Review: could Prempro cause Fluid retention?
Summary: Fluid retention is found among people who take Prempro, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Premarin, and have Hormone replacement therapy.
We study 37,492 people who have side effects while taking Prempro from FDA and social media. Among them, 79 have Fluid retention. Find out below who they are, when they have Fluid retention and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Prempro and have Fluid retention >>>
Prempro has active ingredients of estrogens, conjugated; medroxyprogesterone acetate. It is often used in menopause. (latest outcomes from 37,636 Prempro users)
Fluid retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood) has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, high blood pressure, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 18,437 Fluid retention patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 37,492 people reported to have side effects when taking Prempro. Among them, 79 people (0.21%) have Fluid Retention.
Time on Prempro when people have Fluid retention * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Fluid retention||0.00%||5.26%||10.53%||0.00%||5.26%||42.11%||36.84% |
Age of people who have Fluid retention when taking Prempro * :
|Fluid retention||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.54%||10.77%||46.15%||41.54% |
Severity of Fluid retention when taking Prempro ** :
How people recovered from Fluid retention ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hormone replacement therapy (14 people, 17.72%)
- Hot flush (7 people, 8.86%)
- Urinary incontinence (5 people, 6.33%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (5 people, 6.33%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (5 people, 6.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Premarin (16 people, 20.25%)
- Vioxx (12 people, 15.19%)
- Provera (7 people, 8.86%)
- Folic acid (6 people, 7.59%)
- Motrin (5 people, 6.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Prempro and fluid retention on
Do you have Fluid Retention while taking Prempro?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Prempro and have Fluid Retention
- support group for people who take Prempro
- support group for people who have Fluid Retention
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Mirtazapine for a 71-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Fluid Retention
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Warfarin Sodium, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Lamotrigine, Adderall Xr 15 for a 52-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Sleep Phase Rhythm Disturbance, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Swelling Of The Face, Water Retention
- A study of drug interactions between Prempro, Omeprazole Magnesium, Pravastatin Sodium, Benazepril Hydrochloride for a 52-year old woman with Anorgasmia, Gerd, High Blood Cholesterol, Hypertension. The patient has Anorgasmia
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Miralax, Zyrtec Allergy, Aspirin, Prempro, Lunesta, Zoloft, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 54-year old woman with Asthma, Constipation, Allergy, Heart Attack, Menopause Hot Flashes, Insomnia, Depression, Hypertension. The patient has Lightheadedness - Fainting
- A study of drug interactions between Alesse, Garcinia Cambogia for a 34-year old woman with Premenstrual Syndrome, Weight Loss. The patient has Fluid Retention, Weight Gain
Recent Prempro related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Prempro, Vyvanse for a 32-year old woman who has Menopause
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 20, Remeron, Prempro for a 46-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Prempro, Angeliq, Activella, Duavee for a 52-year old woman who has Menopause
- Comparions of Prempro, for a 50-year old woman who has Menopause Transition
- Comparions of Prempro (Wyeth Pharms Inc) - 0.625MG;2.5MG, Cardizem Cd (Biovail) - 240MG, Lopressor (Novartis) - 50MG, Cozaar (Merck) - 100MG for a 89-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.