Home > Prednisone > Uti > Prednisone and Uti
Review: could Prednisone cause Uti (Urinary tract infection)?
We study 146,589 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 3,858 have Uti. Find out below who they are, when they have Uti and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Prednisone and have Uti >>>
Prednisone (latest outcomes from 149,937 users) has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Uti (urinary tract infection) (latest reports from 450,550 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain.
On Sep, 12, 2014: 146,589 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 3,265 people (2.23%) have Uti.
Time on Prednisone when people have Uti * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Uti when taking Prednisone * :
Age of people who have Uti when taking Prednisone * :
Severity of Uti when taking Prednisone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Uti ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (885 people, 27.11%)
- Osteoporosis (396 people, 12.13%)
- Pain (384 people, 11.76%)
- Multiple myeloma (280 people, 8.58%)
- Hypertension (254 people, 7.78%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone tab (1,037 people, 31.76%)
- Aspirin (772 people, 23.64%)
- Folic acid (661 people, 20.25%)
- Humira (597 people, 18.28%)
- Methotrexate (580 people, 17.76%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Uti while taking Prednisone?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Prednisone and have Uti
- group for people who take Prednisone
- group for people who have Uti
Comments from related studies:
From this study (10 months ago):
I am having recurrent bladder infections. Is it a result of my meds or disease.
From this study (2 years ago):
in 1993, diagnosis of mild auto-immune hepatits which after menopause in about 2004, worsened with limited response to treatment. In 2009, liver transplant required and received. Post transplant, tripe immuno suppresssion therapy required, which has side effects particularly prednisone which has triggered diabetes, avascular necrosis, urinary tract infection, cholesterol, easy bruising, fragile skin, malakoplaquia weak muscles and osteopoenia. Maybe fatigue too.
From this study (3 years ago):
erin on Apr, 8, 2011:
I was on wellbutrin when I was 17, and I developed Erythema Nodosum on my shins. They went away when I switched to a dye-free pill. Is it possible that it was the blue dye in the pill that was causing the problems? I just thought I would share since I noticed that the majority of patients who suffered this side effect were in their 50's.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Prednisone, Uti
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Prednisone side effect: hiccups
I am taking prednisone for an allergic reaction to a bee sting. 20mg for 5 days, then 10mg for 5 days. Starting the second day, I have fairly consistent hiccups, which become more severe at night. I have also previously taken prednisone to tame a severe poison ivy rash and have had the same react ...
- Prednisone mixed results-it lets me breath
have been on prednisone now for 3 years straight. Am taking 30mg a day just to breath. every time i have tried to taper off i have ended up in the emergency room unable to breath. That has been 7 times in the last year. I am 49 years old and was in good health 3-4 years ago. got a cough and it has b ...
- Prednisone side effects
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
More reviews for: Prednisone, Uti
On eHealthMe, Prednisone (prednisone) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Prednisone is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Prednisone used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Ubiquinol, Grapefruit Seed Extract, B-12, Synthroid, Celexa, Prednisone, Imuran for a 79-year old woman who has General Physical Health Deterioration, Lupus Vasculitis, Energy Increased, Thyroid Function Test Abnormal, Depression (6 minutes ago)
- Topamax, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Lamictal, Latuda for a 36-year old woman who has Migraine, Nerve Pain, Bipolar 2 (57 minutes ago)
- Micronor for a 38-year old woman who has Pain (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Grapefruit Seed Extract
Recent user comments
- "I have had 5 strokes 14 years ago-have osteroporosis, ... " (7 minutes ago)
- "Since starting Latuda I have noticed a sharp increase ... " (58 minutes ago)
- "Been on protonix for 3 weeks when the pain, swelling, ... " (1 hour ago)
- Epimedium Sagittatum
- Alpha Hydroxybutyrate Dehydrogenase Increased
- Blood Antidiuretic Hormone Increased