Review: could Prilosec cause Vaginal yeast infection?
Summary: Vaginal yeast infection is found among people who take Prilosec, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, also take medication Zoloft, and have Crohn's disease.
We study 59,776 people who have side effects while taking Prilosec from FDA and social media. Among them, 30 have Vaginal yeast infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Vaginal yeast infection and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Prilosec and have Vaginal yeast infection >>>
Prilosec has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 61,548 Prilosec users)
Vaginal yeast infection
Vaginal yeast infection has been reported by people with birth control, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, arthritis, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 1,334 Vaginal yeast infection patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 59,770 people reported to have side effects when taking Prilosec. Among them, 30 people (0.05%) have Vaginal Yeast Infection.
Time on Prilosec when people have Vaginal yeast infection * :
Gender of people who have Vaginal yeast infection when taking Prilosec * :
|Vaginal yeast infection||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Vaginal yeast infection when taking Prilosec * :
|Vaginal yeast infection||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||9.52%||47.62%||0.00%||28.57% |
Severity of Vaginal yeast infection when taking Prilosec ** :
How people recovered from Vaginal yeast infection ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Crohn's disease (5 people, 16.67%)
- Depression (5 people, 16.67%)
- Contraception (3 people, 10.00%)
- Major depression (2 people, 6.67%)
- Anxiety (1 people, 3.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zoloft (11 people, 36.67%)
- Premarin (10 people, 33.33%)
- Propulsid (10 people, 33.33%)
- Zantac (9 people, 30.00%)
- Seldane (7 people, 23.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of prilosec and vaginal yeast infection on
Do you have Vaginal Yeast Infection while taking Prilosec?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Prilosec and have Vaginal Yeast Infection
- support group for people who take Prilosec
- support group for people who have Vaginal Yeast Infection
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Tramadol, Omeprazole, Lyrica, Neurontin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Losartan, Bydureon, Metformin, Humalog, Chantix for a 39-year old woman with Deficiency Anaemia, Pain, Gerd, Neuropathy, Hypertension, Diabetes, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Quit Smoking. The patient has Amphetamines Positive
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Omeprazole, Gemfibrozil, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Hydrochlorothiazide for a 55-year old man with Blood Triglycerides Abnormal, Barrett's Oesophagus, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has High Blood Sugar
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Zorvolex for a 21-year old woman with Ulcers, Headache. The patient has Headache
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a 45-year old woman with Heartburn - Chronic. The patient has Burning Mouth Syndrome (pain in the mouth and burning sensation on tongue)
- A study of side effects of Benadryl for a 40-year old woman with Allergy To Chemicals. The patient has Yeast Infection - Vagina (fungal infection of vagina)
Recent Prilosec related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Omeprazole, Lamotrigine for a 41-year old woman who has Temporal Lobe Nocturnal Epilepsy, Underactive Thyroid, IBS,depression, GERD
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Escitalopram for a 44-year old man who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Famotidine, Omeprazole for a 67-year old man who has GERD
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole, Keppra for a 68-year old woman who has Confusion, Barrett's Esophagus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.