Home > Prempro > Weight gain - unintentional > Prempro and Weight gain - unintentional
Review: could Prempro cause Weight gain - unintentional (Weight increased)?
We study 37,485 people who have side effects while taking Prempro from FDA and social media. Among them, 436 have Weight gain - unintentional. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain - unintentional and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Prempro and have Weight gain - unintentional >>>
Prempro (latest outcomes from 37,629 users) has active ingredients of estrogens, conjugated; medroxyprogesterone acetate. It is often used in menopause.
Weight gain - unintentional
Weight gain - unintentional (latest reports from 528,152 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 37,485 people reported to have side effects when taking Prempro. Among them, 436 people (1.16%) have Weight Gain - Unintentional.
Time on Prempro when people have Weight gain - unintentional * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain - unintentional||5.48%||5.48%||15.07%||13.70%||13.70%||20.55%||26.03% |
Age of people who have Weight gain - unintentional when taking Prempro * :
|Weight gain - unintentional||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.92%||16.16%||50.96%||30.96% |
Severity of Weight gain - unintentional when taking Prempro ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain - unintentional||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Weight gain - unintentional ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight gain - unintentional||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hormone replacement therapy (72 people, 16.51%)
- Menopausal symptoms (34 people, 7.80%)
- Depression (31 people, 7.11%)
- Osteoporosis (28 people, 6.42%)
- Hypothyroidism (23 people, 5.28%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Premarin (73 people, 16.74%)
- Fosamax (49 people, 11.24%)
- Lipitor (42 people, 9.63%)
- Provera (39 people, 8.94%)
- Synthroid (38 people, 8.72%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Weight Gain - Unintentional while taking Prempro?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prempro and have Weight Gain - Unintentional
- support group for people who take Prempro
- support group for people who have Weight Gain - Unintentional
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Bisoprolol ,ive gained 56 pounds
i had a triple by pass,and was prescribed bisoprolol.since taking it i have gained 4 stones in weight ,ive tried diets ,exercise nothing takes the weight off ,should i stop the tablets.
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
- I have recently been put on humulin 70/30 and januvia 100mg and am concerned about weight gain as i am on quite high doses ttake 80 units in the morning and 60 at night
I have recently Changed from novomix 70/30 flex pen to humulin 70/30 flex pen 80 units before breakfast and 60 units before supper, metformin 1000 mg morning and 1000 mg in the evening both to be taken after meals, and januvia 100 to be taken after breakfast. Unfortunately the novomix insulin cause ...
- Can i take garcinia cambogia with 80mg of flouoxitine and prempro?
Would like to know if I can take Garcinia Cambogia with the meds and vitamin I am currently taking. I'd like to lose weight with Garcinia Cambogia. Thank You
- After being on zoloft (sertraline) for 19 years, i now notice multiple side effects and i want to get off
I have been on Zoloft (sertraline) for 19 years for chronic depression. When I first started taking Zoloft, it made a huge positive impact on my life. It was a miracle drug for me. I believe it saved my life.
Ten or so years ago it suddenly stopped working. My doctor had me try several other S ...
- What is the best medication for pcos with low bp
I was diagnosed with pcos when I was 15. I was put on glucaphage and birth control to help maintain my periods. Within 3 years I stopped having a period all together. In february 2006, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor and that May it was removed (benign). For 6 years no period, then in August I fo ...
- Is there a link between zyprexa and prostate cancer
Can Zyprexa have caused my Prostate Cancer? Can it be reversed or slowed by stopping Zyprexa?
- I am a 67 yr old female with severe rls, sleep apnea, depression and adhd. my side effects are weight gain, feeling lethargic with poor balance. does anyone else have these symptoms?
I have always been on the edge as far as how ADHD and depression impacts my functioning. But Antidepressants and stimulant medication plus Requip kept me on a fairly even keel (over many years) until Requip began to be less effective. That is when the neurologist tried me on several medications en ...
- Has anyone suffered weight gain from taking 8 norco a day, and how bad are the withdrawl symptoms? i am having surgery on my feet in december and then i was to get off this very addictive drug.
I have been taking about 8 norco 10/325 for a little more than a year. My thyroid is now not working well and I have gained 15 lbs and keep gaining. Can this be caused by the norco. Also, even more important, I am having surgery on my feet in december and then I want to get off this horrible addicti ...
- Weight gain and suicidal thoughts from levetiracetam? know a lawyer to bring justice?
On Levetiracetam, I gained 130 lbs, experienced frantic thoughts of killing myself, depression, mania, anxiety, mood swings, and was even misdiagnosed as bipolar. Upon stopping the medication, I lost 130 lbs. in 8 months. I have incurred $20,000 so far in medical costs from the weight loss. I am ...
More questions for: Prempro, Weight gain - unintentional
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lyrica varied widely
I was prescribed Lyrica for treatment of chronic pain. It was ineffective, but it knocked out the symptoms of interstitial. However, it also caused rapid weight gain (I went from 110 to 130 lbs. in just a few weeks) and my ankles started to swell. The pain doctor advised me to discontinue the dru ...
- Crestor side effects
I'm a vegetarian all my life , very athletic, I work out a lot , I run. In the last year or two My cholesterol seems to go high, my primary Doctor knows that I go for the healthy stuff so he advice a couple of things. But unfortunately nothing woks so he put me on Crestor, it has been a really bad e ...
- Depo provera overdose
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
- Stopping pristiq for my memory
I have been on Pristiq for 3 years. My short term memory loss is a great concern to me. I am 45 and I have questioned my doctor and given my concerns to the point she referred me to a neurologist but said it was not the Pristiq. There is no other drugs I am taking or have taken to cause this proble ...
- I'm curing my lichen sclerosis
I took Prempro for about 5 years and then Activella for about 3 years for Menopausal symptoms. My first obvious symptoms of a problem began in 2005 which follow all the classic symptoms of Lichen. I spent thousands on Urology exams, tests, and surgical procedures. And thousands on Gynecological atte ...
- Epilepsy and depression drug side effects
42yo male having infrequent seizures since he was 19yo.
Was recently placed on Neurontin and Topamax after a single seizure. This combination of meds appeared to increase the frequency of seizures ( from 1 every few years unmedicated, to 1 every month ). Dosage being increased after each seizure. ...
More reviews for: Prempro, Weight gain - unintentional
On eHealthMe, Prempro (estrogens, conjugated; medroxyprogesterone acetate) is often used for menopause. Find out below the conditions Prempro is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Prempro used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Prempro, Metoprolol Tartrate, Proventil, Advair Diskus 250/50, Lyrica, Spiriva for a patient with Menopause, Hypertension, Copd, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Weight Gain, Body Aches, Indigestion, Chest Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium, Crestor, Levothyroxine Sodium, Requip, Prempro, Mobic for a patient with Acid Reflux, Cholesterol, Thyroid Atrophy, Restless Leg Syndrome, Hot Flush, Arthritis. The patient has Conflicting Dosage Times, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Nausea, Easily Fatigued
More related studies for: Prempro, Weight gain - unintentional
Recent Prempro related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Prempro, Angeliq, Activella, Duavee for a 52-year old woman who has Menopause
- Comparions of Prempro, for a 50-year old woman who has Menopause Transition
- Comparions of Prempro (Wyeth Pharms Inc) - 0.625MG;2.5MG, Cardizem Cd (Biovail) - 240MG, Lopressor (Novartis) - 50MG, Cozaar (Merck) - 100MG for a 89-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Pristiq, Prempro for a 53-year old woman who has Menopause
- Comparions of Estradiol (Watson Labs) - 1MG, Prometrium (Unimed Pharms) - 100MG, Prempro (Wyeth Pharms Inc) - 0.625MG;2.5MG for a 61-year old woman who has Menopause
- Comparions of Activella, Prempro for a 67-year old woman who has Menopause
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium (Mylan) - 0.137MG, Prempro (Wyeth Pharms Inc) - 0.45MG;1.5MG, Diclofenac Sodium (Roxane) - 75MG, Omeprazole (Lek Pharms) - 20MG for a 55-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Aviane-28 (Duramed Pharms Barr) - 0.02MG;0.1MG, Prempro (Wyeth Pharms Inc) - 0.3MG;1.5MG for a 47-year old woman who has Hot Flush
- Comparions of Prempro (Wyeth Pharms Inc) - 0.3MG;1.5MG, Suboxone for a 50-year old woman who has Withdrawal From Opioids
- Comparions of Femhrt (Warner Chilcott) - 0.0025MG;0.5MG, Prempro (Wyeth Pharms Inc) - 0.3MG;1.5MG for a 62-year old woman who has Menopause
More related comparison studies for: Prempro, Weight gain - unintentional
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Zantac, Miralax for a 1-year old girl who has Reflux - Infants, Constipation (19 minutes ago)
- Myrbetriq, Estrace, Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole for a 67-year old woman who has Oab, Thinning Vaginal Walls, Hypothroidism, Barrett's Esophagus (1 hour ago)
- Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Prazosin Hydrochloride for a 46-year old woman who has Depression, PTSD (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Spironolactone and Junel Fe 1/20
- Bell'S Palsy and Zoloft
- Multiple Sclerosis and Alopecia Universalis
- Mirena and Coagulopathy
- Slapped Cheek
Recent user comments
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Wondering if possible i could have candida. i have ce ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (4 hours ago)
- Chronic Mitral Valve Regurgitation
- Dreams Bad
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Renal Failure