Prempro and Fluid retention - from FDA reports
Fluid retention is found among people who take Prempro, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Premarin, and have Hot flush. This review analyzes which people have Fluid retention with Prempro. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 39,662 people who have side effects when taking Prempro from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
39,662 people reported to have side effects when taking Prempro.
Among them, 90 people (0.23%) have Fluid retention
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Prempro when people have Fluid retention *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 5 %
- 6 - 12 months: 10 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 5 %
- 5 - 10 years: 45 %
- 10+ years: 35 %
Gender of people who have Fluid retention when taking Prempro *:
- female: 98.88 %
- male: 1.12 %
Age of people who have Fluid retention when taking Prempro *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 1.37 %
- 40-49: 10.96 %
- 50-59: 43.84 %
- 60+: 43.84 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hot Flush (9 people, 10.00%)
- High Blood Pressure (6 people, 6.67%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (6 people, 6.67%)
- Urinary Incontinence (5 people, 5.56%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (5 people, 5.56%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Premarin (16 people, 17.78%)
- Vioxx (12 people, 13.33%)
- Synthroid (7 people, 7.78%)
- Provera (7 people, 7.78%)
- Folic Acid (7 people, 7.78%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weight Increased (31 people, 34.44%)
- Abdominal Distension (23 people, 25.56%)
- Fatigue (16 people, 17.78%)
- Weakness (15 people, 16.67%)
- Breast Pain (15 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Fluid retention when taking Prempro?
- Check symptoms - is fluid retention caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsFluid retention and drugs with ingredients of estrogens, conjugated; medroxyprogesterone acetate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeFluid retention and Prempro from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Prempro has active ingredients of estrogens, conjugated; medroxyprogesterone acetate. It is often used in menopause. (latest outcomes from Prempro 39,961 users)
Fluid retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood) has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary hypertension, high blood pressure, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 39,871 Fluid retention patients).
Browse all side effects of Premproa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Fluid retentionFluid retention
Could your condition cause Fluid retentionFluid retention
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
Have been on prempro for a couple of months and having more pain in my right breast and slight tenderness in my left! Anyone else having issues like this? I had a mammogram not long ago and it was negative!
Hi! I've been taking Diltiazem for 2 weeks now and noticed some swelling in my ankles and feet. Should I be concerned? It's Friday and to late to call my Dr. And want to make sure I'll be ok till Monday. Thanks!