Prempro and Smoking cessation - from FDA reports
Smoking cessation is found among people who take Prempro, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 10+ years, also take medication Provera, and have Hormone replacement therapy. This review analyzes which people have Smoking cessation with Prempro. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 39,662 people who have side effects when taking Prempro from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 24, 2017
39,662 people reported to have side effects when taking Prempro.
Among them, 16 people (0.04%) have Smoking cessation
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Prempro when people have Smoking cessation *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 100 %
Gender of people who have Smoking cessation when taking Prempro *:
- female: 87.5 %
- male: 12.5 %
Age of people who have Smoking cessation when taking Prempro *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 12.5 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 12.5 %
- 50-59: 62.5 %
- 60+: 12.5 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (3 people, 18.75%)
- Metastases To Bone (1 person, 6.25%)
- Menstruation Irregular (1 person, 6.25%)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (1 person, 6.25%)
- Bipolar Disorder (1 person, 6.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Provera (12 people, 75.00%)
- Zantac (9 people, 56.25%)
- Vicodin (9 people, 56.25%)
- Keppra (9 people, 56.25%)
- Atenolol (9 people, 56.25%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Depression (12 people, 75.00%)
- Insomnia (11 people, 68.75%)
- Spinal Osteoarthritis (10 people, 62.50%)
- Pain (10 people, 62.50%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (10 people, 62.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Smoking cessation when taking Prempro?
- Check symptoms - is smoking cessation caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsSmoking cessation and drugs with ingredients of estrogens, conjugated; medroxyprogesterone acetate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeSmoking cessation and Prempro from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Prempro has active ingredients of estrogens, conjugated; medroxyprogesterone acetate. It is often used in menopause. (latest outcomes from Prempro 39,961 users)
Smoking cessation (stopped smoking) has been reported by people with quit smoking, depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 70,056 Smoking cessation patients).
Browse all side effects of Premproa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Smoking cessationSmoking cessation
Could your condition cause Smoking cessationSmoking cessation
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
Have been on prempro for a couple of months and having more pain in my right breast and slight tenderness in my left! Anyone else having issues like this? I had a mammogram not long ago and it was negative!
I just came from emerge, I have tinnitus a humming noise. I quit smoking five days ago and this started. I am using nicotine lozenges. Please someone tell me this wont last or what I can do. :( I want to start smoking but the doc said it wont help.
Help!!! I started taking prempro a month ago. I have been on Lexapro for some time now. I don't know myself, I am having massive meltdowns and stressed beyond words. I feel like my heart rate is up where normally I am way low. Considering very seriously going off the prempro as soon as safe. Any ...
I'm a 64 yr old female who's had hot flashes/day & night sweats for at least 3 months. It's getting worse every week. I've been on low dose Prempro for several yrs except for being off 4 weeks in hopes of relieving the sudden hot flashes. However they didn't subside at all so my Dr said to get ...