Home > Prednisone > Swollen gums > Prednisone and Swollen gums
Review: could Prednisone cause Swollen gums (Gums - swollen)?
We study 146,660 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 269 have Swollen gums. Find out below who they are, when they have Swollen gums and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Prednisone and have Swollen gums >>>
Prednisone (latest outcomes from 149,968 users) has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Swollen gums (swelling of gums) (latest reports from 27,516 patients) has been reported by people with metastases to bone, osteoporosis, breast cancer, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 146,589 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 269 people (0.18%) have Swollen Gums.
Time on Prednisone when people have Swollen gums * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Swollen gums||22.22%||22.22%||33.33%||22.22%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Swollen gums when taking Prednisone * :
|Swollen gums||68.40%||31.60% |
Age of people who have Swollen gums when taking Prednisone * :
|Swollen gums||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.01%||12.41%||24.81%||59.77% |
Severity of Swollen gums when taking Prednisone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Swollen gums||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Swollen gums ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Swollen gums||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (68 people, 25.28%)
- Multiple myeloma (51 people, 18.96%)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (36 people, 13.38%)
- Metastases to bone (34 people, 12.64%)
- Bone pain (28 people, 10.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (219 people, 81.41%)
- Aredia (161 people, 59.85%)
- Vicodin (102 people, 37.92%)
- Percocet (92 people, 34.20%)
- Decadron (82 people, 30.48%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Swollen Gums while taking Prednisone?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prednisone and have Swollen Gums
- support group for people who take Prednisone
- support group for people who have Swollen Gums
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 months ago):
my asthma is out of control so started taking 2 tabs of 20mg prednisone today. I am using nebulizer with albuterol solution every 3-4 hours for days before starting on prednisone now using ever 5-6 hrs Just took and advil an hour ago for knuckle swelling . I have hypertension and have been treated for it. can prednisone cause knuckle swelling and pain that came on suddenly today?
From this study (2 years ago):
Ihave developed swollen lips while dropping from 40mgto 15 mg.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Prednisone, Swollen gums
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Prednisone rx 3,3,2,2,1,1 plan suicidal haunts all day
I came home from the Hospitol with a 3,3,2,2,1,1 Rx.
I took (3) and spent the rest of the day contenplating Suicide.
The rest of the Rx went in the Toilet by 7:pm.
I wonder how many this Killed.
- Prednisone induced cushing's syndrome
Prescribed Prednisone 20mg twice daily. Took for six weeks and developed weaken muscles and swollen face. Was hospitalized and informed I had severe Cushing's Syndrome. Host of problems included glucose over 400, inflammed pancreas, triglycerides over 4,000 and vision problems. Muscles were wast ...
- Prednisone side effect: hiccups
I am taking prednisone for an allergic reaction to a bee sting. 20mg for 5 days, then 10mg for 5 days. Starting the second day, I have fairly consistent hiccups, which become more severe at night. I have also previously taken prednisone to tame a severe poison ivy rash and have had the same react ...
More reviews for: Prednisone, Swollen gums
On eHealthMe, Prednisone (prednisone) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Prednisone is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Prednisone used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Zantac, Miralax for a 1-year old girl who has Reflux - Infants, Constipation (47 minutes ago)
- Myrbetriq, Estrace, Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole for a 67-year old woman who has Oab, Thinning Vaginal Walls, Hypothroidism, Barrett's Esophagus (1 hour ago)
- Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Prazosin Hydrochloride for a 46-year old woman who has Depression, PTSD (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Thorazine and Drug Screen False Positive
- Suicide Attempt
- Spironolactone and Junel Fe 1/20
- Bell'S Palsy and Zoloft
- Multiple Sclerosis and Alopecia Universalis
Recent user comments
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Wondering if possible i could have candida. i have ce ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (4 hours ago)
- Congenital Uterine Anomaly Nos
- Ankle Swelling
- Mood Disorder
- Cystine Stones
- Complication Of Device Insertion