Review: could Prednisone cause Vocal cord paresis?
Summary: Vocal cord paresis is reported only by a few people who take Prednisone.
We study 146,809 people who have side effects while taking Prednisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Vocal cord paresis. Find out below who they are, when they have Vocal cord paresis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Prednisone and have Vocal cord paresis >>>
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from 150,124 Prednisone users)
Vocal cord paresis
Vocal cord paresis has been reported by people with high blood pressure, hypothyroidism, sinusitis, sleep disorder, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 120 Vocal cord paresis patients)
On Mar, 5, 2015: 146,792 people reported to have side effects when taking Prednisone. Among them, 5 people (0.00%) have Vocal Cord Paresis.
Time on Prednisone when people have Vocal cord paresis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Vocal cord paresis||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Vocal cord paresis when taking Prednisone * :
|Vocal cord paresis||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Vocal cord paresis when taking Prednisone * :
|Vocal cord paresis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||0.00%||16.67%||0.00%||66.67% |
Severity of Vocal cord paresis when taking Prednisone ** :
How people recovered from Vocal cord paresis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Non-hodgkin's lymphoma (2 people, 40.00%)
- B-cell lymphoma (1 people, 20.00%)
- Crohn's disease (1 people, 20.00%)
- Osteoporosis (1 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cyclophosphamide (3 people, 60.00%)
- Vincristine (3 people, 60.00%)
- Acetaminophen (2 people, 40.00%)
- Doxorubicin (2 people, 40.00%)
- Prednisone tab (2 people, 40.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Vocal Cord Paresis while taking Prednisone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Prednisone and have Vocal Cord Paresis
- support group for people who take Prednisone
- support group for people who have Vocal Cord Paresis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Nicorette, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Adderall 10, Adderall Xr 25, Crestor, Pristiq for a 59-year old woman with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Stop Smoking, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Depression. The patient has Pain - Tooth Or Teeth
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a 40-year old woman with Tinnitus. The patient has Lightheadedness (a common and often unpleasant sensation of dizziness and/or feeling that one may be about to faint)
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a 18-year old girl with Ulcerative Colitis. The patient has Dizzy, Fast Heart Beat, Fast Heart Rate, Confused, Tired, Disoreinted,just Sick All Over.
- A study of side effects of Prednisone Intensol for a 47-year old woman with Cushing's Syndrome. The patient has Cushing's Syndrome (obesity, a rounded face, increased fat)
- A study of drug interactions between Modafinil, Doxycycline, Prednisone, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Oxycodone, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Allegra, Zantac 150, Metformin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Cefprozil, Allopurinol for a 32-year old man with Hypersomnia, Infection, Swelling, Pain In Limb, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Allergy To Plants, Acid Reflux, High Blood Sugar, Stress, Gout. The patient has Itching, Elevated Liver Enzymes, Insulin C-peptide Increased, Complement Factor C3 Increased, Blood Uric Acid Increased, Pseudopapilloedema, Lymphadenopathy Mediastinal, Vision Blurred, Hives, Swelling, Pain Exacerbated
Recent Prednisone related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Evista, Prednisone, Atacand for a 80-year old woman who has Osteoporosis Postmenopausal
- Comparions of Symbicort, Doxycycline, Dapsone, Prednisone for a 57-year old man who has Bullous Pemphigoid
- Comparions of Hydrocortisone, Prednisone for a 60-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Prednisone, Omeprazole, Linzess, Ambien for a 22-year old woman who has Migraine
- Comparions of Cefdinir, Prednisone for a 50-year old woman who has Cefdinir
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.