Home > Prilosec > Restless legs syndrome > Prilosec and Restless legs syndrome
Review: could Prilosec cause Restless legs syndrome (Restless leg syndrome)?
Summary: Restless legs syndrome is found among people who take Prilosec, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Zometa, and have Muscle spasms.
We study 59,746 people who have side effects while taking Prilosec from FDA and social media. Among them, 209 have Restless legs syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Restless legs syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Prilosec and have Restless legs syndrome >>>
Prilosec (latest outcomes from 61,518 users) has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Restless legs syndrome
Restless legs syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs) (latest reports from 67,439 patients) has been reported by people with restless leg syndrome, osteoporosis, depression, high blood pressure, pain.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 59,746 people reported to have side effects when taking Prilosec. Among them, 209 people (0.35%) have Restless Legs Syndrome.
Time on Prilosec when people have Restless legs syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Restless legs syndrome||10.00%||20.00%||20.00%||0.00%||40.00%||10.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Restless legs syndrome when taking Prilosec * :
|Restless legs syndrome||75.00%||25.00% |
Age of people who have Restless legs syndrome when taking Prilosec * :
|Restless legs syndrome||0.55%||0.00%||0.00%||0.55%||2.75%||20.33%||43.41%||32.42% |
Severity of Restless legs syndrome when taking Prilosec ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||50.00%||25.00%||25.00% |
How people recovered from Restless legs syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Muscle spasms (44 people, 21.05%)
- Sleep disorder (38 people, 18.18%)
- Depression (38 people, 18.18%)
- Pain (32 people, 15.31%)
- Osteoporosis (24 people, 11.48%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (95 people, 45.45%)
- Ambien (80 people, 38.28%)
- Percocet (77 people, 36.84%)
- Neurontin (76 people, 36.36%)
- Ativan (76 people, 36.36%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Restless Legs Syndrome while taking Prilosec?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prilosec and have Restless Legs Syndrome
- support group for people who take Prilosec
- support group for people who have Restless Legs Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What can i do to help my wife who is on ambien and sometimes has horrible restless leg syndrome?
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has ADD, Restless Leg Syndrome, Insomnia, and takes Adderall, Ambien)
She will take her meds like a hour and a half before actually going to sleep. The Zambian that is and sometimes she has uncontrolled restless leg syndrome. She has to move them a certain way and everything. This last time it lasted a hour and a half. I was just wondering if there is anything I could ...
- I can't figure out how to get to the discussion boards. how do you do that? also, i tried to respond to a question and it said i needed more info, like i was signing up for the group. i have done tha
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Barrett's Esophagus, and takes Omeprazole)
I am taking a large dose of omeprazole temporarily until they do another disgnostic test. The only other drug I currently take is levothyroxine but I have no questions about that at this time.
- Can 200 grams doxycycline cause arrythmia?
(Asked by a 89 year old man who has Pulmonary Embolism, and takes Prilosec, Crestor, Welchol)
Can 200 grams of Doxycycline bring on arrythmia???
- Can long-term methadone use cause or increase the risk of colon cancer?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, and takes Fluticasone Propionate, Finasteride, Doxazosin Mesylate, Acetaminophen, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Butrans, Sertraline, Omeprazole, Simvastatin, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Naproxen, Aspirin, Polyethylene Glycol 3350, Senna, Colace, Methadone Hydrochloride)
I had a two-level spinal fusion at L4-S1 in 2000 after being injuried at work in Sept. 24, 1997. I lost everything after...the unjury, ability to do my job, my wife and family (couldn't take the strain) my home, my sense of self and purpose, direction and belonging...credit rating and ability to pay ...
- Has abilify affected your ability to make good decisions?
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Tachycardia, Depression, Fibromyalgia, Anemia, Barrett's Esophagus, Temporal Arteritis, Restless Leg Syndrome, Disautonomia, Autoimmune Retinopathy, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Myasthenia Gravis, Addison's Disease, and takes Abilify)
My husband and I are 73. We had a paid off home and money in the bank until the past 3 years. We have made some terrible decisions and now we are practically penniless. We couldn't understand why we had made such bad decisions and let someone talk us into losing our money. We have also been on A ...
More questions for: Prilosec, Restless legs syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Prednisone mixed results-it lets me breath
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Steroid Dependent Asthmatic, and takes Proair Hfa, Albuterol Sulfate, Norco, Omeprazole, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Zolpidem Tartrate, Prednisone)
have been on prednisone now for 3 years straight. Am taking 30mg a day just to breath. every time i have tried to taper off i have ended up in the emergency room unable to breath. That has been 7 times in the last year. I am 49 years old and was in good health 3-4 years ago. got a cough and it has b ...
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
(Posted by a 55 year old man who has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, and takes Simvastatin, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Morphine Sulfate, Amlodipine Besylate)
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
- Pristiq, epilim, sifrol, immovane, valium, mobic
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Congenital Scoliosis, Claustrophobia, Flashbacks And Nightmares, Anxiety Disorder, Restless Legs Syndrome, Depression, and takes Mobic, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Diazepam, Valproate Sodium, Pristiq )
I started out with mild burnout depression in 2009 and was put on a low dose of Lexapro, which picked me up fantastically. I had been given low (2mg) Valium before for muscle relaxant purposes due to my scoliosis complications. Both these worked well. Then in 2010 I was drugged and raped and almo ...
- Enoxoparine causing worsening of stiffness more weakness in ability to use his hand properly
(Posted by a 90 year old man who has Difficulty In Putting Food In His Mouth, Difficulty In Using The Spoon , and takes Proscar, Omeprazole)
My father had cardiac cath to check the conduction the study complicated by DVT
Given enoxoparine 8000 IU sub cut daily for 4weeks
Can I discontinue enoxoparine and give him aspirin 81mg daily
- Ideopathic hypersomnia from mantle cell lymphoma
(Posted by a 65 year old man who has Mantle Cell Lymphoma, Ideopathic Hypersomnia, and takes Pravastatin Sodium, Prilosec, Tamsulosin, Acyclovir)
I have an unusual idiopathic hypersomnia surrounded by the circumstance of also having Mantle Cell Lymphoma. I awake each day at around 7:00 am without an alarm after 7-8 hrs sleep. By 8:00 am after a cup of coffee and breakfast, I feel fully awake and 100% normal.
Around Noon and 12:30, I begi ...
More reviews for: Prilosec, Restless legs syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Humira, Omeprazole, Restoril, Zofran, Butrans, Oxycodone for a patient with Ankylosing Spondylitis, Heartburn, Insomnia, Naseau. The patient has Pain - Back, Nausea, Stomach Pain
Comments: I was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis back in 1982. I am also on Domperidone for Gastraparisis that I use to get from Canada, now I get from local compounding pharmacy. In the past few years I have gone from Methadone for the chronic pain of the AS, to the butrans patch. It seemed to help with ...
- A study of drug interactions between Prilosec, Ativan, Vicodin, Naprosyn, Norpramin, Metformin, Robinul, Strattera, Wellbutrin, Flexeril, Lexapro for a patient with Reflux Gastritis, Anxiety, Pain, Arthritis, Depression, Weight Gain, Sweating - Excessive, To Treat Side Effects Of Antidepressants Such As Extreme Fatigue And Inability To Focus, To Treat Weight Gain Side Effects Of Anti Depressants. The patient has Swallowing Painful, Vision Blurred, Anxiety, Oral Pain, Angular Cheilitis, Taste Disturbance, Gum Pain, Tongue Exfoliation, Tongue Irritation, Headache - Migraine Without Aura, Sweating - Excessive, Pain - Muscles, Pain - Joints, Depression, Hair Loss
Comments: Naprosyn, Vicodin, Ativan and Prilosec are taken only on an as needed basis. Some of my symptoms are intermittent, and some are chronic. The though the medications may not completely rid me of a symptom (for example, depression or muscle pain), they do improve my condition enough to warrant their co ...
- A study of drug interactions between Fioricet, Azelastine Hydrochloride, Ipratropium Bromide, Ciprofloxacin, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Montelukast Sodium, Omeprazole, Fexofenadine Hydrochloride, Cymbalta, Lorazepam, Motrin, Zolpidem, Atenolol for a patient with Muscle Relaxer, Allergy To Mold - Dander - Dust, Allergy, Chronic Sinus Infection, Esophageal Spasm, Fibromyalgia, Stress And Anxiety, Sleeping Difficulty, Chronic Mitral Valve Regurgitation. The patient has Elevated Liver Enzymes And Brown Patches On Face
Comments: I have been struggling with sinusitis for almost 2 years now and they can't stop the dripping my nose from running,down throat to chest, lots of plegm, and have been congested for over a year and half. Since then, have tried me on every sort of antihistimine, Loradine, Zyrtec, Certirizine, and flut ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Clobetasol Propionate, Omeprazole, Prednisone for a patient with Vitamin D Abnormal, Health, Psoriasis. The patient has Arthritis - Psoriatic, Pustular Psoriasis, Acute Generalised Exanthematous Pustulosis
Comments: Came down with fever and sore throat on 11/22/13. Diagnosed in ER on 11/23/2013 with Strep Throat via rapid test. Given 7 days worth of 500mg of Azithromycin. 11/26/13,developed pustules on palms. Went to doc on 11/27,got lab work. Pustules on palms, wrists, in mouth and airway, on face... progres ...
- A study of side effects of Methocarbamol for a patient with Undiagnosed Hip And Knee Pain In Left Leg. The patient has Restless Leg Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs)
Comments: If I try to stop taking this drug then by the 4th day, my restless legs come back. I always feel my leg muscles twitching more often by how many days I am off of the drug. Anyway, I am trying to stop taking them because my prescription is running low and no Dr. has yet been willing to prescribe them ...
More related studies for: Prilosec, Restless legs syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.