Review: could Prilosec cause Blood creatinine increased?
Summary: Blood creatinine increased is found among people who take Prilosec, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Pain.
We study 59,776 people who have side effects while taking Prilosec from FDA and social media. Among them, 757 have Blood creatinine increased. Find out below who they are, when they have Blood creatinine increased and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Prilosec and have Blood creatinine increased >>>
Prilosec has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 61,548 Prilosec users)
Blood creatinine increased
Blood creatinine increased has been reported by people with high blood pressure, kidney transplant, multiple myeloma, pain, diabetes. (latest reports from 40,931 Blood creatinine increased patients)
On Mar, 21, 2015: 59,776 people reported to have side effects when taking Prilosec. Among them, 757 people (1.27%) have Blood Creatinine Increased.
Time on Prilosec when people have Blood creatinine increased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood creatinine increased||69.23%||0.00%||23.08%||0.00%||0.00%||7.69%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Blood creatinine increased when taking Prilosec * :
|Blood creatinine increased||50.94%||49.06% |
Age of people who have Blood creatinine increased when taking Prilosec * :
|Blood creatinine increased||0.44%||0.15%||1.32%||2.78%||2.63%||9.36%||21.35%||61.99% |
Severity of Blood creatinine increased when taking Prilosec ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Blood creatinine increased||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Blood creatinine increased ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Blood creatinine increased||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (73 people, 9.64%)
- Multiple myeloma (49 people, 6.47%)
- Hypercalcaemia (39 people, 5.15%)
- Metastases to bone (36 people, 4.76%)
- Hypertension (35 people, 4.62%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (232 people, 30.65%)
- Aspirin (208 people, 27.48%)
- Aredia (156 people, 20.61%)
- Zometa (153 people, 20.21%)
- Lipitor (135 people, 17.83%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of prilosec and blood creatinine increased on
Do you have Blood Creatinine Increased while taking Prilosec?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Prilosec and have Blood Creatinine Increased
- support group for people who take Prilosec
- support group for people who have Blood Creatinine Increased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Lisinopril, Prednisone, Myfortic, Prograf for a 59-year old woman with Transplant - Kidney, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Weight Gain, Blood Creatinine Increased
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a 55-year old man with Barrett's Esophagus. The patient has Barrett's Esophagus (barrett's oesophagus is a disorder in which the lining of the oesophagus (the tube that carries food from the throat to the stomach) is damaged by stomach acid and changed to a lining similar to that of the stomach), Ischemic Colitis (inflammation and injury of the large intestine result from inadequate blood)
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a 33-year old woman with Ulcer - Stomach. The patient has Sweating - Excessive (abnormally increased sweating)
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Myrbetriq, Atacand, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a 66-year old man with Dyspepsia, Oab, Hypertension. The patient has Bradycardia
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Vitamin D, Magnesium Sulfate In Plastic Container, Biotin, Vitamin B12, Cytomel, Singulair, Elavil, Omeprazole, Effexor Xr for a 41-year old woman with Osteoporosis, Chronic Depression, Migraine - Classic, Keratosis Pilaris, Asthma, Gerd. The patient has High Blood Pressure
Recent Prilosec related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Famotidine, Omeprazole for a 67-year old man who has GERD
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole, Keppra for a 68-year old woman who has Confusion, Barrett's Esophagus
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Singulair, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Sodium, Plaquenil for a 54-year old woman who has Autoimmune
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Pantoprazole for a 63-year old woman who has GE Reflux
- Comparions of Dexilant, Omeprazole, Nexium for a 65-year old woman who has Ppi
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.