Home > Prilosec > Restless legs syndrome > Prilosec and Restless legs syndrome
Review: could Prilosec cause Restless legs syndrome (Restless leg syndrome)?
We study 59,746 people who have side effects while taking Prilosec from FDA and social media. Among them, 209 have Restless legs syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Restless legs syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Prilosec and have Restless legs syndrome >>>
Prilosec (latest outcomes from 61,508 users) has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Restless legs syndrome
Restless legs syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs) (latest reports from 67,414 patients) has been reported by people with restless leg syndrome, osteoporosis, depression, high blood pressure, pain.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 59,746 people reported to have side effects when taking Prilosec. Among them, 209 people (0.35%) have Restless Legs Syndrome.
Time on Prilosec when people have Restless legs syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Restless legs syndrome||10.00%||20.00%||20.00%||0.00%||40.00%||10.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Restless legs syndrome when taking Prilosec * :
|Restless legs syndrome||75.00%||25.00% |
Age of people who have Restless legs syndrome when taking Prilosec * :
|Restless legs syndrome||0.55%||0.00%||0.00%||0.55%||2.75%||20.33%||43.41%||32.42% |
Severity of Restless legs syndrome when taking Prilosec ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||50.00%||25.00%||25.00% |
How people recovered from Restless legs syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Muscle spasms (44 people, 21.05%)
- Sleep disorder (38 people, 18.18%)
- Depression (38 people, 18.18%)
- Pain (32 people, 15.31%)
- Osteoporosis (24 people, 11.48%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (95 people, 45.45%)
- Ambien (80 people, 38.28%)
- Percocet (77 people, 36.84%)
- Neurontin (76 people, 36.36%)
- Ativan (76 people, 36.36%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Restless Legs Syndrome while taking Prilosec?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prilosec and have Restless Legs Syndrome
- support group for people who take Prilosec
- support group for people who have Restless Legs Syndrome
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can long-term methadone use cause or increase the risk of colon cancer?
I had a two-level spinal fusion at L4-S1 in 2000 after being injuried at work in Sept. 24, 1997. I lost everything after...the unjury, ability to do my job, my wife and family (couldn't take the strain) my home, my sense of self and purpose, direction and belonging...credit rating and ability to pay ...
- Has abilify affected your ability to make good decisions?
My husband and I are 73. We had a paid off home and money in the bank until the past 3 years. We have made some terrible decisions and now we are practically penniless. We couldn't understand why we had made such bad decisions and let someone talk us into losing our money. We have also been on A ...
- Could prilosec cause an elevated blood sugar
I've been on Prilosec for about 1 month & my blood sugars have been elevated starting shortly after I started on it. could Prilosec be causing it? Nothing else has changed with my meds or lifestyle.
- What are the withdrawal symptoms of getting off dal mane?
Due to a recent onset of panic attacks I've been given these daily meds. I'm concerned about the long term affects & especially the symptoms that will occur when I try to get off of them.(especially the dalmane) can you please give me info on the best way to stop these meds when I feel it is necess ...
- Does anyone else have trouble getting to sleep since beginning to take brilinta?
Am trying to figure out just why, since stent insertion, I have developed insomnia which keeps me from getting to sleep at night. Brilinta is the only new drug I am taking.I am very sleepy, falling asleep in my chair while watching TV, but wide awake when I go to bed and staying awake until two or t ...
- While taking omeprazole, how can i reverse the constipation it causes?
Since I began taking Omeprazole for GERD, my bowel movements are much smaller and it is causing me to gain weight, especially around my belly due to accumulated fecal matter. What non-laxative can I take, while taking Omeprazole, to increase my bowel movements back to normal?
- Does/can inulin (chicory root extract) interact with lithium?
I am taking all these antibiotics for 14 days to get rid of the H Pylori bacteria in my stomach. I want to replace the good bacteria lost and avoid diahhrea by taking a probiotic daily. However, I have noticed the use of inulin (chicory root extract) in the probiotic. I need to know if I can take th ...
- How long after stopping crestor did the vertigo stop?
Took Crestor (5 mg every other day as a beginning dose) for two months when symptoms began. Doctor thought it was an inner ear infection and sent me to an ENT doc. He ordered a brain scan which was OK. Vertigo was never mentioned by any of my doctors as a potential cause of the vertigo and other sym ...
- My sister has a past addiction to morphine. is solonpas addictive?
I take of my baby sister, because in 2010 she tried to take her life with drugs, alcohol and. Cocaine. She complains of pain in her lower back, due to an injury in 1998, which led to surgery, which led to her addictiction to Morphine. She was diagnosed with Arthritis in her back where she had surger ...
- Can metoprolyl and atorvastatin cause dementia
My dad had a heart attack at age 84 and was put on Metoprolol and Atorvastatin following his heart attack. We started noticing a decline in his cognitive functioning, memory, and speech after his heart attack. He was diagnosed with Alzeihmer's Disorder last year at age 87, however, the Dr. said he p ...
More questions for: Prilosec, Restless legs syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Prednisone mixed results-it lets me breath
have been on prednisone now for 3 years straight. Am taking 30mg a day just to breath. every time i have tried to taper off i have ended up in the emergency room unable to breath. That has been 7 times in the last year. I am 49 years old and was in good health 3-4 years ago. got a cough and it has b ...
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
- Pristiq, epilim, sifrol, immovane, valium, mobic
I started out with mild burnout depression in 2009 and was put on a low dose of Lexapro, which picked me up fantastically. I had been given low (2mg) Valium before for muscle relaxant purposes due to my scoliosis complications. Both these worked well. Then in 2010 I was drugged and raped and almo ...
- Enoxoparine causing worsening of stiffness more weakness in ability to use his hand properly
My father had cardiac cath to check the conduction the study complicated by DVT
Given enoxoparine 8000 IU sub cut daily for 4weeks
Can I discontinue enoxoparine and give him aspirin 81mg daily
- Ideopathic hypersomnia from mantle cell lymphoma
I have an unusual idiopathic hypersomnia surrounded by the circumstance of also having Mantle Cell Lymphoma. I awake each day at around 7:00 am without an alarm after 7-8 hrs sleep. By 8:00 am after a cup of coffee and breakfast, I feel fully awake and 100% normal.
Around Noon and 12:30, I begi ...
- Flatulence, lactose intolerance, and clonazapam
After taking my first dose of Clonazapam, it seemed my lactose intolerance flared up for 24 hours or more. Flatulence all through the period and watery stool in the morning. Does anyone else find their lactose intolerance triggered by the lactose in Clonazapam?
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
- My memory loss due to omeprazole
I took omeprazole for 20 years until I developed edema of the lower extremities. I started having memory problems right away and they still persist even though I have not taken omeprazole now for about 6 yrs. I am hoping it will dissipate or clear my system. I do not have a constant memory proble ...
- Tonsillitis for 1 week
i suffered tonsillitisfor a week. and i lose my weight coz i kept on vomiting. we rushed into my doctor's clinic. he advised me to stay in the hospital for 3 days cause my tonsillitis was really severe. he prescribed me cefuroxime axetil via IV for further absorption and omeprazole via IV for my sto ...
- Living with chronic pain while battling with psychological disorders.
I have had back problems since 2004. I have been on pain management since 2007. A year ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Not only does fibromyalgia cause deep wide spread pain, it also makes me feel lethargic, fluish, and greatly effects my daily life. I also have some psychological conditions ...
More reviews for: Prilosec, Restless legs syndrome
On eHealthMe, Prilosec (omeprazole) is often used for gastroesophageal reflux disease. Find out below the conditions Prilosec is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Prilosec used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Tylenol, Melatonin, Omeprazole, Azelastine Hydrochloride, Singulair, Mucinex, Claritin, Lunesta, Simvastatin, Exforge Hct, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Atripla for a patient with Healthy Living, Pain - Back, Sleeplessness, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Allergies, Insomnia Concerns, High Blood Cholesterol, Hypertension, Pain, Restless Leg Syndrome, Exposure To Communicable Disease. The patient has Restless Leg Syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin Xl, Xyzal, Prilosec for a patient with Depression, Allergies, Gerd. The patient has Restless Leg Syndrome
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a patient with GE Reflux. The patient has Periodic Limb Movement Disorder (a powerful urge to move your legs)
More related studies for: Prilosec, Restless legs syndrome
Recent Prilosec related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Prilosec, Ranitidine for a 68-year old man who has GERD
- Comparions of Prilosec, Zantac 150 for a 39-year old woman who has Acid Reflux
- Comparions of Nexium, Pantoprazole, Omeprazole, Benicar Hct for a 55-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Carvedilol, Omeprazole, Amlodipine, Lisinopril for a 82-year old woman who has Thyroid Disorder
- Comparions of Pepcid, Omeprazole for a 56-year old man who has Acid Reflux
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Alprazolam for a 46-year old man who has Schizophrenia
- Comparions of Prevacid, Omeprazole, Esomeprazole Sodium, Dexilant for a 39-year old man who has GERD
- Comparions of Prilosec, Xyrem, Percocet, Wellbutrin Xl, Adderall 30 for a 44-year old woman who has Traumatic Brain Injury
- Comparions of Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Dexilant for a 62-year old woman who has GERD
- Comparions of Nexium, Prilosec for a 71-year old woman who has Acid Reflux
More related comparison studies for: Prilosec, Restless legs syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Abilify, Topiramate, Cymbalta, Adderall 30 for a 30-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Chronic Depression, Depression (3 minutes ago)
- Sprintec, Escitalopram, Vyvanse, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 41-year old woman who has Birth Control, Sleeping Difficulty, ADD, Blood Pressure (15 minutes ago)
- Compare Allegra and Vitamin E for a 58-year old woman (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Pelvic Pain and Birth Control
- Vomiting and Blood Pressure
- Vomiting and Vyvanse
- Vomiting and Add
- Vomiting and Escitalopram
Recent user comments
- "Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved ... " (16 minutes ago)
- "Edema of ankles and lower legs, blister-like or pimpl ... " (28 minutes ago)
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (7 hours ago)
- Selegiline Hydrochloride
- Ureaplasma Infection
- Theolair Sr
- Coffea Robusta