Review: could Prilosec cause Diverticulitis?
Summary: Diverticulitis is found among people who take Prilosec, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 59,777 people who have side effects while taking Prilosec from FDA and social media. Among them, 266 have Diverticulitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Diverticulitis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Prilosec and have Diverticulitis >>>
Prilosec has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 61,552 Prilosec users)
Diverticulitis (digestive disease which involves the formation of pouches (diverticula) within the bowel wall) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma. (latest reports from 10,154 Diverticulitis patients)
On Apr, 15, 2015: 59,777 people reported to have side effects when taking Prilosec. Among them, 266 people (0.44%) have Diverticulitis.
Time on Prilosec when people have Diverticulitis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Diverticulitis when taking Prilosec * :
Age of people who have Diverticulitis when taking Prilosec * :
Severity of Diverticulitis when taking Prilosec ** :
How people recovered from Diverticulitis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (29 people, 10.90%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (28 people, 10.53%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (26 people, 9.77%)
- Hypertension (19 people, 7.14%)
- Multiple myeloma (16 people, 6.02%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (87 people, 32.71%)
- Lasix (49 people, 18.42%)
- Ambien (46 people, 17.29%)
- Lipitor (44 people, 16.54%)
- Prednisone (43 people, 16.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of prilosec and diverticulitis on
Do you have Diverticulitis while taking Prilosec?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Prilosec and have Diverticulitis
- support group for people who take Prilosec
- support group for people who have Diverticulitis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Omeprazole, Altace, Crestor, Flomax, Levoxyl for a 82-year old man with Blood Clots, Acid Reflux, High Blood Pressure, Birth Control, Urinary Ca+2, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Angina - Stable, Mouth Ulceration, Anaemia
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Lexapro, Risperdal, Concerta, Accutane for a 17-year old girl with Stomach Discomfort, Anxiety Disorder, Asperger Syndrome, Adhd, Acne And Teenagers. The patient has Painful Menstrual Periods, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weakness
- A study of side effects of Escitalopram for a 55-year old woman with Post-traumatic Stress Disorder. The patient has Diverticulitis, Severe Back Pain Radiating Down Leg Back And Front
- A study of drug interactions between Chlorzoxazone, Omeprazole for a 32-year old man with Muscle Tightness, Acid Reflux. The patient has Throat - Sore, Throat Lesion
- A study of drug interactions between Sitagliptin Phosphate, Omeprazole, Prednisolone, Levothyroxine Sodium, Metformin for a 68-year old woman with Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Gallstones, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Hypothyroidism, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Itching
Recent Prilosec related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Atenolol, Omeprazole for a 83-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Pantoprazole for a 49-year old woman who has Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Phentermine, Zorvolex, Gabapentin for a 49-year old woman who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Omeprazole, Lamotrigine for a 41-year old woman who has Temporal Lobe Nocturnal Epilepsy, Underactive Thyroid, IBS,depression, GERD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.