Review: could Prempro cause Dry mouth?
Summary: Dry mouth is found among people who take Prempro, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Fosamax, and have Depression.
We study 37,486 people who have side effects while taking Prempro from FDA and social media. Among them, 121 have Dry mouth. Find out below who they are, when they have Dry mouth and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Prempro and have Dry mouth >>>
Prempro has active ingredients of estrogens, conjugated; medroxyprogesterone acetate. It is often used in menopause. (latest outcomes from Prempro 37,630 users)
Dry mouth has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Dry mouth 30,429 patients)
On Nov, 27, 2014: 37,485 people reported to have side effects when taking Prempro. Among them, 121 people (0.32%) have Dry Mouth.
Time on Prempro when people have Dry mouth * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Dry mouth||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||35.71%||35.71%||14.29%||14.29% |
Age of people who have Dry mouth when taking Prempro * :
|Dry mouth||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||11.93%||50.46%||37.61% |
Severity of Dry mouth when taking Prempro ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Dry mouth||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Dry mouth ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (15 people, 12.40%)
- Osteopenia (15 people, 12.40%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (12 people, 9.92%)
- Osteoporosis (11 people, 9.09%)
- Asthma (11 people, 9.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fosamax (29 people, 23.97%)
- Paxil (20 people, 16.53%)
- Detrol (20 people, 16.53%)
- Fosamax plus d (15 people, 12.40%)
- Singulair (14 people, 11.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dry Mouth while taking Prempro?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prempro and have Dry Mouth
- support group for people who take Prempro
- support group for people who have Dry Mouth
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Prempro and post menapausel bleeding
I am 46 years old. was taking birth control pills for 10 years. August of 2013 I stopped getting my periods. In January I saw my Gyn. He advised to wait another month and get blood work done. Results showed I was postmenapousal.
Dr. put me on the lowest dose of Prempro. In 2 weeks I started heavy bleeding for about 18 days. Then in 3 weeks started bleeding again, Stopped in 15 days and then started again in 10 days. Then did not bleed for 5 weeks and then again. Spoke to the dr. increased the dose to the highest level and did a biopsy. Results the linning was too thin. I am on this higher dose for two months. Started bleeding in 2 weeks and lasted for 5 days. Not heavy at all. I could live with it. Then in 30 days started bleeding again. I am now bleeding for 14 days and don't know whats next. Any suggests on what I should except or what I should do next. PLEASE HELP.
- Can penicillin cause dry mouth
I have been feeling run down then came down with bad
Tonsillitis since taki g penicillin my mum is really dry why?
- Can i take garcinia cambogia with 80mg of flouoxitine and prempro?
Would like to know if I can take Garcinia Cambogia with the meds and vitamin I am currently taking. I'd like to lose weight with Garcinia Cambogia. Thank You
- Does enalapril cause dry mouth
I am generally healthy and active for an octogenarian, but the dry mouth and swollen ankles do bother me.
- Are there any reports of extreme dry mouth?
Since having an aortic valve replacement via TAVR (newer technique)I have had various medications added to my schedule. For the last several months I seem to have a very dry mouth problem. I have given you a few that I am taking at the present time that I thought might have some effect on my dryness condition now.
More questions for: Prempro, Dry mouth
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- I'm curing my lichen sclerosis
I took Prempro for about 5 years and then Activella for about 3 years for Menopausal symptoms. My first obvious symptoms of a problem began in 2005 which follow all the classic symptoms of Lichen. I spent thousands on Urology exams, tests, and surgical procedures. And thousands on Gynecological attempts at remedies. Finally with no answers and no relief against the doctors advise I went off my H.R.T.s and Vagifem and then a year later all antiobiotics, creams etc. and though mending has been catastrophically slow (4 years)I am in what I'd call the last stage of mending as this condition is not just skin deep (urogenital). I have just the faintest redness left (where it first began!)and of course scarring/fusing of labia's etc. But I would say 90% of symptoms are gone. Just know it took 4 Years to heal without pain medications and all the crazy meds that just covered the 'adverse chemical reaction'. I filed a report with the FDA in 2009 and of course heard nothing back.
More reviews for: Prempro, Dry mouth
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- These are some of the problems I am experiencing. It seems like my dosage is too high, however if I do not take more than 60mg at a time then the Vyvanse has no affect on me whatsoever. I am most concerned about waking up to catch my breath every 30 seconds at night. I was prescribed Adderrall throu ...
- The lesions on face are like zits but not acne. They swell and pulsate and ooze throughout the day and have hard white or yellow waxy pits in them when popped. They respond to calamine lotion somewhat but have not gone away in 6 months, always occurring in the same place. From ear to ear under the j ...
- I can't seem to overcome the dry mouth. I have tried rinses,and certain toothpaste and rinses,sugarless candies.Only thing that is helpful at all is sugarless gum. It is from the morning I wake up to going to bed,just so hard to get saliva and swallow
- I also have been having greasy stools. I never took any of the above listed medications together. I was allergic to both lamictal and risperidone. The stomach pain is localized to the upper left quadrant of my stomach, and hurts when I push where my pancreas is. The pain is made worse after eating o ...
- Been incapacitated since xmas 2010, unable to work, life has been destroyed. Crawled away from abusive relationship, lost everything. Social Security is fighting me, it's disgusting. Doctors are wretched and worthless.
More related studies for: Prempro, Dry mouth
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.