Review: could Prempro cause Smoking cessation (Quit smoking)?
Summary: Smoking cessation is found among people who take Prempro, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, also take medication Provera, and have Quit smoking.
We study 37,486 people who have side effects while taking Prempro from FDA and social media. Among them, 14 have Smoking cessation. Find out below who they are, when they have Smoking cessation and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Prempro and have Smoking cessation >>>
Prempro has active ingredients of estrogens, conjugated; medroxyprogesterone acetate. It is often used in menopause. (latest outcomes from Prempro 37,630 users)
Smoking cessation (stopped smoking) has been reported by people with quit smoking, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, pain.(latest reports from Smoking cessation 53,229 patients)
On Dec, 6, 2014: 37,486 people reported to have side effects when taking Prempro. Among them, 14 people (0.04%) have Smoking Cessation.
Time on Prempro when people have Smoking cessation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Smoking cessation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have Smoking cessation when taking Prempro * :
|Smoking cessation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||83.33%||16.67% |
Severity of Smoking cessation when taking Prempro ** :
How people recovered from Smoking cessation ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (3 people, 21.43%)
- Hormone replacement therapy (2 people, 14.29%)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (1 people, 7.14%)
- Diarrhoea (1 people, 7.14%)
- Oedema (1 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Provera (10 people, 71.43%)
- Amoxicillin (8 people, 57.14%)
- Pepcid (8 people, 57.14%)
- Lamictal (8 people, 57.14%)
- Clindamycin (8 people, 57.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Smoking Cessation while taking Prempro?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prempro and have Smoking Cessation
- support group for people who take Prempro
- support group for people who have Smoking Cessation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Prempro and post menapausel bleeding
(Asked by a 45 year old woman who has Weight Gain And Hair Loss, Bleeding With Prempro, and takes Prempro)
I am 46 years old. was taking birth control pills for 10 years. August of 2013 I stopped getting my periods. In January I saw my Gyn. He advised to wait another month and get blood work done. Results showed I was postmenapousal.
Dr. put me on the lowest dose of Prempro. In 2 weeks I started heavy b ...
- Can i take garcinia cambogia with 80mg of flouoxitine and prempro?
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Using Flouoxitine For Depression And Prempro For Menopause. Not Taking Garcinia Cambogia Yet., and takes Prozac, Prempro, Glucosamine, Vitamin E, Biotin, Allegra Allergy)
Would like to know if I can take Garcinia Cambogia with the meds and vitamin I am currently taking. I'd like to lose weight with Garcinia Cambogia. Thank You
- Quit smoking 33 days ago and my worst symptom is sweating. day and night. i am 60 years old and have been going through the change for a while with night sweats......but this is ridiculous !!!! (1 answer)
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Sweating - Excessive, Quit Smoking)
I quit smoking 33 days ago. I smoked about 7 to 10 cigarettes a day. My worst problem is I sweat so much. During the day and at night. I have been going through the change for some time now and have had night sweats BUT this is ridiculous !!!! My back, chest legs etc. sweat alot !!! Is this ...
- Can prempro cause osteoporosis?
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Osteoporosis, and takes Prempro)
I took prempro for 5 years. I now have osteoporosis. Are there any side effects of the drug to cause osteoporosis?
- Is glaucoma or other vision issues a risk of mirtazapine?
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Depression/anxiety, Osteopenia, and takes Mirtazapine, Nexium, Prempro, Calcium, Magnesium Oxide, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Ubiquinol, Aspirin; Oxycodone Hydrochloride)
I have had a large cup to disc ratio for about 10 years which my ophthalmologist has been watching every 6-12 months. I had a suspected TIA 1 1/2 yrs ago. I've been on Nexium for more than 10 years.
More questions for: Prempro, Smoking cessation
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- I'm curing my lichen sclerosis
(Posted by a 67 year old woman who has Lichen Sclerosus, Hypothyroidism, and takes Prempro, Activella, Clobetasol Propionate, Cipro, Vagifem)
I took Prempro for about 5 years and then Activella for about 3 years for Menopausal symptoms. My first obvious symptoms of a problem began in 2005 which follow all the classic symptoms of Lichen. I spent thousands on Urology exams, tests, and surgical procedures. And thousands on Gynecological atte ...
More reviews for: Prempro, Smoking cessation
- A study of side effects of Prempro for a patient with Menopause Hot Flashes. The patient has Spotting (bleed during pregnancy)
Comments: Missed a few pills, not in a row started spotting ,not alot, not heavy, kind of red but not bright, like water color light brownish to pale red. Happened one or two times in the past for having done the same thing but stopped. this has been 2 1/2 weeks and am about to start last week of pills. tha ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Hydrochlorothiazide, Vitamin D, Pioglitazone, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Baby Aspirin, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Fish Oil, Gabapentin, Acyclovir, Naproxen, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate for a patient with Blood Pressure Increased, Vitamin D Decreased, Diabetic Nephropathy, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol, Heart Disease - Aging, Chronic Depression, Thyroid Disorder, Nerve Injury, Herpes Simplex, Pain, Hypothyroidism, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome. The patient has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Plantar Fasciitis, Stop Smoking, Cysts - Kidneys, Vitamin B12 Abnormal, Obstructive Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Scoliosis, Cervical Spinal Stenosis, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Pain - Foot, Ulnar Nerve Injury, Rotator Cuff Tendinitis, Chronic Pain, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Gallstones, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Herpes Virus Infection, Diabetic Autonomic Neuropathy, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Hidradenitis Suppurativa, Graves Disease, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Pressure, Depression, Nerve Root Injury Lumbar, Nerve Root Injury Cervical
Comments: I have so many problems and take so many medicines I am trying to find out what works what doesn't what interacts which drugs are necessary - 2 years ago had bilateral total knee replacement -- trying to quit smoking, did quit for about a year then started up part time
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall Xr 20, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Crestor, Prempro for a patient with ADD, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol, Menopause. The patient has Depression Aggravated, Pain - Muscles, Pain - Joints
Comments: I started taking prempro on 2/20/14 during the week I noticed increased fatigue and muscle/joint pain. Yesterday 2/28/14. The pain was so bad. My hips and sharp shooting pain down the front of my thighs. I also feel down more than I had.
- A study of drug interactions between Winstrol, Prempro, Oxandrolone for a patient with Body Builder, Hrt.
Comments: I am a bodybuilder and have not done a cycle for many years but want to do a short 6 week cycle to improve condition, muscle and strength. I went thru menopause very early and have been on Prempro for 7 years and want to know if it is OK to do the Oxandrolone this short period? Also an I do Wintrol ...
- A study of drug interactions between Prempro, Prednisone for a patient with Hormone Replacement Therapy, Skin Rash. The patient has Post-menopausal Bleeding
Comments: I am 67 and finished menopause about 12 years ago. I just completed a 10 day regimen of prednisone to treat a skin rash which was from an allergic reaction I had to a cortisone injection. I have been on a low dosage of prempro for 10 years and I have been having a mild form of vaginal bleeding since ...
More related studies for: Prempro, Smoking cessation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.