Home > Prilosec > Skin rash > Prilosec and Skin rash
Review: could Prilosec cause Skin rash (Rashes)?
We study 59,746 people who have side effects while taking Prilosec from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,067 have Skin rash. Find out below who they are, when they have Skin rash and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Prilosec and have Skin rash >>>
Prilosec (latest outcomes from 61,508 users) has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Skin rash (redness) (latest reports from 970,465 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, depression.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 59,746 people reported to have side effects when taking Prilosec. Among them, 2,067 people (3.46%) have Skin Rash.
Time on Prilosec when people have Skin rash * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Skin rash||49.18%||5.74%||6.56%||13.93%||9.02%||15.57%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Skin rash when taking Prilosec * :
|Skin rash||65.45%||34.55% |
Age of people who have Skin rash when taking Prilosec * :
|Skin rash||0.10%||0.41%||1.13%||2.00%||4.83%||14.85%||27.70%||48.97% |
Severity of Skin rash when taking Prilosec ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Skin rash||23.08%||53.85%||7.69%||15.38% |
How people recovered from Skin rash ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Skin rash||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (219 people, 10.60%)
- Hypertension (183 people, 8.85%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (181 people, 8.76%)
- Osteoporosis (168 people, 8.13%)
- Multiple myeloma (161 people, 7.79%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (507 people, 24.53%)
- Zometa (420 people, 20.32%)
- Aredia (334 people, 16.16%)
- Lasix (322 people, 15.58%)
- Coumadin (298 people, 14.42%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Skin Rash while taking Prilosec?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Prilosec and have Skin Rash
- support group for people who take Prilosec
- support group for people who have Skin Rash
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Can long-term methadone use cause or increase the risk of colon cancer?
I had a two-level spinal fusion at L4-S1 in 2000 after being injuried at work in Sept. 24, 1997. I lost everything after...the unjury, ability to do my job, my wife and family (couldn't take the strain) my home, my sense of self and purpose, direction and belonging...credit rating and ability to pay ...
- Could prilosec cause an elevated blood sugar
I've been on Prilosec for about 1 month & my blood sugars have been elevated starting shortly after I started on it. could Prilosec be causing it? Nothing else has changed with my meds or lifestyle.
- How long does redness last after picato?
After 3 and a half weeks, I still have a huge red splotch on my face where I applied picato gel according to directions from my dermatologist. I'm very worried that it will be permanent. I had a huge water filled blister the morning after my first application of the gel. I used it two more times as ...
More questions for: Prilosec, Skin rash
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Rash from eating kale
I ate kale for the first time on Monday. I only had a small bowl of fresh mixed green salad, so it wasn't entirely Kale. By Tuesday, I had a small rash on my left hip. I ignored it at first. Thursday evening, I decided to eat a large kale salad with other veggies and salmon, all of which I have ...
- Prednisone mixed results-it lets me breath
have been on prednisone now for 3 years straight. Am taking 30mg a day just to breath. every time i have tried to taper off i have ended up in the emergency room unable to breath. That has been 7 times in the last year. I am 49 years old and was in good health 3-4 years ago. got a cough and it has b ...
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
More reviews for: Prilosec, Skin rash
On eHealthMe, Prilosec (omeprazole) is often used for gastroesophageal reflux disease. Find out below the conditions Prilosec is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Prilosec used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a patient with Gerd. The patient has Nail Bed Infection Fungal, Skin Rash (redness), Headache (pain in head), Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water), Lightheadedness - Fainting (a common and often unpleasant sensation feeling that one may be about to faint), Lightheadedness - Dizzy (a common and often unpleasant sensation of dizziness), Food Craving, Food Aversion (we reject certain foods for a reason), Heartburn - Chronic (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus), Involuntary Body Movements, Facial Tics (uncontrollable spasms in the face, such as blinking of eyes or scrunching of the nose), Diarrhea, Confusion, Gas - Flatulence (act of expelling air from the intestine through anus), Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of side effects of Nexium Iv for a patient with GERD. The patient has Rash Generalised (rash on most of body parts)
- A study of drug interactions between Prilosec, Methylprednisolone, Allopurinol, HCTZ, Amlodipine Maleate; Benazepril Hydrochloride for a patient with Acid Reflux, Gout, Hypertension. The patient has Rash
More related studies for: Prilosec, Skin rash
Recent Prilosec related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Prilosec, Skin rash
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (33 minutes ago)
- Vitamin D for a 26-year old woman who has Vitamin D Deficiency (36 minutes ago)
- Alprazolam for a 45-year old woman who has Initial Insomnia (51 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Atorvastatin Calcium
- Vitamin B12
- Bone And Joint Pain
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (3 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (3 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (3 hours ago)
- Palmar Plantar Erythrodysaesthesia Syndrome
- Valley Fever
- Hair Loss