Review: could Premarin cause Mood swings?
Summary: Mood swings is found among people who take Premarin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, also take medication Provera, and have Hormone replacement therapy.
We study 69,877 people who have side effects while taking Premarin from FDA and social media. Among them, 227 have Mood swings. Find out below who they are, when they have Mood swings and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Premarin and have Mood swings >>>
Premarin has active ingredients of estrogens, conjugated. It is often used in hormone replacement therapy. (latest outcomes from 70,332 Premarin users)
Mood swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood) has been reported by people with quit smoking, depression, birth control, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 24,776 Mood swings patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 69,875 people reported to have side effects when taking Premarin. Among them, 227 people (0.32%) have Mood Swings.
Time on Premarin when people have Mood swings * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Mood swings||18.03%||3.28%||6.56%||1.64%||24.59%||4.92%||40.98% |
Age of people who have Mood swings when taking Premarin * :
|Mood swings||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.25%||3.60%||31.08%||32.88%||30.18% |
Severity of Mood swings when taking Premarin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Mood swings||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
How people recovered from Mood swings ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hormone replacement therapy (29 people, 12.78%)
- Depression (23 people, 10.13%)
- Osteoporosis (20 people, 8.81%)
- Pain (17 people, 7.49%)
- Hypertension (15 people, 6.61%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Provera (32 people, 14.10%)
- Prempro (27 people, 11.89%)
- Klonopin (23 people, 10.13%)
- Aspirin (22 people, 9.69%)
- Ambien (20 people, 8.81%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of premarin and mood swings on
Do you have Mood Swings while taking Premarin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Premarin and have Mood Swings
- support group for people who take Premarin
- support group for people who have Mood Swings
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Spironolactone, Maxalt-mlt, Topamax for a 34-year old woman with Acne Pustular, Migraine Without Aura. The patient has Depression, Mood Swings
- A study of drug interactions between Proair Hfa, Adderall Xr 30, Effexor Xr, Seroquel Xr for a 23-year old woman with Asthma, Adhd, Bipolar, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Mood Swings
- A study of drug interactions between Premarin, Lisinopril, Klonopin for a 54-year old woman with Hot Flashes, High Blood Pressure, Anxiety Disorder.
- A study of side effects of Lansoprazole for a 34-year old woman with Eosinophilic Oesophagitis. The patient has Depression, Mood Swings
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Premarin for a 3-year old girl with Sleeplessness, Adhesion. The patient has Head Discomfort
Recent Premarin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.