Home > Prempro > Fluid retention > Prempro and Fluid retention
Review: could Prempro cause Fluid retention?
Summary: Fluid retention is found among people who take Prempro, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Premarin, and have Hormone replacement therapy.
We study 37,485 people who have side effects while taking Prempro from FDA and social media. Among them, 79 have Fluid retention. Find out below who they are, when they have Fluid retention and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Prempro and have Fluid retention >>>
Prempro (latest outcomes from 37,630 users) has active ingredients of estrogens, conjugated; medroxyprogesterone acetate. It is often used in menopause.
Fluid retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood) (latest reports from 90,907 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, primary pulmonary hypertension, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 37,484 people reported to have side effects when taking Prempro. Among them, 79 people (0.21%) have Fluid Retention.
Time on Prempro when people have Fluid retention * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Fluid retention||0.00%||5.26%||10.53%||0.00%||5.26%||42.11%||36.84% |
Age of people who have Fluid retention when taking Prempro * :
|Fluid retention||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.54%||10.77%||46.15%||41.54% |
Severity of Fluid retention when taking Prempro ** :
How people recovered from Fluid retention ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hormone replacement therapy (14 people, 17.72%)
- Hot flush (7 people, 8.86%)
- Urinary incontinence (5 people, 6.33%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (5 people, 6.33%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (5 people, 6.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Premarin (16 people, 20.25%)
- Vioxx (12 people, 15.19%)
- Provera (7 people, 8.86%)
- Folic acid (6 people, 7.59%)
- Motrin (5 people, 6.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Fluid Retention while taking Prempro?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prempro and have Fluid Retention
- support group for people who take Prempro
- support group for people who have Fluid Retention
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i take garcinia cambogia with 80mg of flouoxitine and prempro?
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Using Flouoxitine For Depression And Prempro For Menopause. Not Taking Garcinia Cambogia Yet., and takes Prozac, Prempro, Glucosamine, Vitamin E, Biotin, Allegra Allergy)
Would like to know if I can take Garcinia Cambogia with the meds and vitamin I am currently taking. I'd like to lose weight with Garcinia Cambogia. Thank You
- I stopped taking lyrica 3days ago after experiencing ankle swelling. ankles are still swollen. how long before swelling goes always
(Asked by a 65 year old man who has Fluid Retention, and takes Ace)
Took Lyrica for 1 week. Noticed swelling in ankles so discontinued 3days ago. I take LASIK and an ACE for high blood pressure. Swelling is better but still there. How long before swelling goes away and is there anything I can do to help ie compression hose elevated feet?
- Can prempro cause osteoporosis?
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Osteoporosis, and takes Prempro)
I took prempro for 5 years. I now have osteoporosis. Are there any side effects of the drug to cause osteoporosis?
- Is glaucoma or other vision issues a risk of mirtazapine?
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Depression/anxiety, Osteopenia, and takes Mirtazapine, Nexium, Prempro, Calcium, Magnesium Oxide, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Ubiquinol, Aspirin; Oxycodone Hydrochloride)
I have had a large cup to disc ratio for about 10 years which my ophthalmologist has been watching every 6-12 months. I had a suspected TIA 1 1/2 yrs ago. I've been on Nexium for more than 10 years.
- Will sulindac cause me to gain weight?
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Arthritis, Anxiety Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Inflammation, and takes Prempro, Claritin, Clozapine, Oxytocin, Flexeril)
I am 45 overweight still. I have lost 50 pounds prior to starting sulindac and now I'm just losing one pound a month. Exercise (zumba, elipitical , walk, light weights, and swim) which I do 2 of those workouts daily and eat fairly good. Is any of these medications interfering with my weight loss?
More questions for: Prempro, Fluid retention
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Pantopraz sod 40mg,retaining alot of fluids
(Posted by a 46 year old man who has Water Retention, and takes Pantoprazole)
I am retaining a lot of fluids from my hips and down to my feet and believe its from taking pantoprazole,and I mean everything,its scary,has anyone been down this road?
- I'm curing my lichen sclerosis
(Posted by a 67 year old woman who has Lichen Sclerosus, Hypothyroidism, and takes Prempro, Activella, Clobetasol Propionate, Cipro, Vagifem)
I took Prempro for about 5 years and then Activella for about 3 years for Menopausal symptoms. My first obvious symptoms of a problem began in 2005 which follow all the classic symptoms of Lichen. I spent thousands on Urology exams, tests, and surgical procedures. And thousands on Gynecological atte ...
More reviews for: Prempro, Fluid retention
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Proventil, Acthar, Methotrexate, Lisinopril, Clonazepam, Risperdal, Adderall for a patient with Bronchial Asthma, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypertension, Anxiety, Bipolar, Add. The patient has Throat Tightness, Liver Tenderness, Vaginal Swelling, Constipation, Abdominal Tenderness, Neck, Shoulder And Arm Syndrome, Urge Incontinence, Weakness, Night Sweats, Shortness Of Breath, Yellow Fever, Yellow Skin, Chest Tightness, Cough, Inflammation, Bronchitis, Fluid Retention
Comments: I just begsn tx for rs using safest meds possible but did not yolerste pills so we are doing injections once a week but since we started I developed abdom ook nal edema plus whole body especially feet which subsided ptior to msjor orgsn testing hestt kidney bloodwotk a nd liver ultra sound. Results ...
- A study of drug interactions between Namenda, Plavix, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Amlodipine Besylate, Allegra, Lasix, Lexapro, Coreg, Aricept for a patient with Dementia Alzheimer's Type, Heart Disease Congenital, High Blood Pressure, Sinus Congestion, High Blood Sugar, Depression. The patient has Tiredness, Fluid Retention, Weight Gain, Impaired Memory, Self Injurious Behavior
Comments: My mother has had a lot of improvement compared to how she was in and out of the hospital about every 3 months for congestive heart failure. She looks well now, but has been having memory problems and strange behavior again since her Lasix was increased from 10mg twice a day to 20mg twice a day for ...
More related studies for: Prempro, Fluid retention
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Gastritis and Hypothyroidism
- Tramadol Hydrochloride and Uterine Fibroids
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (2 hours ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: You posted almost a year ago but I would suggest you ask y ... (13 hours ago)
- Can implanon cause breast cysts and could they be cancerous?
Answer: Very interesting that this pertinent question is not being ... (16 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (48 minutes ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Savella, Synthroid, Ethiodol, Percocet, Vistaril, Klonopin, Flexeril, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 44-year old woman who has Fibromyoma, Post Procedural Hypothyroidism, Post Hyterecetomy, Pain, Itching, Fibromyalgia (42 minutes ago)
- Compare Cellcept and Prograf and Rapamune for a 50-year old woman (46 minutes ago)
- Gymnema Sylvestre for a 72-year old man who has High Blood Sugar (1 hour ago)