Prevacid and Sleeplessness - from FDA reports
Sleeplessness is found among people who take Prevacid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Ambien, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Sleeplessness with Prevacid. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 50,568 people who have side effects when taking Prevacid from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
50,568 people reported to have side effects when taking Prevacid.
Among them, 1,896 people (3.75%) have Sleeplessness
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Prevacid when people have Sleeplessness *:
- < 1 month: 15.38 %
- 1 - 6 months: 5.77 %
- 6 - 12 months: 11.54 %
- 1 - 2 years: 1.92 %
- 2 - 5 years: 48.08 %
- 5 - 10 years: 9.62 %
- 10+ years: 7.69 %
Gender of people who have Sleeplessness when taking Prevacid *:
- female: 69.71 %
- male: 30.29 %
Age of people who have Sleeplessness when taking Prevacid *:
- 0-1: 0.46 %
- 2-9: 0.72 %
- 10-19: 1.3 %
- 20-29: 2.73 %
- 30-39: 7.42 %
- 40-49: 17.45 %
- 50-59: 27.41 %
- 60+: 42.51 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (199 people, 10.50%)
- Osteoporosis (165 people, 8.70%)
- Depression (141 people, 7.44%)
- Stress And Anxiety (98 people, 5.17%)
- High Blood Pressure (93 people, 4.91%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ambien (295 people, 15.56%)
- Prilosec (236 people, 12.45%)
- Neurontin (232 people, 12.24%)
- Celebrex (230 people, 12.13%)
- Prednisone (226 people, 11.92%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (568 people, 29.96%)
- Nausea (537 people, 28.32%)
- Fatigue (500 people, 26.37%)
- Pain (472 people, 24.89%)
- Depression (466 people, 24.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sleeplessness when taking Prevacid?
Prevacid has active ingredients of lansoprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Prevacid 51,722 users)
Sleeplessness (a sleep disorder in which there is an inability to fall asleep or to stay asleep as long as desired) has been reported by people with depression, pain, multiple sclerosis, insomnia, high blood pressure (latest reports from 221,184 Sleeplessness patients).