Home > Prednisone > Urinary tract infection > Prednisone and Urinary tract infection
Review: could Prednisone cause Urinary tract infection?
We study 146,660 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 3,314 have Urinary tract infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary tract infection and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Prednisone and have Urinary tract infection >>>
Prednisone (latest outcomes from 149,968 users) has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Urinary tract infection
Urinary tract infection (latest reports from 449,890 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 146,589 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 3,858 people (2.63%) have Urinary Tract Infection.
Time on Prednisone when people have Urinary tract infection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary tract infection||47.92%||24.91%||12.08%||3.77%||7.55%||2.26%||1.51% |
Gender of people who have Urinary tract infection when taking Prednisone * :
|Urinary tract infection||73.46%||26.54% |
Age of people who have Urinary tract infection when taking Prednisone * :
|Urinary tract infection||0.18%||0.49%||1.67%||6.44%||6.52%||12.78%||20.17%||51.75% |
Severity of Urinary tract infection when taking Prednisone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Urinary tract infection||12.50%||75.00%||12.50%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Urinary tract infection ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Urinary tract infection||0.00%||16.67%||83.33% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (933 people, 24.18%)
- Osteoporosis (396 people, 10.26%)
- Pain (384 people, 9.95%)
- Multiple myeloma (280 people, 7.26%)
- Hypertension (254 people, 6.58%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone tab (1,120 people, 29.03%)
- Aspirin (842 people, 21.82%)
- Folic acid (739 people, 19.16%)
- Methotrexate (700 people, 18.14%)
- Humira (598 people, 15.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Urinary Tract Infection while taking Prednisone?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prednisone and have Urinary Tract Infection
- support group for people who take Prednisone
- support group for people who have Urinary Tract Infection
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Prednisone, Urinary tract infection
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Prednisone rx 3,3,2,2,1,1 plan suicidal haunts all day
I came home from the Hospitol with a 3,3,2,2,1,1 Rx.
I took (3) and spent the rest of the day contenplating Suicide.
The rest of the Rx went in the Toilet by 7:pm.
I wonder how many this Killed.
- Prednisone induced cushing's syndrome
Prescribed Prednisone 20mg twice daily. Took for six weeks and developed weaken muscles and swollen face. Was hospitalized and informed I had severe Cushing's Syndrome. Host of problems included glucose over 400, inflammed pancreas, triglycerides over 4,000 and vision problems. Muscles were wast ...
- Prednisone side effect: hiccups
I am taking prednisone for an allergic reaction to a bee sting. 20mg for 5 days, then 10mg for 5 days. Starting the second day, I have fairly consistent hiccups, which become more severe at night. I have also previously taken prednisone to tame a severe poison ivy rash and have had the same react ...
More reviews for: Prednisone, Urinary tract infection
On eHealthMe, Prednisone (prednisone) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Prednisone is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Prednisone used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin, Prozac, Neurontin, Ativan, Norco, Ultram, Prednisone for a patient with Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Depression, Pain, Sleep Paralysis, Relapsing Polychondritis. The patient has Bladder Infection
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Cellcept, Tacrolimus, Keflex, Valganciclovir Hydrochloride, Atorvastatin Calcium, Insulin, Calcium, Vitamin D, Cranberry Fruit for a patient with Immunosuppression, Urinary Tract Infection, Herpes Labialis (oral Herpes Simplex), High Cholesterol, Diabetes Mellitus, Osteopoenia. The patient has Diabetes, Avascular Necrosis, Urinary Tract Infection, Low Haemagoblin Levels, Non-high-density Lipoprotein Cholesterol Increased, Bruising, Fragile Skin, Malokoplaquia, Weak Muscles, Drippy Nose, Fatigue, Osteopoenia
More related studies for: Prednisone, Urinary tract infection
Recent Prednisone related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Benicar, Warfarin Sodium, Metformin, Prednisone, Zytiga for a 80-year old man who has Cancer
- Comparions of Lumigan, Alphagan, Prednisone, Methotrexate, Diamox for a 24-year old woman who has Glaucoma
- Comparions of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Gabapentin, Prednisone, Methotrexate for a 53-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
More related comparison studies for: Prednisone, Urinary tract infection
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (49 minutes ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (49 minutes ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Interstitial Cystitis (ic)
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
- Mucinex and Double Vision
- Chest Pain
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (3 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (4 hours ago)
- Retroperitoneal Fibrosis
- Reactive Attachment Disorder Of Infancy Or Early Childhood