Home > Premarin > Epilepsy > Premarin and Epilepsy
Review: could Premarin cause Epilepsy?
Summary: Epilepsy is found among people who take Premarin, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lamictal, and have Epilepsy.
We study 69,858 people who have side effects while taking Premarin from FDA and social media. Among them, 40 have Epilepsy. Find out below who they are, when they have Epilepsy and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Premarin and have Epilepsy >>>
Premarin (latest outcomes from 70,314 users) has active ingredients of estrogens, conjugated. It is often used in hormone replacement therapy.
Epilepsy (common and diverse set of chronic neurological disorders characterized by seizures) (latest reports from 69,335 patients) has been reported by people with depression, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, convulsion, pain.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 69,853 people reported to have side effects when taking Premarin. Among them, 40 people (0.06%) have Epilepsy.
Time on Premarin when people have Epilepsy * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Epilepsy when taking Premarin * :
Severity of Epilepsy when taking Premarin ** :
How people recovered from Epilepsy ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Epilepsy (10 people, 25.00%)
- Depression (7 people, 17.50%)
- Arthritis (4 people, 10.00%)
- Vulvovaginal dryness (4 people, 10.00%)
- Menopausal symptoms (3 people, 7.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lamictal (13 people, 32.50%)
- Topamax (11 people, 27.50%)
- Lexapro (7 people, 17.50%)
- Provera (7 people, 17.50%)
- Vimpat (5 people, 12.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Epilepsy while taking Premarin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Premarin and have Epilepsy
- support group for people who take Premarin
- support group for people who have Epilepsy
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What is the sugar content of hydroxyzine syrup? how will it interact with the ketogenic diet for seizure disorder?
(Asked by a 18 year old boy who has Seizure Disorder)
Son is starting the ketogenic diet again after having been successful and seizure free for 13 years. Seizures are creeping back in so we are staring the diet again. Hydroxyzine is the only med that might have an interaction because it is a liquid syrup. I can't find anything that tells me the sug ...
- Can lamictal cause false positive pcp drug screen
(Asked by a 42 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Lamictal Xr)
I had a rapid urine drug screen for new employment and it shows positive for PCP. I have never taken or even seen PCP. I am so embarrassed and mortified. Needless to say my urine has been sent to a lab to see if it can rule out false positive results. I called my neurologist and my Pharmacist an ...
- Does nexplanon have nickel in it?
(Asked by a 20 year old woman who has Nickel Allergy , Epilepsy, and takes Zantac, Lidocaine Hydrochloride, Gabapentin)
I have a severe nickel allergy and I have epilepsy. I am considering explain to reduce periodes since my seizures are worse that time of the month. I need to know if nexplanon has nickel because I need to avoid it if it does.
- Hcg diet is good for me
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes HCG)
I'M PRESENTLY ON DEPRESSION MEDICINE AND LAMYCTAL FOR SEIZURES.
CAN I GO ON THE HCG INJECTION DIET?
- Has anything helped with muscle weakness/pain caused by carbamazepine? or any remedies?
(Asked by a 19 year old girl who has Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Seizure Disorder, and takes Carbamazepine)
I have partial seizures that affects my right side. It's caused by having a brain tumor on the left side when I was younger that was removed. I'm taking 600mg of Carbamazepine a day.
I have muscle weakness and pain on my right arm and leg a lot. There are times when I can't even pick up a water ...
More questions for: Premarin, Epilepsy
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Levaquin side effects
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Epilepsy, COPD With Exacerbation, and takes Levaquin)
Prescribed for COPD flare-up, along with a 10 day course of prednisone. On day 5, I experienced extreme irritability. I was imagining what it would be like to shoot my husband. He had kicked me in his sleep and I was very seriously thinking of shooting that foot. I got up and secured the gun. Howeve ...
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Vicodin, Vitamin D, Depakote, Keppra)
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- Endometriosis, premarin and mitral valve prolapes
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Mitral Valve Prolapse. Secondary, Endometriosis. Primary , and takes Premarin)
They took my uterus, ovaries, cervix,even appendix. Put me in premarin before ANY reports how it causes breast cancer,yes or no! Every report was different depending which doctor wrote the report.never any conclusive information and what always seemed a bunch of guessing! Never mentioned how (mare) ...
- Who cares about the patient?
(Posted by a 66 year old man who has Tonsilitis, Bhronchitis, Namonia, Phlebitis, Dvt, Factor 2 Clotting Disorder , and takes Celebrex, Nexium, Wellbutrin Sr, Oxycontin, Premarin, Alprazolam)
I can't believe I'm still alive but quality of life is greatly diminished and no one cares. Not one doctor cares about how this one dr. prescribed all these drugs over a period of 5 years and I lost everything. I flat-lined sept 18, 2005 and was told by dr there in er that I would live 1-5 years an ...
- Depakote er affected by grapefruit
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Depakote ER)
I have taken Depakote ER for since 2005 for epilepsy. Once stabilized many years ago seizures and auras have not been bothering me. Until I recently ate three grapefruits over three days. After a few days, when the grapefruit cleared my system, the seizures and auras ceased. Therefore, grapefrui ...
More reviews for: Premarin, Epilepsy
- A study of drug interactions between Vagifem, Myrbetriq, Diflunisal, Premarin, Adderall 20, Levothyroxine Sodium, Methotrexate, Remicade for a patient with Overactive Bladder, Arthritis - Psoriatic, Hormone Level Abnormal, Ptsd, Hypothyroidism, Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has Overactive Bladder
Comments: I have exhausted all drug options for overactive bladder due to "resistance." Including Botox injections that had moderate results but only lasted almost two months. Also, every injection was painfully felt although I was prepped with a pain minimizing treatment. I am searching for help if any of m ...
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Flonase, Progesterone, Premarin, Atelvia for a patient with Osteoporosis, Allergies, Menopausal Symptoms, Osteoporosis Post-menopausal. The patient has Muscle Spasms
Comments: trying to determine if muscle spasms related to atelvia. had parathyroidectomy in November 2013 to correct hypercalcemia and hyperparathyroidism. levels after surgery returned to normal then atelvia started.
- A study of drug interactions between Chantix, Premarin, Singulair, Xarelto, Lisinopril, Toprol-xl for a patient with Quit Smoking, Hysterectomy, Asthma, Prevent Clots & Another Stroke, Hypertension, Heart Rate Increased. The patient has Dizziness, Blood Pressure, Chest Pain, Nausea, Headache
Comments: I have paroxysmal atrial fibrillation, history of clots in lung & legs, blockage in legs (had fempop 2 yrs ago), asthma & w/o warning while sitting down all of a sudden I got a severe headache, then about 30 min late got severe nausea (but didn't vomit)chest pain & mild dizziness followed so I took ...
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Ginseng, Vitamin B12, Simvastatin, Tramadol, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride, Atenolol, Diclofenac Sodium, Glipizide, Lyrica, Premarin for a patient with Energy Increased, High Blood Pressure, Arithris Pain, Insomnia And Anxiety, Fast Pulse Rate, Arithris, Diabetes, Nerve Pain, Hrt. The patient has White Blood Cell Count
Comments: Went for basic blood work to monitor diabetes and kidney function. I was called today and told that my white cell count was elevated. I must return for blood work in 11 days. I was not told how elevated they were.
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Dorzolamide Hydrochloride; Timolol Maleate, Baclofen, Nexium, Premarin for a patient with Vitamin D Deficiency, Glaucoma, Low Back Pain, Gerd, Postmenopause. The patient has Legs Very Weak
Comments: I feel very weak. My legs feel like they are going to give out. Couple days ago I felt so weak.. I felt like if I went to sleep I would not wake up. I was on Vicodin for 8 years and stopped taking it one month ago. I felt great until now.
More related studies for: Premarin, Epilepsy
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.