lopid 300 mg once a day for about 3 to 3.5 months. My blood sugar levels rose...
I stopped Lopid.
Lopid also caused pain in the lower ribs, just above the stomach apart from muscle weakness.
I stopped the drug and awaiting for improvement.
Fresno on Dec, 9, 2012:
Over the past year, I have lost substantial muscle tone. Strength remains ok but significant change is hardness of muscles though my diet and workout routine remain the same. I stopped finasteride and continue to loss muscle tone. Have had blood work and other tests all negative. Any suggestions
william mcniff on Nov, 20, 2012:
No one lost muscle tissue/weight during or after the BMT????Really??? I lost 75lbs during and after my BMT. 205 to 130lbs. I have no muscle mass at all.
It has been over 4 years since my transplant and I still cannot rebuild the lost muscle. This is with
testosterone shots weight training BCAA Whey protein
creatine etc etc etc.
I find it hard to believe muscle wasting did not occur with other patients.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Prednisone, Spinal osteoarthritis
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Prednisone side effect: hiccups
I am taking prednisone for an allergic reaction to a bee sting. 20mg for 5 days, then 10mg for 5 days. Starting the second day, I have fairly consistent hiccups, which become more severe at night. I have also previously taken prednisone to tame a severe poison ivy rash and have had the same react ...
- Prednisone mixed results-it lets me breath
have been on prednisone now for 3 years straight. Am taking 30mg a day just to breath. every time i have tried to taper off i have ended up in the emergency room unable to breath. That has been 7 times in the last year. I am 49 years old and was in good health 3-4 years ago. got a cough and it has b ...
- Prednisone side effects
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
More reviews for: Prednisone, Spinal osteoarthritis
On eHealthMe, Prednisone (prednisone) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Prednisone is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Prednisone used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Pravastatin Sodium for a 46-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (58 minutes ago)
- Cryselle, Sertraline for a 19-year old girl who has Birth Control, Panic Attacks (58 minutes ago)
- Probiotic, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, B-12, Potassium Gluconate, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Fish Oil, Singulair, Wellbutrin, Adderall, Biotin, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 67-year old woman who has Digestion, Sleep Aid, Energy, Osteoporosis, Hair Loss, Heart, Asthma, Depression, HDD , Artery Blockage (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Tikosyn side effects
- Tecfidera and Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
- Aggression and Lithium Carbonate
- Cephalexin and Xarelto
- Tarceva and Blood Bilirubin Increased
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (1 hour ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (1 hour ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (4 hours ago)
- Trillium Erectum
- Blood Alkaline Phosphatase Increased
- Liver Disease