Prempro and Breast cancer - from FDA reports
Breast cancer is found among people who take Prempro, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Premarin, and have Oestrogen replacement therapy. This review analyzes which people have Breast cancer with Prempro. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 39,662 people who have side effects when taking Prempro from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 27, 2017
39,662 people reported to have side effects when taking Prempro.
Among them, 14,678 people (37.01%) have Breast cancer
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Prempro when people have Breast cancer *:
- < 1 month: 0.56 %
- 1 - 6 months: 2.56 %
- 6 - 12 months: 3.05 %
- 1 - 2 years: 11.22 %
- 2 - 5 years: 37.88 %
- 5 - 10 years: 33.37 %
- 10+ years: 11.35 %
Gender of people who have Breast cancer when taking Prempro *:
- female: 99.92 %
- male: 0.08 %
Age of people who have Breast cancer when taking Prempro *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.01 %
- 30-39: 0.13 %
- 40-49: 5.71 %
- 50-59: 50.9 %
- 60+: 43.24 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Oestrogen Replacement Therapy (565 people, 3.85%)
- High Blood Pressure (181 people, 1.23%)
- Hot Flush (115 people, 0.78%)
- Osteoporosis (102 people, 0.69%)
- Depression (102 people, 0.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Premarin (9,223 people, 62.84%)
- Provera (8,232 people, 56.08%)
- Cycrin (1,828 people, 12.45%)
- Medroxyprogesterone Acetate (1,656 people, 11.28%)
- Estrace (1,070 people, 7.29%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Oestrogen Receptor Assay Positive (187 people, 1.27%)
- Progesterone Receptor Assay Positive (151 people, 1.03%)
- Depression (139 people, 0.95%)
- Mastectomy (138 people, 0.94%)
- Stress And Anxiety (135 people, 0.92%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Breast cancer when taking Prempro?
- Check symptoms - is breast cancer caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsBreast cancer and drugs with ingredients of estrogens, conjugated; medroxyprogesterone acetate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeBreast cancer and Prempro from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Prempro has active ingredients of estrogens, conjugated; medroxyprogesterone acetate. It is often used in menopause. (latest outcomes from Prempro 39,961 users)
Breast cancer has been reported by people with hormone replacement therapy, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, breast cancer (latest reports from 113,002 Breast cancer patients).
Browse all side effects of Premproa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Breast cancerBreast cancer
Could your condition cause Breast cancerBreast cancer
What would happen?
Questions to the study
The list of conditions and medications is not complete. I feel my immune system is very compromised and want some ideas on how to increase my immunity. I exercise on a regular basis, walk nearly every day, am trying to eat better, take vitamins etc, don't smoke or drink, go to doc and take their ...
User reviews to the study
Have been on prempro for a couple of months and having more pain in my right breast and slight tenderness in my left! Anyone else having issues like this? I had a mammogram not long ago and it was negative!
I have recently been diagnosed with breast cancer. For over 10 years I have taken a 25mg Zoloft daily for panic attacks and anxiety and for approximately 3 years I have taken .125mg alprazolam occasionally for anxiety.
Been taking Arimidex for 2 years with no problems, however for the last three months mouth ulcers are persistent. I've stopped taking it for a week and the ulcers disappeared. Once I resume my daily dosage the ulcers return. What can I do?
My sister's Oncologist prescribed Phentermine for her when she was on chemo for breast cancer 13 years ago. He has continued to prescribe it for her all these years. In January, this year, she was diagnosed with breast cancer again. This time it is a different, more aggressive type of bc. ...