Review: could Prilosec cause Vaginal yeast infection?
Summary: Vaginal yeast infection is found among people who take Prilosec, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, also take medication Zoloft, and have Crohn's disease.
We study 59,777 people who have side effects while taking Prilosec from FDA and social media. Among them, 30 have Vaginal yeast infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Vaginal yeast infection and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Prilosec and have Vaginal yeast infection >>>
Prilosec has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 61,552 Prilosec users)
Vaginal yeast infection
Vaginal yeast infection has been reported by people with depression, birth control, rheumatoid arthritis, arthritis, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 1,336 Vaginal yeast infection patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 59,776 people reported to have side effects when taking Prilosec. Among them, 30 people (0.05%) have Vaginal Yeast Infection.
Time on Prilosec when people have Vaginal yeast infection * :
Gender of people who have Vaginal yeast infection when taking Prilosec * :
|Vaginal yeast infection||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Vaginal yeast infection when taking Prilosec * :
|Vaginal yeast infection||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||9.52%||47.62%||0.00%||28.57% |
Severity of Vaginal yeast infection when taking Prilosec ** :
How people recovered from Vaginal yeast infection ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Crohn's disease (5 people, 16.67%)
- Depression (5 people, 16.67%)
- Contraception (3 people, 10.00%)
- Major depression (2 people, 6.67%)
- Anxiety (1 people, 3.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zoloft (11 people, 36.67%)
- Premarin (10 people, 33.33%)
- Propulsid (10 people, 33.33%)
- Zantac (9 people, 30.00%)
- Seldane (7 people, 23.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of prilosec and vaginal yeast infection on
Do you have Vaginal Yeast Infection while taking Prilosec?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Prilosec and have Vaginal Yeast Infection
- support group for people who take Prilosec
- support group for people who have Vaginal Yeast Infection
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vicodin, Tramadol, Omeprazole, Losartan for a 59-year old man with Pain - Joints, Acid Reflux, Blood Pressure. The patient has Acid Reflux, Pain - Joints, Fatigue - Chronic
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a 65-year old man with Reflux Oesophagitis. The patient has Saliva Altered
- A study of drug interactions between Valsartan, Janumet, Omeprazole for a 72-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Acid Reflux. The patient has Burning Sensation
- A study of drug interactions between Sumatriptan, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Amlodipine, Tramadol for a 48-year old woman with Migraine, Migrane Control, Stomachache, Hypertension, Pelvic Organ Injury. The patient has Severe Hypertension Despite Being Medicated, Fatigue - Chronic, Back Stiffness, Painful Feet Around Achilles And Legs - Unable To Relieve With Drugs
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Brilinta, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Aspirin, Ramipril for a 66-year old woman with Hiatus Hernia, Heart Attack. The patient has Weight Gain
Recent Prilosec related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Zantac for a 66-year old woman who has Acid Reflux
- Comparions of Atenolol, Omeprazole for a 83-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Pantoprazole for a 49-year old woman who has Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Phentermine, Zorvolex, Gabapentin for a 49-year old woman who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.