Review: could Prilosec cause Ventricular tachycardia?
Summary: Ventricular tachycardia is found among people who take Prilosec, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lasix, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 59,776 people who have side effects while taking Prilosec from FDA and social media. Among them, 266 have Ventricular tachycardia. Find out below who they are, when they have Ventricular tachycardia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Prilosec and have Ventricular tachycardia >>>
Prilosec has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 61,548 Prilosec users)
Ventricular tachycardia (rapid heartbeat that originates in one of the lower chambers (the ventricles) of the heart) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, diabetes, pain, arthritis. (latest reports from 13,158 Ventricular tachycardia patients)
On Mar, 6, 2015: 59,776 people reported to have side effects when taking Prilosec. Among them, 266 people (0.44%) have Ventricular Tachycardia.
Time on Prilosec when people have Ventricular tachycardia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Ventricular tachycardia||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Ventricular tachycardia when taking Prilosec * :
|Ventricular tachycardia||39.55%||60.45% |
Age of people who have Ventricular tachycardia when taking Prilosec * :
|Ventricular tachycardia||0.00%||2.10%||2.52%||0.42%||2.10%||17.65%||21.85%||53.36% |
Severity of Ventricular tachycardia when taking Prilosec ** :
How people recovered from Ventricular tachycardia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (23 people, 8.65%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (19 people, 7.14%)
- Arthritis (18 people, 6.77%)
- Depression (15 people, 5.64%)
- Convulsion (14 people, 5.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (65 people, 24.44%)
- Propulsid (63 people, 23.68%)
- Aspirin (57 people, 21.43%)
- Furosemide (47 people, 17.67%)
- Vioxx (47 people, 17.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of prilosec and ventricular tachycardia on
Do you have Ventricular Tachycardia while taking Prilosec?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Prilosec and have Ventricular Tachycardia
- support group for people who take Prilosec
- support group for people who have Ventricular Tachycardia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Myrbetriq, Atacand, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a 66-year old man with Dyspepsia, Oab, Hypertension. The patient has Bradycardia
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Vitamin D, Magnesium Sulfate In Plastic Container, Biotin, Vitamin B12, Cytomel, Singulair, Elavil, Omeprazole, Effexor Xr for a 41-year old woman with Osteoporosis, Chronic Depression, Migraine - Classic, Keratosis Pilaris, Asthma, Gerd. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Rapaflo, Tribenzor for a 67-year old man with Acid Reflux, Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Alcohol, Gemfibrozil, Omeprazole, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 53-year old man with None, Blood Triglycerides, Acid Reflux, Major Depression. The patient has Death
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Atorvastatin Calcium, Omeprazole for a 69-year old man with Jet Lag, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Reflux Oesophagitis. The patient has Itching - Vaginal Area
Recent Prilosec related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole, Keppra for a 68-year old woman who has Confusion, Barrett's Esophagus
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Singulair, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Sodium, Plaquenil for a 54-year old woman who has Autoimmune
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Pantoprazole for a 63-year old woman who has GE Reflux
- Comparions of Dexilant, Omeprazole, Nexium for a 65-year old woman who has Ppi
- Comparions of Prednisone, Omeprazole, Linzess, Ambien for a 22-year old woman who has Migraine
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.