Review: could Prednisone cause Upset stomach (Nausea and vomiting)?
Summary: Upset stomach is found among people who take Prednisone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prednisone tab, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 146,809 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,239 have Upset stomach. Find out below who they are, when they have Upset stomach and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Prednisone and have Upset stomach >>>
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 150,135 Prednisone users)
Upset stomach has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, depression, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 142,490 Upset stomach patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 146,809 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 4,942 people (3.37%) have Upset Stomach.
Time on Prednisone when people have Upset stomach * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Upset stomach||61.70%||23.91%||4.63%||3.86%||2.06%||1.03%||2.83% |
Gender of people who have Upset stomach when taking Prednisone * :
|Upset stomach||66.74%||33.26% |
Age of people who have Upset stomach when taking Prednisone * :
|Upset stomach||0.27%||1.30%||5.41%||7.33%||11.47%||14.73%||21.96%||37.54% |
Severity of Upset stomach when taking Prednisone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Upset stomach||17.65%||47.06%||23.53%||11.76% |
How people recovered from Upset stomach ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Upset stomach||16.67%||16.67%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (817 people, 16.53%)
- Pain (579 people, 11.72%)
- Crohn's disease (379 people, 7.67%)
- Osteoporosis (349 people, 7.06%)
- Hypertension (318 people, 6.43%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone tab (1,551 people, 31.38%)
- Aspirin (854 people, 17.28%)
- Folic acid (852 people, 17.24%)
- Methotrexate (784 people, 15.86%)
- Humira (689 people, 13.94%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Ellen (2 years ago):
I have taken prednisone for 2weeks for a bad chest infection. My stomach feels really bloated and very uncomfortable. Really extended. Constipation too. Have drank water and ate veggies, but makes my stomach feel worse.
I am off them now, 2 days, and noticed constipation is going away, but still feel bloated and extended. Lots of gas too !!
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Upset Stomach while taking Prednisone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Prednisone and have Upset Stomach
- support group for people who take Prednisone
- support group for people who have Upset Stomach
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Albuterol, Dronabinol, Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride, Tramadol, Phenergan for a 45-year old woman with Pain - Abdomen, Gerd, Increased Appetite, Nausea, Pain, Nausea And Vomiting. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Nicorette, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Adderall 10, Adderall Xr 25, Crestor, Pristiq for a 59-year old woman with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Stop Smoking, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Depression. The patient has Pain - Tooth Or Teeth
- A study of side effects of Ceftriaxone for a 77-year old woman with Infection - Kidney. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting, Elevated Liver Enzymes (high liver enzymes), Liver Cirrhosis (end result of chronic liver damage caused by chronic liver disease), Emboli (a blood clot, air bubble, piece of fatty deposit, or other object that has been carried in the bloodstream), Gallstones (stone formation by bile component)
- A study of drug interactions between Latuda, Lamictal for a 46-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder, Bipolar. The patient has Vomiting, Upset Stomach
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a 40-year old woman with Tinnitus. The patient has Lightheadedness (a common and often unpleasant sensation of dizziness and/or feeling that one may be about to faint)
Recent Prednisone related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.