Review: could Prilosec cause Back pain?
Summary: Back pain is found among people who take Prilosec, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Zometa, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 59,777 people who have side effects while taking Prilosec from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,887 have Back pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Back pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Prilosec and have Back pain >>>
Prilosec has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 61,552 Prilosec users)
Back pain has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 107,113 Back pain patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 59,776 people reported to have side effects when taking Prilosec. Among them, 2,887 people (4.83%) have Back Pain.
Time on Prilosec when people have Back pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Back pain||19.75%||6.17%||19.75%||9.88%||18.52%||22.22%||3.70% |
Gender of people who have Back pain when taking Prilosec * :
|Back pain||65.98%||34.02% |
Age of people who have Back pain when taking Prilosec * :
|Back pain||0.00%||0.21%||0.16%||1.85%||5.60%||16.73%||26.91%||48.54% |
Severity of Back pain when taking Prilosec ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Back pain||10.00%||30.00%||60.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Back pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Back pain||25.00%||0.00%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (318 people, 11.01%)
- Pain (290 people, 10.05%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (275 people, 9.53%)
- Hypertension (248 people, 8.59%)
- Multiple myeloma (235 people, 8.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (729 people, 25.25%)
- Aspirin (701 people, 24.28%)
- Aredia (591 people, 20.47%)
- Lipitor (471 people, 16.31%)
- Neurontin (464 people, 16.07%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of prilosec and back pain on
Do you have Back Pain while taking Prilosec?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Prilosec and have Back Pain
- support group for people who take Prilosec
- support group for people who have Back Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Cialis, Prilosec, Toprol-xl, Tambocor, Allegra, Lotensin for a 70-year old man with Erectile Dysfunction, Gerd, Hypertensive Cardiomegaly, Hypertension, Allergic Cough. The patient has Leukocytosis, Anemia
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a 87-year old man with Pain. The patient has Back Pain
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a 63-year old man with Reflux Oesophagitis. The patient has Itching, Angioedema
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate for a 34-year old man with Barrett's Oesophagus, Jaundice - Yellow Skin. The patient has Jaundice, Liver Function Test Abnormal, Blood Bilirubin Abnormal
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Anturol, Tramadol, Hydroxyzine, Wellbutrin, Methylphenidate Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Succinate, Levoxyl, Trileptal, Topiramate for a 44-year old woman with Panic Attacks, Overactive Bladder, Tension Headaches, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Adhd, Gerd, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar. The patient has Leg And Arm Numbness (upper Arms), Exhaustion
Recent Prilosec related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Zantac for a 66-year old woman who has Acid Reflux
- Comparions of Atenolol, Omeprazole for a 83-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Pantoprazole for a 49-year old woman who has Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Phentermine, Zorvolex, Gabapentin for a 49-year old woman who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.