Review: could Prednisone cause Swelling of the face (Facial swelling)?
Summary: Swelling of the face is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Cellcept, and have Polymyalgia rheumatica.
We study 146,827 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Swelling of the face. Find out below who they are, when they have Swelling of the face and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Prednisone and have Swelling of the face >>>
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 150,145 Prednisone users)
Swelling of the face
Swelling of the face has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression, pain, hypothyroidism. (latest reports from 219 Swelling of the face patients)
On Apr, 26, 2015: 146,827 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 7 people (0.00%) have Swelling Of The Face.
Time on Prednisone when people have Swelling of the face * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Swelling of the face||0.00%||66.67%||0.00%||16.67%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67% |
Gender of people who have Swelling of the face when taking Prednisone * :
|Swelling of the face||71.43%||28.57% |
Age of people who have Swelling of the face when taking Prednisone * :
|Swelling of the face||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||14.29%||14.29%||57.14%||0.00% |
Severity of Swelling of the face when taking Prednisone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Swelling of the face||0.00%||71.43%||28.57%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Swelling of the face ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Swelling of the face||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Lung transplant (1 people, 14.29%)
- Depression (1 people, 14.29%)
- Polymyalgia rheumatica (1 people, 14.29%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (1 people, 14.29%)
- Kidney transplant rejection (1 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Xanax (2 people, 28.57%)
- Cellcept (2 people, 28.57%)
- Azithromycin (1 people, 14.29%)
- Niacin (1 people, 14.29%)
- Chondroitin and glucosamine (1 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Prednisone and swelling of the face on
Do you have Swelling Of The Face while taking Prednisone?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Prednisone and have Swelling Of The Face
- support group for people who take Prednisone
- support group for people who have Swelling Of The Face
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Saphris for a 17-year old girl with Depression. The patient has Swelling Of The Face
- A study of drug interactions between Pred Forte, Methotrexate, Prednisone, Remicade for a 29-year old woman with Uveitis, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Glaucoma, Painful Red Eyes, Pain Inflammation Activated
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Magnesium, Potassium Gluconate, Colace, Claritin, Budesonide, Perforomist, Albuterol Sulfate, Spiriva, Proair Hfa, Humalog Kwikpen, Xanax, Famotidine, Pantoprazole, Gabapentin, Warfarin Sodium, Prednisone, Amoxicillin, Tikosyn, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride for a 61-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, Vitamin K Decreased, Constipation, Allergic Sinusitis, Copd, Diabetes, Anxiety Disorder, Upset Stomach, Diabetic Nephropathy, Protein C Deficiency, Post-exposure, Atrial Flutter, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Pain. The patient has Rash Generalised, Itching, Hives, Urticaria
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a 65-year old man with Sarcoidosis. The patient has Intolerance To Heat
- A study of drug interactions between Indian Tumeric, Prednisone, Oxycodone, Ativan for a 55-year old man with Nasal Inflammation, Nail Dystrophy, Pain Management, Stress And Anxiety. The patient has Nail Dystrophy
Recent Prednisone related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.