Review: could Prednisone cause Vertigo (Dizziness)?
We study 146,660 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 4,595 have Vertigo. Find out below who they are, when they have Vertigo and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Prednisone and have Vertigo >>>
Prednisone (latest outcomes from 149,968 users) has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Vertigo (latest reports from 1,295,398 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 146,589 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 4,670 people (3.19%) have Vertigo.
Time on Prednisone when people have Vertigo * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Vertigo when taking Prednisone * :
Age of people who have Vertigo when taking Prednisone * :
Severity of Vertigo when taking Prednisone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Vertigo ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (855 people, 18.31%)
- Osteoporosis (509 people, 10.90%)
- Pain (483 people, 10.34%)
- Hypertension (397 people, 8.50%)
- Multiple myeloma (370 people, 7.92%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone tab (1,397 people, 29.91%)
- Aspirin (1,088 people, 23.30%)
- Folic acid (725 people, 15.52%)
- Methotrexate (716 people, 15.33%)
- Humira (619 people, 13.25%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Vertigo while taking Prednisone?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prednisone and have Vertigo
- support group for people who take Prednisone
- support group for people who have Vertigo
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Prednisone, Vertigo
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Prednisone rx 3,3,2,2,1,1 plan suicidal haunts all day
I came home from the Hospitol with a 3,3,2,2,1,1 Rx.
I took (3) and spent the rest of the day contenplating Suicide.
The rest of the Rx went in the Toilet by 7:pm.
I wonder how many this Killed.
- Prednisone induced cushing's syndrome
Prescribed Prednisone 20mg twice daily. Took for six weeks and developed weaken muscles and swollen face. Was hospitalized and informed I had severe Cushing's Syndrome. Host of problems included glucose over 400, inflammed pancreas, triglycerides over 4,000 and vision problems. Muscles were wast ...
- Mucinex dm and advil congetstion
I noticed another female with simlar age and side effects; and a third female who in addition was under active thyroid. I have taken both drugs independently and had no problem with them. I am prone to low blood pressure & dizziness due to the thyroid problem
More reviews for: Prednisone, Vertigo
On eHealthMe, Prednisone (prednisone) is often used for asthma. Find out below the conditions Prednisone is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Prednisone used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Folic Acid, Prozac, Hydrochlorothiazide, Omeprazole, Calcium for a patient with Neurosarcoidosis, Cervicitis Human Papilloma Virus, Anxiety, Hypertension, Gerd. The patient has Weight Loss, Fatigue - Chronic, Headache - Tension, Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Folate, Multivitamin, Vitamin D, Pregabalin, Ondansetron, Omeprazole, Metronidazole, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Fluticasone Propionate, Zorvolex, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Sodium, Prednisone for a patient with Folate Deficiency, Vitamin D Deficiency, Vitamin D Decreased, Fibromyalgia, For Nausea From Crohns, Antacid Therapy, Female Genital-digestive Tract Fistula, Back Pain, Sinusitis, Gel For Arthritis Pain, Migraine, Hypothyroidism, Inflammation. The patient has Fever, Vomiting, Lightheadedness - Fainting, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Tachycardia
- A study of drug interactions between Tramadol, Baclofen, Ferrous Fumarate, Esomeprazole Sodium, Prednisone, Gabapentin for a patient with Pain, Muscle Spasms, Iron Deficiency Anemia, Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Disease, Sarcoidosis, Neuropathy. The patient has Muscle Cramps, Muscle Weakness, Swollen Legs, Sleeplessness, Itchy All Over, Dizziness, Spiking Temperature, Numbness, Leg Pain, Hot Hands
More related studies for: Prednisone, Vertigo
Recent Prednisone related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Benicar, Warfarin Sodium, Metformin, Prednisone, Zytiga for a 80-year old man who has Cancer
- Comparions of Lumigan, Alphagan, Prednisone, Methotrexate, Diamox for a 24-year old woman who has Glaucoma
- Comparions of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Gabapentin, Prednisone, Methotrexate for a 53-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
More related comparison studies for: Prednisone, Vertigo
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Robinul and Dry Mouth
- Bipolar Disorder and Pineal Gland Cyst
- Breathlessness and Atrial Flutter
- Atrial Flutter
Recent user comments
- "I did call my doctors office about it and they deny k ... " (3 hours ago)
- "I have been experiencing some chest discomfort on and ... " (7 hours ago)
- "Anxiety-driven retching when forcd to perform/present ... " (7 hours ago)
- Encephalitis Toxic
- Neonatal Leukaemia
- Vulval Leukoplakia
- Stones Cystine
- Oestriol Increased