Prilosec and Vaginal yeast infection - from FDA reports
Vaginal yeast infection is found among people who take Prilosec, especially for people who are 40-49 old also take medication Zoloft, and have Crohn's disease. This review analyzes which people have Vaginal yeast infection with Prilosec. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 83,647 people who have side effects when taking Prilosec from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
83,647 people reported to have side effects when taking Prilosec.
Among them, 30 people (0.04%) have Vaginal yeast infection
Number of reports submitted per year:
Age of people who have Vaginal yeast infection when taking Prilosec *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 14.29 %
- 30-39: 9.52 %
- 40-49: 47.62 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 28.57 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression (5 people, 16.67%)
- Crohn's Disease (5 people, 16.67%)
- Birth Control (3 people, 10.00%)
- Major Depression (2 people, 6.67%)
- Gastritis (1 person, 3.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zoloft (11 people, 36.67%)
- Propulsid (10 people, 33.33%)
- Premarin (10 people, 33.33%)
- Zantac (9 people, 30.00%)
- Synthroid (8 people, 26.67%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Road Traffic Accident (9 people, 30.00%)
- Nausea (7 people, 23.33%)
- Hypoaesthesia (7 people, 23.33%)
- Fibrocystic Breast Disease (7 people, 23.33%)
- Chest Pain (7 people, 23.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Vaginal yeast infection when taking Prilosec?
- Check symptoms - is vaginal yeast infection caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsVaginal yeast infection and drugs with ingredients of omeprazole.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeVaginal yeast infection and Prilosec from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Prilosec has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Prilosec 86,733 users)
Vaginal yeast infection
Vaginal yeast infection has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, birth control, osteoporosis, arthritis, breast cancer (latest reports from 1,431 Vaginal yeast infection patients).
Browse all side effects of Priloseca b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Vaginal yeast infectionVaginal yeast infection
Could your condition cause Vaginal yeast infectionVaginal yeast infection
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I had three Dermatofibromas that took 10 years to develop. However, within the last four months (when I started taking Prilosec daily), I'm now up to 15. I have read that when you have more than 15 DF's and they are developing within a short period of time, that qualifies as Multiple ...
Recently diagnosed with Sjogrens disease in May, 2015. Have been on a maintenance dose of lamictal for 2 years. Began the pilocarpine in May, 2015. REcently in the past month developed the bloating, constipation. I have had endoscopy and esophagram procedures with no issues reported. Any help or ...
I had a yeast infection and got Monistat seven. I have been taking it for 7 days now as of tonight. I was wondering how long before I can be sexually active? Also I know that monistat effects birth control,will it effect my nexoplonon implant? Can I become pregnant?
User reviews to the study
I have been taking Prilosec for several years. For approximately one month, I have experienced episodes of intermittent feelings that feel like my heart is fluttering, throughout the day. Haven't contacted my doctor about it yet. Read an article today, suggesting that it may be caused by ...
Hello! I have just recently started making marijuana brownies. I keep getting a yeast infection the next morning after eating brownies. Does anyone else experience this? If so, what do you do to prevent it?