Review: could Prevacid cause Confusion?
Summary: Confusion is found among people who take Prevacid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Gastrooesophageal reflux disease.
We study 39,803 people who have side effects while taking Prevacid from FDA and social media. Among them, 414 have Confusion. Find out below who they are, when they have Confusion and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Prevacid and have Confusion >>>
Prevacid has active ingredients of lansoprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Prevacid 40,810 users)
Confusion has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Confusion 36,429 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 39,800 people reported to have side effects when taking Prevacid. Among them, 414 people (1.04%) have Confusion.
Time on Prevacid when people have Confusion * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Confusion when taking Prevacid * :
Age of people who have Confusion when taking Prevacid * :
Severity of Confusion when taking Prevacid ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Confusion ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (23 people, 5.56%)
- Pain (19 people, 4.59%)
- Asthma (15 people, 3.62%)
- Insomnia (13 people, 3.14%)
- Hypertension (13 people, 3.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (78 people, 18.84%)
- Aspirin (69 people, 16.67%)
- Digoxin (62 people, 14.98%)
- Coumadin (58 people, 14.01%)
- Ativan (52 people, 12.56%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Confusion while taking Prevacid?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prevacid and have Confusion
- support group for people who take Prevacid
- support group for people who have Confusion
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can you take prevacid if you are under lots of stress and have a knot in your stomach and feel slightly nauseous.
(Asked by a 49 year old woman who has Under A Lot Of Stress, Knot In Stomach, Slightly Nauseous, and takes Prevacid)
Daughter in very stressful situation and has been dealing with some nausea and a constant knot in stomach which I am sure is stress related. She has been downing Pepto Bismol and I wondered until she can get to the doctor if Prevacid 24 would be better than, I believe, overuse of Pepto.
Thank yo ...
- Can long term use of vicodin cause hallucinations? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Shortness Of Breath, Confusion, Sleepy, and takes Vicodin)
My 87 yr Mom has taken copious amts of Vicodin for 25+ yrs for arthritis & surgery pain management. Recently, Mom said the "carpet bubbles up 3-4 ft & trips her". Are hallucinations like this a sign of serious drug abuse? Is Mom's life in danger of drug overdose?
- What is the current treatment for larangospasm?
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Osteoarthritis, Hypercholesterolemia, GERD, Larangospasm With Asthmatic Component, and takes Klonopin, Xanax, Celebrex, Zyrtec, Lipitor, Fluticasone Propionate, Budesonide , Xopenex, Prevacid, Lexapro)
For two years I have been fighting with larangospasm. I have been hospitalized twice and treated with prednisone as well as nebulizers with albuterol. I had botox injections into my vocal cords last July 2013 and have a straw hanging around my neck for straw breathing. The last "attack" lasted one ...
- What are the symptoms of withdraw from depo estrace injections
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Chest Wall Pain, Confusion, and takes Depo-estradiol)
I want to know what kind of withdraw effects to expect with this drug. Been on it awhile and think I need to get off.
- Should i discontinie flonase prior to meningioma brain surgery
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Severe Congestion, and takes Tikosyn, Losartan, Metoprolol Succinate, Norvasc, Inderal La, Prevacid, Potassium Chloride)
Brain surgery for meningioma should I stop Flonase prior to surgery?
More questions for: Prevacid, Confusion
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Xanax bed wetting will it stop and do i wear diapers or die (1 response)
(Posted by a 48 year old man who has Bedwetting, Confusion, Bone And Joint Pain, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Depression Suicidal, Backaches And Stress, and takes Xanax, Acetaminophen, Wellbutrin, Methadone Hydrochloride, Norco)
I am on the very edge of crazy. So starting this is pushing ne way over. I'm 49 for crap sakes. I am so tired of the pain in my body and I am just tired, this is the last slap I can't anymore. Naturally alcohol I am sure is just about the end game along with cuts.
Just want to bleed out and not hur ...
- Lansoprazole and vitamin c drug interactions (1 response)
(Posted by a 40 year old woman who has Allergy, Urticaria, and takes Lansoprazole, Famotidine, Vitamin C)
Whenever I use a gastric ulcer or gastric acid treatment drug and eat any food that contains vitamine C, like lemon, orange, etc. I get a strong skin allergy with swollen insecbyte type itching redness, that lasts about two days for each one.
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
(Posted by a 16 year old girl who has Asthma, Migraines, Dizziness, Tightness In Chest, Difficulty Breathing, Confusion, Unable To Speak Or Swallow, Swollen Neck, Abdominal Pain, Unable To Walk, Neck Pain, Shaking Uncontrollably, Loss Of Feeling In Right Side, and takes Sumatriptan)
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
- Choking on fluid in my throat
(Posted by a 28 year old woman who has Choking, Vomiting, and takes Prevacid 24 Hr)
I have taken 2 pills, in the last 48 hour period. I have never taken Prevacid 24hr before, and was told it would be safe to use while pregnant. I woke up, the second night, to either mucus or some fluid, in my throat. When I tried it "clear" my throat, the fluid moved to block my breathing. I starte ...
- 57 year old male diagnosed with stage 2 hypertension
(Posted by a 57 year old man who has Hopelessness, Anxiety, Confusion, Extreme Fatigue, and takes Lisinopril)
Started on 20mg once a day, I was working long hours so I'm not sure when the fatigue first started. At physical doctor thought the dosage should be doubled. In a few days the fatigue started to become overwhelming. I was having a hard time staying awake, not because I was drowsy but felt that we ...
More reviews for: Prevacid, Confusion
- A study of side effects of Lansoprazole for a patient with Gestation. The patient has Vision Problems
Comments: hi. i forgot my period exuct date.but i guess it day 16th. every months i get my period 1 or 2 day before but this months i think it getting late little bit. i had sex one day in the meantime and it was safe .Im really worried about pregnancy.i got headeche, dizzyness as wel.what should i do now. pl ...
- A study of drug interactions between Morphine Sulfate, Lisinopril, Diazepam, Abilify, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate for a patient with Pain In Limb, Hypertension, Anxiety And Stress, Major Depression, Chronic Depression, Adhd. The patient has Disorientation, Hand Shaking, Double Vision
Comments: I started taking bupropion for depression 6 mos ago. A month ago I added paroxetine. About 2 wks ago I started Abilify at 1 mg/day. Several days after starting Abilify I developed diplopia so severe I could hardly drive. I stopped the Abilify 6 days ago and the diplopia and disorientation has improv ...
- A study of side effects of Lansoprazole for a patient with Acid Reflux. The patient has Flatulence (flatus expelled through the anus)
Comments: Mild/moderate flatulence when going to the toilet when at home - noisy enough to be embarrassing. While staying with my daughter and family the bloating and flatulence increased greatly - probably not helped by the toilets being beside their bedroom and beside the kitchen so I was extra anxious abou ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ginkgo Biloba, Iron EDTA, Vitamin D, B12, Multivitamin, Metformin, Furosemide, Captopril, Carvedilol for a patient with Memory Loss, Low Blood Sugar, Iga Deficiency, Enzyme Supplementation, Diabetes, Hypertension - Essential, Hypertension. The patient has Confusion, Memory Loss
Comments: I lost a lot of time during a 9 month period, I can't remember what I said or did. I'm being brought up on charges of writing prescription medications after my Controlled License expired. I forgot to renew it. My husband thinks that I've lost it. I couldn't remember how to do the simplest things. I ...
- A study of side effects of Bystolic for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Confusion, Nightmares (unpleasant dreams), Insomnia (sleeplessness), Joint Pain, Eyes - Dry (lack of adequate tears), Dry Mouth, Feeling Hot And Cold, Dizziness, Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body), Cold Exposure - Extremities (damage is caused to skin and other tissues due to freezing), Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Hair Loss, Vision Blurred, Headache (pain in head)
Comments: Bystolic was effective in lowering my blood pressure. However, this drug has caused HORRIFIC problems for me. I have never had anything affect me so adversely. I believe that at first I was metabolizing it well, but after a couple of weeks I felt poisoned. It has been 5 months since I stopped ta ...
More related studies for: Prevacid, Confusion
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.