Review: could Prilosec cause Gastric polyps?
Summary: Gastric polyps is found among people who take Prilosec, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Nexium, and have Gastrooesophageal reflux disease.
We study 59,777 people who have side effects while taking Prilosec from FDA and social media. Among them, 196 have Gastric polyps. Find out below who they are, when they have Gastric polyps and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Prilosec and have Gastric polyps >>>
Prilosec has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 61,552 Prilosec users)
Gastric polyps (abnormal growth of stomach tissue projecting from a mucous membrane) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, gastrooesophageal reflux disease, osteopenia, high blood pressure, metastases to bone. (latest reports from 1,115 Gastric polyps patients)
On Apr, 9, 2015: 59,777 people reported to have side effects when taking Prilosec. Among them, 196 people (0.33%) have Gastric Polyps.
Time on Prilosec when people have Gastric polyps * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Gastric polyps||9.52%||9.52%||19.05%||19.05%||4.76%||23.81%||14.29% |
Gender of people who have Gastric polyps when taking Prilosec * :
|Gastric polyps||75.88%||24.12% |
Age of people who have Gastric polyps when taking Prilosec * :
|Gastric polyps||0.00%||0.00%||1.27%||0.63%||1.27%||8.86%||51.90%||36.08% |
Severity of Gastric polyps when taking Prilosec ** :
How people recovered from Gastric polyps ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (30 people, 15.31%)
- Metastases to bone (27 people, 13.78%)
- Osteoporosis (16 people, 8.16%)
- Nausea (15 people, 7.65%)
- Breast cancer (11 people, 5.61%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nexium (67 people, 34.18%)
- Zometa (61 people, 31.12%)
- Vioxx (49 people, 25.00%)
- Celexa (37 people, 18.88%)
- Prevacid (34 people, 17.35%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of prilosec and gastric polyps on
Do you have Gastric Polyps while taking Prilosec?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Prilosec and have Gastric Polyps
- support group for people who take Prilosec
- support group for people who have Gastric Polyps
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate for a 34-year old man with Barrett's Oesophagus, Jaundice - Yellow Skin. The patient has Jaundice, Liver Function Test Abnormal, Blood Bilirubin Abnormal
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Anturol, Tramadol, Hydroxyzine, Wellbutrin, Methylphenidate Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Succinate, Levoxyl, Trileptal, Topiramate for a 44-year old woman with Panic Attacks, Overactive Bladder, Tension Headaches, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Adhd, Gerd, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar. The patient has Leg And Arm Numbness (upper Arms), Exhaustion
- A study of drug interactions between Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Tribenzor, Rapaflo for a 67-year old man with Reflux Esophagitis, Hbp, Enlarged Prostate. The patient has Urine Flow Decreased
- A study of drug interactions between Meloxicam, Chlorthalidone, Spiriva, Symbicort, Lyrica, Omeprazole, Wellbutrin Xl, Novolog Flexpen, Lantus Solostar, Metformin, Requip for a 37-year old man with Information, Water Pill, Copd, Tingling And Numbness, Acid Refluc, Anxeity, Diabetic, Restless Legs.
- A study of drug interactions between Prilosec, Linzess for a 43-year old woman with Heartburn, Acne Pustular. The patient has Pancytopenia
Recent Prilosec related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Zantac for a 66-year old woman who has Acid Reflux
- Comparions of Atenolol, Omeprazole for a 83-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Pantoprazole for a 49-year old woman who has Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Phentermine, Zorvolex, Gabapentin for a 49-year old woman who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.