Home > Prednisone > Upset stomach > Prednisone and Upset stomach
Review: could Prednisone cause Upset stomach (Nausea and vomiting)?
We study 146,660 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 4,941 have Upset stomach. Find out below who they are, when they have Upset stomach and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Prednisone and have Upset stomach >>>
Prednisone (latest outcomes from 149,968 users) has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Upset stomach (latest reports from 844,755 patients) has been reported by people with pain, type 2 diabetes, depression, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 146,660 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 4,941 people (3.37%) have Upset Stomach.
Time on Prednisone when people have Upset stomach * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Upset stomach||61.60%||23.97%||4.64%||3.87%||2.06%||1.03%||2.84% |
Gender of people who have Upset stomach when taking Prednisone * :
|Upset stomach||66.75%||33.25% |
Age of people who have Upset stomach when taking Prednisone * :
|Upset stomach||0.27%||1.30%||5.39%||7.33%||11.48%||14.74%||21.96%||37.54% |
Severity of Upset stomach when taking Prednisone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Upset stomach||18.75%||43.75%||25.00%||12.50% |
How people recovered from Upset stomach ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Upset stomach||20.00%||20.00%||60.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (817 people, 16.54%)
- Pain (579 people, 11.72%)
- Crohn's disease (379 people, 7.67%)
- Osteoporosis (349 people, 7.06%)
- Hypertension (318 people, 6.44%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone tab (1,551 people, 31.39%)
- Aspirin (854 people, 17.28%)
- Folic acid (852 people, 17.24%)
- Methotrexate (784 people, 15.87%)
- Humira (689 people, 13.94%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Ellen (2 years ago):
I have taken prednisone for 2weeks for a bad chest infection. My stomach feels really bloated and very uncomfortable. Really extended. Constipation too. Have drank water and ate veggies, but makes my stomach feel worse.
I am off them now, 2 days, and noticed constipation is going away, but still feel bloated and extended. Lots of gas too !!
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Upset Stomach while taking Prednisone?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prednisone and have Upset Stomach
- support group for people who take Prednisone
- support group for people who have Upset Stomach
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 months ago):
I have had crohns disease since 1990 and was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis 3 years ago. I have osteoarthritis, fibromyalga, hypothyroid since 1980. I just recently started experiencing lightheadedness, dizziness, headaches,feeling faint and feeling as if i was going to be sick to my stomach all at the same time about 2 weeks ago. I am under a little stress, my cousin just passed away. I am also on 30 mg's of prednisone and have been since the end of April 2014
From this study (7 months ago):
history of drug abuse and possible hepatitis c
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Prednisone, Upset stomach
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Prednisone rx 3,3,2,2,1,1 plan suicidal haunts all day
I came home from the Hospitol with a 3,3,2,2,1,1 Rx.
I took (3) and spent the rest of the day contenplating Suicide.
The rest of the Rx went in the Toilet by 7:pm.
I wonder how many this Killed.
- Prednisone induced cushing's syndrome
Prescribed Prednisone 20mg twice daily. Took for six weeks and developed weaken muscles and swollen face. Was hospitalized and informed I had severe Cushing's Syndrome. Host of problems included glucose over 400, inflammed pancreas, triglycerides over 4,000 and vision problems. Muscles were wast ...
- Nausea and vomiting while taking savella
I have been on Savella for 6 months now and the nausea has increased with time and now I also have vomiting daily along with occasional diarrhea. I am currently weaning off of the Savella, cutting the dosage in half for two weeks and then one pill every other day for two weeks, following my dr.'s in ...
More reviews for: Prednisone, Upset stomach
On eHealthMe, Prednisone (prednisone) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Prednisone is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Prednisone used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenergan, Imitrex, Protonix, Xanax, Buspar for a 35-year old woman who has Nausea In The Morning - Females, Migraine, GERD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Chronic Depression (1 minute ago)
- Melatonin for a 58-year old man who has Insomnia (35 minutes ago)
- Abilify, Topiramate, Cymbalta, Adderall 30 for a 30-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Chronic Depression, Depression (39 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Inflammation and Wellbutrin
- Irbesartan and Platelet Count Decreased
- Pustular Psoriasis
- Pelvic Pain and Birth Control
- Vomiting and Blood Pressure
Recent user comments
- "Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved ... " (53 minutes ago)
- "Edema of ankles and lower legs, blister-like or pimpl ... " (1 hour ago)
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (8 hours ago)
- Crohn's Disease
- Erection Problems