Review: could Prilosec cause Rash (Rashes)?
Summary: Rash is found among people who take Prilosec, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain.
We study 59,752 people who have side effects while taking Prilosec from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,130 have Rash. Find out below who they are, when they have Rash and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Prilosec and have Rash >>>
Prilosec has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Prilosec 61,523 users)
Rash (redness) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, depression.(latest reports from Rash 150,227 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 59,746 people reported to have side effects when taking Prilosec. Among them, 2,127 people (3.56%) have Rash.
Time on Prilosec when people have Rash * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Rash when taking Prilosec * :
Age of people who have Rash when taking Prilosec * :
Severity of Rash when taking Prilosec ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Rash ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (219 people, 10.30%)
- Hypertension (183 people, 8.60%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (182 people, 8.56%)
- Osteoporosis (168 people, 7.90%)
- Multiple myeloma (162 people, 7.62%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (514 people, 24.17%)
- Zometa (420 people, 19.75%)
- Aredia (334 people, 15.70%)
- Lasix (326 people, 15.33%)
- Coumadin (301 people, 14.15%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Rash while taking Prilosec?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prilosec and have Rash
- support group for people who take Prilosec
- support group for people who have Rash
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Did you have a heart fibrillations and anxiety and depression
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Heartburn - Chronic, and takes Omeprazole)
I was a pretty calm and relaxed person until I started omeprazole which after taking it for about 2 weeks,I didn't realize that I was stressing and having anxiety due to this drug. but it kept taking it . I got worse and worse every time I tried to do something I would get terrible anxiety and depr ...
- I can't figure out how to get to the discussion boards. how do you do that? also, i tried to respond to a question and it said i needed more info, like i was signing up for the group. i have done tha
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Barrett's Esophagus, and takes Omeprazole)
I am taking a large dose of omeprazole temporarily until they do another disgnostic test. The only other drug I currently take is levothyroxine but I have no questions about that at this time.
- Can 200 grams doxycycline cause arrythmia?
(Asked by a 89 year old man who has Pulmonary Embolism, and takes Prilosec, Crestor, Welchol)
Can 200 grams of Doxycycline bring on arrythmia???
- Can long-term methadone use cause or increase the risk of colon cancer?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, and takes Fluticasone Propionate, Finasteride, Doxazosin Mesylate, Acetaminophen, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Butrans, Sertraline, Omeprazole, Simvastatin, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Naproxen, Aspirin, Polyethylene Glycol 3350, Senna, Colace, Methadone Hydrochloride)
I had a two-level spinal fusion at L4-S1 in 2000 after being injuried at work in Sept. 24, 1997. I lost everything after...the unjury, ability to do my job, my wife and family (couldn't take the strain) my home, my sense of self and purpose, direction and belonging...credit rating and ability to pay ...
- Could prilosec cause an elevated blood sugar
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has DIABETES, and takes Metformin, Prilosec)
I've been on Prilosec for about 1 month & my blood sugars have been elevated starting shortly after I started on it. could Prilosec be causing it? Nothing else has changed with my meds or lifestyle.
More questions for: Prilosec, Rash
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Rash from eating kale
(Posted by a 32 year old woman who has Itching, Rash Generalised, and takes Kale)
I ate kale for the first time on Monday. I only had a small bowl of fresh mixed green salad, so it wasn't entirely Kale. By Tuesday, I had a small rash on my left hip. I ignored it at first. Thursday evening, I decided to eat a large kale salad with other veggies and salmon, all of which I have ...
- Prednisone mixed results-it lets me breath
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Steroid Dependent Asthmatic, and takes Proair Hfa, Albuterol Sulfate, Norco, Omeprazole, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Zolpidem Tartrate, Prednisone)
have been on prednisone now for 3 years straight. Am taking 30mg a day just to breath. every time i have tried to taper off i have ended up in the emergency room unable to breath. That has been 7 times in the last year. I am 49 years old and was in good health 3-4 years ago. got a cough and it has b ...
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
(Posted by a 55 year old man who has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, and takes Simvastatin, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Morphine Sulfate, Amlodipine Besylate)
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
- Enoxoparine causing worsening of stiffness more weakness in ability to use his hand properly
(Posted by a 90 year old man who has Difficulty In Putting Food In His Mouth, Difficulty In Using The Spoon , and takes Proscar, Omeprazole)
My father had cardiac cath to check the conduction the study complicated by DVT
Given enoxoparine 8000 IU sub cut daily for 4weeks
Can I discontinue enoxoparine and give him aspirin 81mg daily
- Ideopathic hypersomnia from mantle cell lymphoma
(Posted by a 65 year old man who has Mantle Cell Lymphoma, Ideopathic Hypersomnia, and takes Pravastatin Sodium, Prilosec, Tamsulosin, Acyclovir)
I have an unusual idiopathic hypersomnia surrounded by the circumstance of also having Mantle Cell Lymphoma. I awake each day at around 7:00 am without an alarm after 7-8 hrs sleep. By 8:00 am after a cup of coffee and breakfast, I feel fully awake and 100% normal.
Around Noon and 12:30, I begi ...
More reviews for: Prilosec, Rash
- A study of side effects of Ibuprofen for a patient with Anal Fissure. The patient has Skin Rash (redness)
Comments: not itchy. appears on stomach, sides, back, chest & hips. noticed after a painful bowel movement due to anal fissure. also ate random selection of food at buffer a couple hours prior. very light red. ability to "write on skin" (noticed when itching occured). not sure if itching was due to anxiety of ...
- A study of drug interactions between Prilosec, Tegretol, Latuda, Klonopin, Lamictal, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Flexeril, Lexapro, Lidocaine for a patient with GERD, Bipolar 2, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Sleep Disorder, Muscle Rigidity, Bipolar Depression, Back Pain.
Comments: I am a 48 yr old female diagnosed with PTSD, bipolar 2, BPD, histrionic suicidal idealation and a mess!!!
Things were going well in therapy and with my Dr. over the past 2 years on the above "cocktail" MINUS the Latuda and Lexapro.
I have had 3 very serious suicide attempts, all prior to the T ...
- A study of drug interactions between Loperamide Hydrochloride, Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Losartan Potassium, Co-codamol for a patient with Coeliac Diarrohea, Not Sure, Don't Know, High Blood Pressure, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis. The patient has Stomach Pain
Comments: I have osteoarthritis and am coeliac. I follow a gluten free diet. Recently I have developed severe stomach pain which comes on about 1 - 2 hours after eating. Ant acids and over the counter medicine such as Gaviscon don't seem to help. It goes away gradually on its own but the occasions are get ...
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a patient with Acid Reflux. The patient has Burning Mouth Syndrome (pain in the mouth and burning sensation on tongue)
Comments: I am taking only 5mg a day but as I decrease my dose to every other day, the burning and tenderness in my mouth and tongue decrease. I was told by my dentist that menopause can have a side effect of burning mouth syndrome and I have done some researching on the web about this syndrome and there isn ...
- A study of drug interactions between Versed, Advair Diskus 250/50 for a patient with Anaesthesia, Asthma. The patient has Rash Pustular, Rash
Comments: had a procedure to melt and remove fat from abdomen ... used versed IV as anaesthesia, wasn't very effective, had a lot of pain and memory of procedure. Rash developed on my face around mouth, nose, and eyes ... getting worse over past 18 months.
More related studies for: Prilosec, Rash
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.