Prednisone and Tachycardia - from FDA reports
Tachycardia is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Tachycardia with Prednisone. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 247,408 people who have side effects when taking Prednisone from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
247,408 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone.
Among them, 3,924 people (1.59%) have Tachycardia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Prednisone when people have Tachycardia *:
- < 1 month: 48.22 %
- 1 - 6 months: 29.95 %
- 6 - 12 months: 9.14 %
- 1 - 2 years: 3.55 %
- 2 - 5 years: 3.55 %
- 5 - 10 years: 5.08 %
- 10+ years: 0.51 %
Gender of people who have Tachycardia when taking Prednisone *:
- female: 58.35 %
- male: 41.65 %
Age of people who have Tachycardia when taking Prednisone *:
- 0-1: 0.37 %
- 2-9: 1.6 %
- 10-19: 4.83 %
- 20-29: 5.38 %
- 30-39: 8.88 %
- 40-49: 13.5 %
- 50-59: 20.04 %
- 60+: 45.37 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (219 people, 5.58%)
- High Blood Pressure (202 people, 5.15%)
- Osteoporosis (189 people, 4.82%)
- Depression (105 people, 2.68%)
- Preventive Health Care (101 people, 2.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Methotrexate (449 people, 11.44%)
- Lasix (448 people, 11.42%)
- Aspirin (421 people, 10.73%)
- Folic Acid (403 people, 10.27%)
- Zometa (340 people, 8.66%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Hypotension (828 people, 21.10%)
- Fever (759 people, 19.34%)
- Nausea (722 people, 18.40%)
- High Blood Pressure (709 people, 18.07%)
- Weakness (700 people, 17.84%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tachycardia when taking Prednisone?
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Prednisone 246,223 users)
Tachycardia (a heart rate that exceeds the range of 100 beats/min) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, pain, osteoporosis, atrial fibrillation/flutter (latest reports from 117,264 Tachycardia patients).