Review: could Prilosec cause Ventricular tachycardia?
Summary: Ventricular tachycardia is found among people who take Prilosec, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lasix, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 59,777 people who have side effects while taking Prilosec from FDA and social media. Among them, 266 have Ventricular tachycardia. Find out below who they are, when they have Ventricular tachycardia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Prilosec and have Ventricular tachycardia >>>
Prilosec has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 61,552 Prilosec users)
Ventricular tachycardia (rapid heartbeat that originates in one of the lower chambers (the ventricles) of the heart) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, diabetes, pain, arthritis. (latest reports from 13,158 Ventricular tachycardia patients)
On Apr, 5, 2015: 59,777 people reported to have side effects when taking Prilosec. Among them, 266 people (0.44%) have Ventricular Tachycardia.
Time on Prilosec when people have Ventricular tachycardia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Ventricular tachycardia||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Ventricular tachycardia when taking Prilosec * :
|Ventricular tachycardia||39.55%||60.45% |
Age of people who have Ventricular tachycardia when taking Prilosec * :
|Ventricular tachycardia||0.00%||2.10%||2.52%||0.42%||2.10%||17.65%||21.85%||53.36% |
Severity of Ventricular tachycardia when taking Prilosec ** :
How people recovered from Ventricular tachycardia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (23 people, 8.65%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (19 people, 7.14%)
- Arthritis (18 people, 6.77%)
- Depression (15 people, 5.64%)
- Convulsion (14 people, 5.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (65 people, 24.44%)
- Propulsid (63 people, 23.68%)
- Aspirin (57 people, 21.43%)
- Furosemide (47 people, 17.67%)
- Vioxx (47 people, 17.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of prilosec and ventricular tachycardia on
Do you have Ventricular Tachycardia while taking Prilosec?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Prilosec and have Ventricular Tachycardia
- support group for people who take Prilosec
- support group for people who have Ventricular Tachycardia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Chlorzoxazone, Omeprazole for a 32-year old man with Muscle Tightness, Acid Reflux. The patient has Throat - Sore, Throat Lesion
- A study of drug interactions between Sitagliptin Phosphate, Omeprazole, Prednisolone, Levothyroxine Sodium, Metformin for a 68-year old woman with Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Gallstones, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Hypothyroidism, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Fluticasone Propionate, Omeprazole for a 50-year old woman with Sinus Headache, Ulcer - Stomach. The patient has Stomach Pain, Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a 35-year old woman with Ulcer - Peptic. The patient has Galactorrhea
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Zopiclone, Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Bisacodyl, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Morphine, Morphine Sulfate for a 42-year old woman with Ulcer - Stomach, Insomnia, Fibromyalgia, Constipation, Depression, Degenerative Joint Disease. The patient has Confusion, Blurred Vision, Constipation, Toothaches, Tooth Decay, Depression, Dizziness Exertional, Muscular Weakness, Itching, Eczema Exacerbated, Neck Pain, Headache, Tooth Loss, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Fatigue - Chronic, Weight Gain, Food Hoarding, Food Craving, Abdominal Bloating, Ocular Migraine, Stomach Pain, Bedwetting
Recent Prilosec related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Pantoprazole for a 49-year old woman who has Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Phentermine, Zorvolex, Gabapentin for a 49-year old woman who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Omeprazole, Lamotrigine for a 41-year old woman who has Temporal Lobe Nocturnal Epilepsy, Underactive Thyroid, IBS,depression, GERD
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Escitalopram for a 44-year old man who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.