Review: could Prilosec cause Skin rash (Rashes)?
Summary: Skin rash is found among people who take Prilosec, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain.
We study 59,752 people who have side effects while taking Prilosec from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,130 have Skin rash. Find out below who they are, when they have Skin rash and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Prilosec and have Skin rash >>>
Prilosec has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Prilosec 61,523 users)
Skin rash (redness) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, depression.(latest reports from Skin rash 145,684 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 59,746 people reported to have side effects when taking Prilosec. Among them, 2,067 people (3.46%) have Skin Rash.
Time on Prilosec when people have Skin rash * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Skin rash||49.18%||5.74%||6.56%||13.93%||9.02%||15.57%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Skin rash when taking Prilosec * :
|Skin rash||65.45%||34.55% |
Age of people who have Skin rash when taking Prilosec * :
|Skin rash||0.10%||0.41%||1.13%||2.00%||4.83%||14.85%||27.70%||48.97% |
Severity of Skin rash when taking Prilosec ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Skin rash||23.08%||53.85%||7.69%||15.38% |
How people recovered from Skin rash ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Skin rash||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (219 people, 10.60%)
- Hypertension (183 people, 8.85%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (181 people, 8.76%)
- Osteoporosis (168 people, 8.13%)
- Multiple myeloma (161 people, 7.79%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (507 people, 24.53%)
- Zometa (420 people, 20.32%)
- Aredia (334 people, 16.16%)
- Lasix (322 people, 15.58%)
- Coumadin (298 people, 14.42%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Skin Rash while taking Prilosec?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prilosec and have Skin Rash
- support group for people who take Prilosec
- support group for people who have Skin Rash
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Did you have a heart fibrillations and anxiety and depression
I was a pretty calm and relaxed person until I started omeprazole which after taking it for about 2 weeks,I didn't realize that I was stressing and having anxiety due to this drug. but it kept taking it . I got worse and worse every time I tried to do something I would get terrible anxiety and depression and frustration and then I realized that there must be something about this drug that was causing it and I quit taking it. I felt a definite difference when I quit taking it I was not quite so stressed didn't have anxiety I'm still withdrawing from it but I feel like I'm a whole lot better than I would not recommend this to anyone
- I can't figure out how to get to the discussion boards. how do you do that? also, i tried to respond to a question and it said i needed more info, like i was signing up for the group. i have done tha
I am taking a large dose of omeprazole temporarily until they do another disgnostic test. The only other drug I currently take is levothyroxine but I have no questions about that at this time.
- Can 200 grams doxycycline cause arrythmia?
Can 200 grams of Doxycycline bring on arrythmia???
- Can long-term methadone use cause or increase the risk of colon cancer?
I had a two-level spinal fusion at L4-S1 in 2000 after being injuried at work in Sept. 24, 1997. I lost everything after...the unjury, ability to do my job, my wife and family (couldn't take the strain) my home, my sense of self and purpose, direction and belonging...credit rating and ability to pay my bills.
After a long period of waiting to settle my workmens' comp. case, I returned home, from the Bat Area back to Arizona to take of my mother with a yet un dianosed case of moderate dementia.
Then, in 2011 I had a 2nd surgery to relieve spinal stenosis btwn. L2-L4, just above the fusion site.
I've been taking methadone since early 2004, a little over ten years, now. I've had high blood pressure since my injury.
Now, I waiting to be scheduled for a colonoscopy, with my father having had polyps and the way I've been feeling..drained, tired all the time, and stomach pains ( in addition to my chronic low back pain), I...
find myself wondering if there is any relationtionship between the methadone and other meds and cancer?
- Could prilosec cause an elevated blood sugar
I've been on Prilosec for about 1 month & my blood sugars have been elevated starting shortly after I started on it. could Prilosec be causing it? Nothing else has changed with my meds or lifestyle.
More questions for: Prilosec, Skin rash
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Irregular heatbeat and prilosec
I am 65 M and a long history of Moderate hypertension. I am overweight, out of shape. 15-20 years ago when I didn't take BP medicine I had occasional PVCs, heart skips a beat.
Since I have been on Metoprolol (beta blocker) and Cozaar my BP is normal and heartbeat normal.
I have been on that regimen 15-20 years.
Now or in the last weeks or 2 I notice skipped beats and irregular, fast to slow and back on occasion
Recently It was suggested I may have sleep apnea and was definitely diagnosed with bad acid reflux by an Ear nose and throat specialist.
I was told to go on 2 OTC Prevacid/day for 3 months. I instead, since I had them, went on Prilosec-- slightly different.
I have been on Prilosec 2 or so weeks maybe 3.
It clicked in my mind today that maybe there is a connection.
I have a pretty expensive pulse oximeter (electronic finger thingy) and I can actually see flat lines and skipped beats and strength of pulse. Oxygen is 90 to 94. Also I started taking aspirin out of fear
- Rash from eating kale
I ate kale for the first time on Monday. I only had a small bowl of fresh mixed green salad, so it wasn't entirely Kale. By Tuesday, I had a small rash on my left hip. I ignored it at first. Thursday evening, I decided to eat a large kale salad with other veggies and salmon, all of which I have eaten regularly aside from kale. Friday morning, my entire body was covered in the same rash that appeared Tuesday. I went to the ER. The doc said it was some type of allergic reaction. The ONLY thing I did/consumed different was the kale. I can't find much about it's reactions, though.
- Prednisone mixed results-it lets me breath
have been on prednisone now for 3 years straight. Am taking 30mg a day just to breath. every time i have tried to taper off i have ended up in the emergency room unable to breath. That has been 7 times in the last year. I am 49 years old and was in good health 3-4 years ago. got a cough and it has been down hill.Prednisone worked great at first but then it starts to destroy the body.Had nasal passage surgery(waste of time)have broken many ribs from coughing.painful.when you are on prednisone your body takes 3-5 times longer to heal.craked tailbone from a slip. have seen over 12 doctors.reasonable gueswork. My best doc which is mine says do you want to suffocate to death or let your body try and fix itself if it can. im not for suffocation at all. Just a good medicine to counter the angriness of the steroid. Any ideas i am all ears. oh ya my eyes are starting to go and my joints as well
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
- Enoxoparine causing worsening of stiffness more weakness in ability to use his hand properly
My father had cardiac cath to check the conduction the study complicated by DVT
Given enoxoparine 8000 IU sub cut daily for 4weeks
Can I discontinue enoxoparine and give him aspirin 81mg daily
More reviews for: Prilosec, Skin rash
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- not itchy. appears on stomach, sides, back, chest & hips. noticed after a painful bowel movement due to anal fissure. also ate random selection of food at buffer a couple hours prior. very light red. ability to "write on skin" (noticed when itching occured). not sure if itching was due to anxiety of ...
- I am a 48 yr old female diagnosed with PTSD, bipolar 2, BPD, histrionic suicidal idealation and a mess!!!
Things were going well in therapy and with my Dr. over the past 2 years on the above "cocktail" MINUS the Latuda and Lexapro.
I have had 3 very serious suicide attempts, all prior to the T ...
- I have osteoarthritis and am coeliac. I follow a gluten free diet. Recently I have developed severe stomach pain which comes on about 1 - 2 hours after eating. Ant acids and over the counter medicine such as Gaviscon don't seem to help. It goes away gradually on its own but the occasions are get ...
- I am taking only 5mg a day but as I decrease my dose to every other day, the burning and tenderness in my mouth and tongue decrease. I was told by my dentist that menopause can have a side effect of burning mouth syndrome and I have done some researching on the web about this syndrome and there isn ...
- had a procedure to melt and remove fat from abdomen ... used versed IV as anaesthesia, wasn't very effective, had a lot of pain and memory of procedure. Rash developed on my face around mouth, nose, and eyes ... getting worse over past 18 months.
More related studies for: Prilosec, Skin rash
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.