Prempro and Dry mouth - from FDA reports
Dry mouth is found among people who take Prempro, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Fosamax, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Dry mouth with Prempro. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 39,662 people who have side effects when taking Prempro from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 31, 2017
39,662 people reported to have side effects when taking Prempro.
Among them, 134 people (0.34%) have Dry mouth
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Prempro when people have Dry mouth *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 5.26 %
- 1 - 2 years: 21.05 %
- 2 - 5 years: 42.11 %
- 5 - 10 years: 21.05 %
- 10+ years: 10.53 %
Gender of people who have Dry mouth when taking Prempro *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Dry mouth when taking Prempro *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.88 %
- 40-49: 11.4 %
- 50-59: 49.12 %
- 60+: 38.6 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Osteopenia (16 people, 11.94%)
- Depression (16 people, 11.94%)
- Osteoporosis (13 people, 9.70%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (13 people, 9.70%)
- Asthma (13 people, 9.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Fosamax (32 people, 23.88%)
- Paxil (21 people, 15.67%)
- Detrol (20 people, 14.93%)
- Singulair (14 people, 10.45%)
- Xanax (13 people, 9.70%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Constipation (23 people, 17.16%)
- Fatigue (21 people, 15.67%)
- Vision Blurred (19 people, 14.18%)
- Swallowing Difficulty (19 people, 14.18%)
- Back Pain (17 people, 12.69%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Dry mouth when taking Prempro?
- Check symptoms - is dry mouth caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDry mouth and drugs with ingredients of estrogens, conjugated; medroxyprogesterone acetate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDry mouth and Prempro from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Prempro has active ingredients of estrogens, conjugated; medroxyprogesterone acetate. It is often used in menopause. (latest outcomes from Prempro 39,961 users)
Dry mouth has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 52,194 Dry mouth patients).
Browse all side effects of Premproa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Dry mouthDry mouth
Could your condition cause Dry mouthDry mouth
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Just been diagnosed with osteoporosis, found out I already have had an undiagnosed back fracture...which I didn't know about...taking Actonel, have dry mouth, lower back pain, wondering if anyone else with an ileostomy (37 yrs) is having any problems with Actonel.
User reviews to the study
Have been on prempro for a couple of months and having more pain in my right breast and slight tenderness in my left! Anyone else having issues like this? I had a mammogram not long ago and it was negative!