Home > Premarin > Epilepsy > Premarin and Epilepsy
Review: could Premarin cause Epilepsy?
We study 69,853 people who have side effects while taking Premarin from FDA and social media. Among them, 30 have Epilepsy. Find out below who they are, when they have Epilepsy and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Premarin and have Epilepsy >>>
Premarin (latest outcomes from 70,306 users) has active ingredients of estrogens, conjugated. It is often used in hormone replacement therapy.
Epilepsy (common and diverse set of chronic neurological disorders characterized by seizures) (latest reports from 72,791 patients) has been reported by people with depression, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, convulsion, pain.
On Aug, 28, 2014: 69,848 people reported to have side effects when taking Premarin. Among them, 40 people (0.06%) have Epilepsy. They amount to 0.06% of all the 70,863 people who have Epilepsy on eHealthMe.
Time on Premarin when people have Epilepsy * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Epilepsy when taking Premarin * :
Severity of Epilepsy when taking Premarin ** :
How people recovered from Epilepsy ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Epilepsy (10 people, 25.00%)
- Depression (7 people, 17.50%)
- Arthritis (4 people, 10.00%)
- Vulvovaginal dryness (4 people, 10.00%)
- Menopausal symptoms (3 people, 7.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lamictal (13 people, 32.50%)
- Topamax (11 people, 27.50%)
- Lexapro (7 people, 17.50%)
- Provera (7 people, 17.50%)
- Vimpat (5 people, 12.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Epilepsy while taking Premarin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Premarin and have Epilepsy
- group for people who take Premarin
- group for people who have Epilepsy
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
I have exhausted all drug options for overactive bladder due to "resistance." Including Botox injections that had moderate results but only lasted almost two months. Also, every injection was painfully felt although I was prepped with a pain minimizing treatment. I am searching for help if any of my medication are causing the resistance.
From this study (2 months ago):
Just discovered have gall stones, elevated liver function, kidney bloating and wondered if there is a correlation between all these dysfunctions contributing to continuous sinus congestion/pain.
From this study (2 months ago):
I was discovered to have a meningioma and was told it was caused by a combination of celebrex and premarin
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Premarin, Epilepsy
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Endometriosis, premarin and mitral valve prolapes
They took my uterus, ovaries, cervix,even appendix. Put me in premarin before ANY reports how it causes breast cancer,yes or no! Every report was different depending which doctor wrote the report.never any conclusive information and what always seemed a bunch of guessing! Never mentioned how (mare) ...
- Who cares about the patient?
I can't believe I'm still alive but quality of life is greatly diminished and no one cares. Not one doctor cares about how this one dr. prescribed all these drugs over a period of 5 years and I lost everything. I flat-lined sept 18, 2005 and was told by dr there in er that I would live 1-5 years an ...
- Depakote er affected by grapefruit
I have taken Depakote ER for since 2005 for epilepsy. Once stabilized many years ago seizures and auras have not been bothering me. Until I recently ate three grapefruits over three days. After a few days, when the grapefruit cleared my system, the seizures and auras ceased. Therefore, grapefrui ...
More reviews for: Premarin, Epilepsy
On eHealthMe, Premarin (estrogens, conjugated) is often used for hormone replacement therapy. Find out below the conditions Premarin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Premarin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Epilepsy is also known as: Seizure disorder.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Aspirin And Dipyridamole, Aspirin, Alprazolam, Gabapentin, Guanfacine Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Abilify, Baclofen, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a 64-year old man who has Headache, Blood Thinner, Anxiety Disorder, Peripheral Neuropathy, Chloresterol, Depression, Thyroid Disorder (47 minutes ago)
- Benadryl for a 26-year old woman who has Allergies (56 minutes ago)
- Curcumin, Borage Oil, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Folic Acid, Amlodipine Besylate, Humira, Methotrexate, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a 60-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypertension (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Neurontin and Herba Ginkgo Biloba
- Metoprolol Tartrate and Tapazole
- Cromolyn Sodium and Angioedema
- Platelet Count Decreased and Avodart
Recent user comments
- "Esophagitis gastritis for years, scope every five yea ... " (2 hours ago)
- "hypertension difficult to control; toprol augmented w ... " (3 hours ago)
- "i have night chest tightness,,, cough,, seeded medica ... " (4 hours ago)
- High Blood Pressure
- Puncture Weed
- Pemphigus Vulgaris