Home > Prilosec > Loss of appetite > Prilosec and Loss of appetite
Review: could Prilosec cause Loss of appetite (Appetite - decreased)?
Summary: Loss of appetite is found among people who take Prilosec, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 59,746 people who have side effects while taking Prilosec from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,267 have Loss of appetite. Find out below who they are, when they have Loss of appetite and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Prilosec and have Loss of appetite >>>
Prilosec (latest outcomes from 61,520 users) has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Loss of appetite
Loss of appetite (lack of feeling to eat) (latest reports from 52,018 patients) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, pain, osteoporosis.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 59,746 people reported to have side effects when taking Prilosec. Among them, 1,267 people (2.12%) have Loss Of Appetite.
Time on Prilosec when people have Loss of appetite * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Loss of appetite||52.78%||30.56%||0.00%||2.78%||2.78%||5.56%||5.56% |
Gender of people who have Loss of appetite when taking Prilosec * :
|Loss of appetite||66.11%||33.89% |
Age of people who have Loss of appetite when taking Prilosec * :
|Loss of appetite||0.43%||0.34%||2.74%||1.29%||4.72%||13.98%||24.61%||51.89% |
Severity of Loss of appetite when taking Prilosec ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Loss of appetite||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Loss of appetite ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Loss of appetite||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (103 people, 8.13%)
- Depression (88 people, 6.95%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (84 people, 6.63%)
- Pain (84 people, 6.63%)
- Multiple myeloma (71 people, 5.60%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (301 people, 23.76%)
- Zometa (261 people, 20.60%)
- Lasix (222 people, 17.52%)
- Coumadin (188 people, 14.84%)
- Xanax (181 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Loss Of Appetite while taking Prilosec?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prilosec and have Loss Of Appetite
- support group for people who take Prilosec
- support group for people who have Loss Of Appetite
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Did you have a heart fibrillations and anxiety and depression
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Heartburn - Chronic, and takes Omeprazole)
I was a pretty calm and relaxed person until I started omeprazole which after taking it for about 2 weeks,I didn't realize that I was stressing and having anxiety due to this drug. but it kept taking it . I got worse and worse every time I tried to do something I would get terrible anxiety and depr ...
- I can't figure out how to get to the discussion boards. how do you do that? also, i tried to respond to a question and it said i needed more info, like i was signing up for the group. i have done tha
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Barrett's Esophagus, and takes Omeprazole)
I am taking a large dose of omeprazole temporarily until they do another disgnostic test. The only other drug I currently take is levothyroxine but I have no questions about that at this time.
- Can 200 grams doxycycline cause arrythmia?
(Asked by a 89 year old man who has Pulmonary Embolism, and takes Prilosec, Crestor, Welchol)
Can 200 grams of Doxycycline bring on arrythmia???
- Can long-term methadone use cause or increase the risk of colon cancer?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, and takes Fluticasone Propionate, Finasteride, Doxazosin Mesylate, Acetaminophen, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Butrans, Sertraline, Omeprazole, Simvastatin, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Naproxen, Aspirin, Polyethylene Glycol 3350, Senna, Colace, Methadone Hydrochloride)
I had a two-level spinal fusion at L4-S1 in 2000 after being injuried at work in Sept. 24, 1997. I lost everything after...the unjury, ability to do my job, my wife and family (couldn't take the strain) my home, my sense of self and purpose, direction and belonging...credit rating and ability to pay ...
- Could prilosec cause an elevated blood sugar
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has DIABETES, and takes Metformin, Prilosec)
I've been on Prilosec for about 1 month & my blood sugars have been elevated starting shortly after I started on it. could Prilosec be causing it? Nothing else has changed with my meds or lifestyle.
More questions for: Prilosec, Loss of appetite
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Prednisone mixed results-it lets me breath
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Steroid Dependent Asthmatic, and takes Proair Hfa, Albuterol Sulfate, Norco, Omeprazole, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Zolpidem Tartrate, Prednisone)
have been on prednisone now for 3 years straight. Am taking 30mg a day just to breath. every time i have tried to taper off i have ended up in the emergency room unable to breath. That has been 7 times in the last year. I am 49 years old and was in good health 3-4 years ago. got a cough and it has b ...
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
(Posted by a 55 year old man who has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, and takes Simvastatin, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Morphine Sulfate, Amlodipine Besylate)
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
- Enoxoparine causing worsening of stiffness more weakness in ability to use his hand properly
(Posted by a 90 year old man who has Difficulty In Putting Food In His Mouth, Difficulty In Using The Spoon , and takes Proscar, Omeprazole)
My father had cardiac cath to check the conduction the study complicated by DVT
Given enoxoparine 8000 IU sub cut daily for 4weeks
Can I discontinue enoxoparine and give him aspirin 81mg daily
- Ideopathic hypersomnia from mantle cell lymphoma
(Posted by a 65 year old man who has Mantle Cell Lymphoma, Ideopathic Hypersomnia, and takes Pravastatin Sodium, Prilosec, Tamsulosin, Acyclovir)
I have an unusual idiopathic hypersomnia surrounded by the circumstance of also having Mantle Cell Lymphoma. I awake each day at around 7:00 am without an alarm after 7-8 hrs sleep. By 8:00 am after a cup of coffee and breakfast, I feel fully awake and 100% normal.
Around Noon and 12:30, I begi ...
- My memory loss due to omeprazole
(Posted by a 70 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, and takes Omeprazole)
I took omeprazole for 20 years until I developed edema of the lower extremities. I started having memory problems right away and they still persist even though I have not taken omeprazole now for about 6 yrs. I am hoping it will dissipate or clear my system. I do not have a constant memory proble ...
More reviews for: Prilosec, Loss of appetite
- A study of drug interactions between Loperamide Hydrochloride, Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Losartan Potassium, Co-codamol for a patient with Coeliac Diarrohea, Not Sure, Don't Know, High Blood Pressure, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis. The patient has Stomach Pain
Comments: I have osteoarthritis and am coeliac. I follow a gluten free diet. Recently I have developed severe stomach pain which comes on about 1 - 2 hours after eating. Ant acids and over the counter medicine such as Gaviscon don't seem to help. It goes away gradually on its own but the occasions are get ...
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a patient with Acid Reflux. The patient has Burning Mouth Syndrome (pain in the mouth and burning sensation on tongue)
Comments: I am taking only 5mg a day but as I decrease my dose to every other day, the burning and tenderness in my mouth and tongue decrease. I was told by my dentist that menopause can have a side effect of burning mouth syndrome and I have done some researching on the web about this syndrome and there isn ...
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin Pediatric for a patient with Infection - Ear. The patient has Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water), Heart Rate Increased, Breathing - Rapid And Deep, Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness), Lethargy (tiredness), Ear Infection (ear infection), Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat), Fever, Inability To Crawl, High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar)
Comments: My son is 17 months old and been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes but I just received a call from his physician that he is positive for Enterovirus. What is the connection between Enterovirus and high blood sugar levels?
- A study of drug interactions between Fluoxetine, Concerta for a patient with Depression, Add. The patient has Fatigue, Dizziness, Loss Of Appetite
Comments: I wouldn't mind losing a couple pounds, but I don't freakishly obsess over it. After I started taking the concerta in Aug. I started losing my appetite, and now when I try to eat after taking my pills in the morning, I feel sick and food just doesn't look appetizing any more.
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Pristiq, Mirtazapine for a patient with Acid Reflux, Depression. The patient has Drug Screen False Positive
Comments: Recently went in to treatment to get off of a hydrocodone addiction following neck surgery. The doctor staryed me on suboxone. This is the second time i was treated for this because i have been on a pain management program for neck problems. The dr drug screens me everytime i go there. While in ...
More related studies for: Prilosec, Loss of appetite
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.