Review: could Prilosec cause Pernicious anaemia?
Summary: Pernicious anaemia is found among people who take Prilosec, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, also take medication Albuterol, and have Gastric ulcer.
We study 59,776 people who have side effects while taking Prilosec from FDA and social media. Among them, 19 have Pernicious anaemia. Find out below who they are, when they have Pernicious anaemia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Prilosec and have Pernicious anaemia >>>
Prilosec has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 61,548 Prilosec users)
Pernicious anaemia (anaemia due to lack of vitamin b12) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, hypothyroidism, osteopenia, high blood cholesterol, depression. (latest reports from 717 Pernicious anaemia patients)
On Apr, 2, 2015: 59,776 people reported to have side effects when taking Prilosec. Among them, 19 people (0.03%) have Pernicious Anaemia.
Time on Prilosec when people have Pernicious anaemia * :
Gender of people who have Pernicious anaemia when taking Prilosec * :
|Pernicious anaemia||65.00%||35.00% |
Age of people who have Pernicious anaemia when taking Prilosec * :
|Pernicious anaemia||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||17.65%||0.00%||35.29%||23.53%||23.53% |
Severity of Pernicious anaemia when taking Prilosec ** :
How people recovered from Pernicious anaemia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Ulcer (6 people, 31.58%)
- Asthma (6 people, 31.58%)
- Relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (6 people, 31.58%)
- Hypothyroidism (6 people, 31.58%)
- Nausea (5 people, 26.32%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Albuterol (6 people, 31.58%)
- Betaseron (6 people, 31.58%)
- Prozac (6 people, 31.58%)
- Effexor (6 people, 31.58%)
- Prilosec otc (5 people, 26.32%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pernicious Anaemia while taking Prilosec?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Prilosec and have Pernicious Anaemia
- support group for people who take Prilosec
- support group for people who have Pernicious Anaemia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Fluticasone Propionate, Omeprazole for a 50-year old woman with Sinus Headache, Ulcer - Stomach. The patient has Stomach Pain, Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a 35-year old woman with Ulcer - Peptic. The patient has Galactorrhea
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Zopiclone, Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Bisacodyl, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Morphine, Morphine Sulfate for a 42-year old woman with Ulcer - Stomach, Insomnia, Fibromyalgia, Constipation, Depression, Degenerative Joint Disease. The patient has Confusion, Blurred Vision, Constipation, Toothaches, Tooth Decay, Depression, Dizziness Exertional, Muscular Weakness, Itching, Eczema Exacerbated, Neck Pain, Headache, Tooth Loss, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Fatigue - Chronic, Weight Gain, Food Hoarding, Food Craving, Abdominal Bloating, Ocular Migraine, Stomach Pain, Bedwetting
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Omeprazole, Atenolol, Levaquin, Jantoven, Synthroid for a 73-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol, Gerd, Hypertension, Acute Bronchitis, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Knee Pain
Recent Prilosec related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Pantoprazole for a 49-year old woman who has Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Phentermine, Zorvolex, Gabapentin for a 49-year old woman who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Omeprazole, Lamotrigine for a 41-year old woman who has Temporal Lobe Nocturnal Epilepsy, Underactive Thyroid, IBS,depression, GERD
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Escitalopram for a 44-year old man who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.