Prednisone and Thin blood - from FDA reports
Thin blood is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Cyclophosphamide, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Thin blood with Prednisone. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 247,408 people who have side effects when taking Prednisone from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
247,408 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone.
Among them, 6,899 people (2.79%) have Thin blood
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Prednisone when people have Thin blood *:
- < 1 month: 56.5 %
- 1 - 6 months: 27.08 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.12 %
- 1 - 2 years: 2.53 %
- 2 - 5 years: 2.89 %
- 5 - 10 years: 1.26 %
- 10+ years: 1.62 %
Gender of people who have Thin blood when taking Prednisone *:
- female: 48.43 %
- male: 51.57 %
Age of people who have Thin blood when taking Prednisone *:
- 0-1: 0.47 %
- 2-9: 1.29 %
- 10-19: 3.86 %
- 20-29: 4.52 %
- 30-39: 6.6 %
- 40-49: 10.9 %
- 50-59: 19.23 %
- 60+: 53.11 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (629 people, 9.12%)
- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (409 people, 5.93%)
- Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (383 people, 5.55%)
- Preventive Health Care (283 people, 4.10%)
- High Blood Pressure (279 people, 4.04%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Cyclophosphamide (767 people, 11.12%)
- Lasix (645 people, 9.35%)
- Aspirin (555 people, 8.04%)
- Methotrexate (529 people, 7.67%)
- Folic Acid (528 people, 7.65%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Anaemia (1,607 people, 23.29%)
- Fever (1,131 people, 16.39%)
- Agranulocytosis (1,095 people, 15.87%)
- Haemoglobin Decreased (975 people, 14.13%)
- Fatigue (932 people, 13.51%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Thin blood when taking Prednisone?
- Check symptoms - is thin blood caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsThin blood and drugs with ingredients of prednisone.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeThin blood and Prednisone from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Prednisone 254,076 users)
Thin blood has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, hepatitis c, preventive health care, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 144,868 Thin blood patients).
Browse all side effects of Prednisonea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Thin bloodThin blood
Could your condition cause Thin bloodThin blood
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I'm 57 and had a bad case of shingles 7/4/17 for 3 days before we were to leave for a family vacation I had been having pain in my lower right leg on the outside of it that worsened overtime to the point I wasn't going to go, but my husband convinced me to go. To make it short I had to be ...
My vision isn't the best to begin with but it seems like since I got on prednisone and lialda its gotten so much worse. Everything is so fuzzy. I cannot see anything. Should I consider switching medications?
User reviews to the study
In April 2017, I developed blood clots in my left leg which was discovered after I had been diagnosed with multiple pulmonary embolisms. I was encouraged by my Rheumatologist to take prednisone to decrease the pain & imflammation I was experiencing from spinal stenosis last Oct. 2016. I had had ...
Hi I was already using garcinia Cambogia and was then diagnosed with an auto immune disease that required me to take 50mg to start of prednisone or go blind. I will be gradually tapering my dosage to 20mgs in the next two mths. I'don't stopped taking garcinia for two weeks and I look like a ...
Good morning, my brother who has myasthenia gravis takes Prednisone 40 mg (decreased from 60mg) has tried plasmapheresis, IVIG. 40 mg dose is keeping MG under control, however he is now suffering from fractures in his spine. Can someone please tell me how to help my brother ? What did you to to ...