Review: could Prednisone cause Vision problems?
Summary: Vision problems is reported only by a few people who take Prednisone.
We study 146,686 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Vision problems. Find out below who they are, when they have Vision problems and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Prednisone and have Vision problems >>>
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Prednisone 150,015 users)
Vision problems has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, generalized anxiety disorder, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Vision problems 286 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 146,686 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 2 people (0.00%) have Vision Problems.
Time on Prednisone when people have Vision problems * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Vision problems||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Vision problems when taking Prednisone * :
|Vision problems||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Vision problems when taking Prednisone * :
|Vision problems||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Vision problems when taking Prednisone ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Vision problems||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Vision problems ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Vision problems||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Generalised anxiety disorder (1 people, 50.00%)
- Sinus congestion (1 people, 50.00%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (1 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Citalopram hydrobromide (1 people, 50.00%)
- Methotrexate (1 people, 50.00%)
- Voltaren (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Vision Problems while taking Prednisone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prednisone and have Vision Problems
- support group for people who take Prednisone
- support group for people who have Vision Problems
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i continue taking lysine while taking prednisone? (5 day prescription)
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Blocked Ear, and takes Prednisone, Lysine)
I am on a 5 day prescription of prednisone for my allergies/ear blockage. Is it safe for me during this time to continue taking my Lysine supplement?
- Does zoloft cause ringing in the ears, like tinnitus? i've been on it for a month and noticed the ringing in the ears about a week ago, and it's just constant ringing and it's driving me insane. (1 answer)
(Asked by a 24 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Benadryl, Tylenol, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft)
I've been on most of the medications for more than a year and it hasn't been that bad getting used to them. But I've been on Zoloft and ambien for about a month now, and I've been noticing a lot of side effects. The one I just recently noticed and that has been driving me completely insane, is the r ...
- Can blurred vision be reversed from taking gemfibrozi;
(Asked by a 68 year old woman who has Blurred Vision, and takes Gemfibrozil)
Vision has become blurred after taking this drug for about 3 weeks...never had a vision problem before.
- How long does blurred vision normally last after percocet is stopped?
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Blurred Vision, and takes Percocet)
I took Percocet for pain for one week after rotator cuff surgery. My vision was blurred shortly after I began taking it, but I've been off of it for three weeks with no improvement in my vision. How long does this condition normally last?
- Has anyone with autoimmune hepatitis tried alpha lipoic acid, milk thistle and selenium (1 answer)
(Asked by a 14 year old girl who has Autoimmune Hepatitis)
Has anyone tried alpha lipoic , selenium and silybum marianum? I read an article that synergically they have anti inflammatory impact on the liver.
More questions for: Prednisone, Vision problems
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Prednisone rx 3,3,2,2,1,1 plan suicidal haunts all day
(Posted by a 54 year old man who has COPD, Emphysema, and takes Prednisone)
I came home from the Hospitol with a 3,3,2,2,1,1 Rx.
I took (3) and spent the rest of the day contenplating Suicide.
The rest of the Rx went in the Toilet by 7:pm.
I wonder how many this Killed.
- Prednisone induced cushing's syndrome
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Steroid Myopathy, Osteopenia, Diabetes, Peripheral Neuropathy , Cushing's Syndrome - Steroid Induced, and takes Prednisone)
Prescribed Prednisone 20mg twice daily. Took for six weeks and developed weaken muscles and swollen face. Was hospitalized and informed I had severe Cushing's Syndrome. Host of problems included glucose over 400, inflammed pancreas, triglycerides over 4,000 and vision problems. Muscles were wast ...
- Mucinex dm and advil congetstion
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Blurred Vision, Fatigue, Dizziness)
I noticed another female with simlar age and side effects; and a third female who in addition was under active thyroid. I have taken both drugs independently and had no problem with them. I am prone to low blood pressure & dizziness due to the thyroid problem
- Prednisone side effect: hiccups
(Posted by a 56 year old man who has Allergic Reaction To Bee Sting, and takes Prednisone)
I am taking prednisone for an allergic reaction to a bee sting. 20mg for 5 days, then 10mg for 5 days. Starting the second day, I have fairly consistent hiccups, which become more severe at night. I have also previously taken prednisone to tame a severe poison ivy rash and have had the same react ...
- Prednisone mixed results-it lets me breath
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Steroid Dependent Asthmatic, and takes Proair Hfa, Albuterol Sulfate, Norco, Omeprazole, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Zolpidem Tartrate, Prednisone)
have been on prednisone now for 3 years straight. Am taking 30mg a day just to breath. every time i have tried to taper off i have ended up in the emergency room unable to breath. That has been 7 times in the last year. I am 49 years old and was in good health 3-4 years ago. got a cough and it has b ...
More reviews for: Prednisone, Vision problems
- A study of side effects of Vyvanse for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Irritability, Pain - Back, Dry Mouth, Teeth Grinding And Clenching (a condition in which you grind, gnash or clench your teeth), Vision Problems, Tolerance Increased, Sleep Talking (talking during sleeping), Breathing-related Sleep Disorder
Comments: These are some of the problems I am experiencing. It seems like my dosage is too high, however if I do not take more than 60mg at a time then the Vyvanse has no affect on me whatsoever. I am most concerned about waking up to catch my breath every 30 seconds at night. I was prescribed Adderrall throu ...
- A study of side effects of Estrogel for a patient with Menopausal Symptoms. The patient has Blurred Vision
Comments: I took Estrogel for approximately 6 months to a year to alleviate dryness and itchiness and it worked great. About 4 months ago, my vision took a bit hit with a lot of blurriness so I quit taking it. We have moved to Costa Rica to retire and in the physical to apply for health insurance my urinal ...
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Polymyalgia Rheumatica. The patient has Joint Stiffness
Comments: I had a flu-like bout of unwellness approx 2 weeks before being diagnosed with Polymyalgia rheumatica. The onset was very sudden - went from being fully mobile, to developing neck/shoulder stiffness and then being fully immobile within 36 hours. Following two days of steroids, I felt much better but ...
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Montelukast Sodium for a patient with Eosinophilia, Asthma Aggravated. The patient has Muscle Aches, Muscle Fatigue, Numbness And Tingling
Comments: After a few weeks at 30mg/day of Prednisone I started to experience experience muscle fatigue and ache after only a short amount of walking. After a month later on 10mg of Prednisone I started to notice minor tingling and numbness in my feet, then ankles, and now further up my leg after about two we ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Alprazolam, Lactulose, Daytrana, Effexor, Ondansetron, Ursodiol, Prednisone, Azathioprine, Tacrolimus for a patient with Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Encephalopathy - Hepatic, Depression, Autoimmune Hepatitis, Immunosuppressant Drug Therapy. The patient has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Fatigue - Chronic, Major Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Nausea
Comments: The nausea is persistent and debilitating as is the fatigue. Nothing relieves the nausea. I was transplanted for esld Chronic Hep B but developed de novo autoimmune hepatitis with a touch of graft v. host disease.
The emotional troubles became extremely exacerbated post-transplant.
3 yrs pos ...
More related studies for: Prednisone, Vision problems
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.