Home > Premarin > Bladder prolapse > Premarin and Bladder prolapse
Review: could Premarin cause Bladder prolapse?
Summary: Bladder prolapse is found among people who take Premarin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Synthroid, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 69,858 people who have side effects while taking Premarin from FDA and social media. Among them, 54 have Bladder prolapse. Find out below who they are, when they have Bladder prolapse and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Premarin and have Bladder prolapse >>>
Premarin (latest outcomes from 70,314 users) has active ingredients of estrogens, conjugated. It is often used in hormone replacement therapy.
Bladder prolapse (bulging of one or more of the pelvic organs into the vagina) (latest reports from 773 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteopenia.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 69,858 people reported to have side effects when taking Premarin. Among them, 54 people (0.08%) have Bladder Prolapse.
Time on Premarin when people have Bladder prolapse * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bladder prolapse||0.00%||10.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||70.00%||20.00% |
Age of people who have Bladder prolapse when taking Premarin * :
|Bladder prolapse||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.85%||0.00%||18.52%||79.63% |
Severity of Bladder prolapse when taking Premarin ** :
How people recovered from Bladder prolapse ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (13 people, 24.07%)
- Hypertension (12 people, 22.22%)
- Blood cholesterol (7 people, 12.96%)
- Menopause (6 people, 11.11%)
- Bladder disorder (6 people, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Synthroid (16 people, 29.63%)
- Simvastatin (10 people, 18.52%)
- Fosamax (10 people, 18.52%)
- Zocor (10 people, 18.52%)
- Neurontin (10 people, 18.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bladder Prolapse while taking Premarin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Premarin and have Bladder Prolapse
- support group for people who take Premarin
- support group for people who have Bladder Prolapse
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anyone had issues with vistaril causing ibs flare ups? and does vistaril help ic symptoms?
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has IBS & IC Flare, Not Sleeping Well, Irritable, Cranky, Bad Mood, Frequent Headaches, and takes Vistaril, Premarin, Ditropan, Singulair)
I have had IBS for almost 20 years and was diagnosed with IC about 12 years ago. I have been on Elavil for about 2 years and it was causing weight gain and I was starting to not sleep well at night past few months even when I take 3 of the Elavil at bedtime. So I asked my doctor if there was somethi ...
- After a a lumpectomy, should i continue taking premarin?
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Diagnosed With Focal Columnar Cell Hyperplasia With Focal Severe Architectural Atypia And Moderate Cytologic Atypia Associated With Califications, Negative For Ductal Carcinoma In Situ And Invasive Carcinoma, and takes Premarin)
Had my yearly mammogram and it came back suspious in my left breast. After I had a diagnostic mammograph, the radiologist recommended a breast biopsy. Because the calcification were so small, I had to have a wire inserted and then surgery to remove the specimen. The surgeon said that the focus of ...
- What would cause the eye to dilate on its own
(Asked by a 48 year old woman who takes Premarin)
Weird twitch under left eye 2 weeks prior to eye dilating without cause, throbbing, sometimes sharp pain to temple. Have had MRI, nothing found, also went to eye dr. To no avail.
- I have a diagnosed ovarian cyst, does premarin (conjugated oestrogen) help with that? will i suffer other side effects? should the doctor have given me co-meds along with the hormone?
(Asked by a 29 year old woman who has Ovarian Cyst, and takes Premarin)
I have a diagnosed Ovarian Cyst, does Premarin (Conjugated Estrogen) help with that? Will I suffer other side effects? Should the doctor have given me Co-meds along with the hormone? I was only given Premarin 0.625 (Conjugated Estrogen) to take for two weeks and I feel so uneasy about this.
- Can premarin cause dizziness?
(Asked by a 52 year old woman who has Hypoythyroid, Hypertension - Essential, Postmenopausal, and takes Metoprolol Tartrate, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Premarin)
I have been on the blood pressure drugs for a few years, so I doubt my dizziness is a result of those. Ive been on premarin cream for just a week or two and I have marked dizziness, especially during and after activity. Its sometimes accompanied by shortness of breath and tachycardia. Can this be t ...
More questions for: Premarin, Bladder prolapse
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Endometriosis, premarin and mitral valve prolapes
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Mitral Valve Prolapse. Secondary, Endometriosis. Primary , and takes Premarin)
They took my uterus, ovaries, cervix,even appendix. Put me in premarin before ANY reports how it causes breast cancer,yes or no! Every report was different depending which doctor wrote the report.never any conclusive information and what always seemed a bunch of guessing! Never mentioned how (mare) ...
- Who cares about the patient? (1 response)
(Posted by a 66 year old man who has Tonsilitis, Bhronchitis, Namonia, Phlebitis, Dvt, Factor 2 Clotting Disorder , and takes Celebrex, Nexium, Wellbutrin Sr, Oxycontin, Premarin, Alprazolam)
I can't believe I'm still alive but quality of life is greatly diminished and no one cares. Not one doctor cares about how this one dr. prescribed all these drugs over a period of 5 years and I lost everything. I flat-lined sept 18, 2005 and was told by dr there in er that I would live 1-5 years an ...
More reviews for: Premarin, Bladder prolapse
- A study of drug interactions between Vagifem, Myrbetriq, Diflunisal, Premarin, Adderall 20, Levothyroxine Sodium, Methotrexate, Remicade for a patient with Overactive Bladder, Arthritis - Psoriatic, Hormone Level Abnormal, Ptsd, Hypothyroidism, Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has Overactive Bladder
Comments: I have exhausted all drug options for overactive bladder due to "resistance." Including Botox injections that had moderate results but only lasted almost two months. Also, every injection was painfully felt although I was prepped with a pain minimizing treatment. I am searching for help if any of m ...
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Flonase, Progesterone, Premarin, Atelvia for a patient with Osteoporosis, Allergies, Menopausal Symptoms, Osteoporosis Post-menopausal. The patient has Muscle Spasms
Comments: trying to determine if muscle spasms related to atelvia. had parathyroidectomy in November 2013 to correct hypercalcemia and hyperparathyroidism. levels after surgery returned to normal then atelvia started.
- A study of drug interactions between Chantix, Premarin, Singulair, Xarelto, Lisinopril, Toprol-xl for a patient with Quit Smoking, Hysterectomy, Asthma, Prevent Clots & Another Stroke, Hypertension, Heart Rate Increased. The patient has Dizziness, Blood Pressure, Chest Pain, Nausea, Headache
Comments: I have paroxysmal atrial fibrillation, history of clots in lung & legs, blockage in legs (had fempop 2 yrs ago), asthma & w/o warning while sitting down all of a sudden I got a severe headache, then about 30 min late got severe nausea (but didn't vomit)chest pain & mild dizziness followed so I took ...
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Ginseng, Vitamin B12, Simvastatin, Tramadol, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride, Atenolol, Diclofenac Sodium, Glipizide, Lyrica, Premarin for a patient with Energy Increased, High Blood Pressure, Arithris Pain, Insomnia And Anxiety, Fast Pulse Rate, Arithris, Diabetes, Nerve Pain, Hrt. The patient has White Blood Cell Count
Comments: Went for basic blood work to monitor diabetes and kidney function. I was called today and told that my white cell count was elevated. I must return for blood work in 11 days. I was not told how elevated they were.
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Dorzolamide Hydrochloride; Timolol Maleate, Baclofen, Nexium, Premarin for a patient with Vitamin D Deficiency, Glaucoma, Low Back Pain, Gerd, Postmenopause. The patient has Legs Very Weak
Comments: I feel very weak. My legs feel like they are going to give out. Couple days ago I felt so weak.. I felt like if I went to sleep I would not wake up. I was on Vicodin for 8 years and stopped taking it one month ago. I felt great until now.
More related studies for: Premarin, Bladder prolapse
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.