Review: could Prilosec cause Numbness and tingling?
Summary: Numbness and tingling is found among people who take Prilosec, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 59,777 people who have side effects while taking Prilosec from FDA and social media. Among them, 112 have Numbness and tingling. Find out below who they are, when they have Numbness and tingling and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Prilosec and have Numbness and tingling >>>
Prilosec has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 61,552 Prilosec users)
Numbness and tingling
Numbness and tingling (unusual prickling sensations) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, pain, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 5,005 Numbness and tingling patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 59,776 people reported to have side effects when taking Prilosec. Among them, 112 people (0.19%) have Numbness And Tingling.
Time on Prilosec when people have Numbness and tingling * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Numbness and tingling||10.00%||10.00%||10.00%||10.00%||20.00%||20.00%||20.00% |
Gender of people who have Numbness and tingling when taking Prilosec * :
|Numbness and tingling||60.50%||39.50% |
Age of people who have Numbness and tingling when taking Prilosec * :
|Numbness and tingling||0.00%||0.00%||0.97%||1.94%||8.74%||16.50%||34.95%||36.89% |
Severity of Numbness and tingling when taking Prilosec ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Numbness and tingling||9.09%||72.73%||18.18%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Numbness and tingling ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Numbness and tingling||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (29 people, 25.89%)
- Osteoporosis (17 people, 15.18%)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (13 people, 11.61%)
- Thrombocytopenia (11 people, 9.82%)
- Breast cancer (11 people, 9.82%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (63 people, 56.25%)
- Aredia (54 people, 48.21%)
- Lyrica (42 people, 37.50%)
- Aspirin (41 people, 36.61%)
- Neurontin (39 people, 34.82%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of prilosec and numbness and tingling on
Do you have Numbness And Tingling while taking Prilosec?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Prilosec and have Numbness And Tingling
- support group for people who take Prilosec
- support group for people who have Numbness And Tingling
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Chlorzoxazone, Omeprazole for a 32-year old man with Muscle Tightness, Acid Reflux. The patient has Throat - Sore, Throat Lesion
- A study of drug interactions between Sitagliptin Phosphate, Omeprazole, Prednisolone, Levothyroxine Sodium, Metformin for a 68-year old woman with Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Gallstones, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Hypothyroidism, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Estradiol, Atenolol, Hydrochlorothiazide for a 70-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol, Postmenopause, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Shoulder Blade Pain, Pain - Shoulder, Tingling And Numbness
- A study of drug interactions between Fluticasone Propionate, Omeprazole for a 50-year old woman with Sinus Headache, Ulcer - Stomach. The patient has Stomach Pain, Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a 35-year old woman with Ulcer - Peptic. The patient has Galactorrhea
Recent Prilosec related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Pantoprazole for a 49-year old woman who has Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Phentermine, Zorvolex, Gabapentin for a 49-year old woman who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Omeprazole, Lamotrigine for a 41-year old woman who has Temporal Lobe Nocturnal Epilepsy, Underactive Thyroid, IBS,depression, GERD
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Escitalopram for a 44-year old man who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.