Review: could Prempro cause Dry mouth?
Summary: Dry mouth is found among people who take Prempro, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Fosamax, and have Depression.
We study 37,492 people who have side effects while taking Prempro from FDA and social media. Among them, 121 have Dry mouth. Find out below who they are, when they have Dry mouth and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Prempro and have Dry mouth >>>
Prempro has active ingredients of estrogens, conjugated; medroxyprogesterone acetate. It is often used in menopause. (latest outcomes from 37,636 Prempro users)
Dry mouth has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 30,856 Dry mouth patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 37,489 people reported to have side effects when taking Prempro. Among them, 121 people (0.32%) have Dry Mouth.
Time on Prempro when people have Dry mouth * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Dry mouth||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||35.71%||35.71%||14.29%||14.29% |
Age of people who have Dry mouth when taking Prempro * :
|Dry mouth||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||11.93%||50.46%||37.61% |
Severity of Dry mouth when taking Prempro ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Dry mouth||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Dry mouth ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (15 people, 12.40%)
- Osteopenia (15 people, 12.40%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (12 people, 9.92%)
- Osteoporosis (11 people, 9.09%)
- Asthma (11 people, 9.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fosamax (29 people, 23.97%)
- Paxil (20 people, 16.53%)
- Detrol (20 people, 16.53%)
- Fosamax plus d (15 people, 12.40%)
- Singulair (14 people, 11.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of prempro and dry mouth on
Do you have Dry Mouth while taking Prempro?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Prempro and have Dry Mouth
- support group for people who take Prempro
- support group for people who have Dry Mouth
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Miralax, Zyrtec Allergy, Aspirin, Prempro, Lunesta, Zoloft, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 54-year old woman with Asthma, Constipation, Allergy, Heart Attack, Menopause Hot Flashes, Insomnia, Depression, Hypertension. The patient has Lightheadedness - Fainting
- A study of side effects of Lithium Carbonate for a 67-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development), Dry Mouth, Weight Gain, Sleepiness - During The Day (excess sleeping during day time)
- A study of side effects of Topiramate for a 43-year old woman with Migraine With Aura. The patient has Dizziness, Burning Sensation, Feeling Cold, Dry Mouth, Hyperthermia (body temperature greatly above normal), Hair Texture Abnormal, Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Prempro, Synthroid for a 60-year old woman with Menopause, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Depression, Fatigue
- A study of drug interactions between Prempro, Topamax for a 36-year old woman with Hormone Level Abnormal, Migraine. The patient has Weight Loss
Recent Prempro related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Prempro, Vyvanse for a 32-year old woman who has Menopause
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 20, Remeron, Prempro for a 46-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Prempro, Angeliq, Activella, Duavee for a 52-year old woman who has Menopause
- Comparions of Prempro, for a 50-year old woman who has Menopause Transition
- Comparions of Prempro (Wyeth Pharms Inc) - 0.625MG;2.5MG, Cardizem Cd (Biovail) - 240MG, Lopressor (Novartis) - 50MG, Cozaar (Merck) - 100MG for a 89-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.